• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Absolutely pissed with C&C !

Just bought a w211 and sent in the car for C&C for a 33 point diagnostic check. Outcome of report indicated no issues and only recommended to change battery and that my passenger seat cannot move up and down ( mentioned that the motor is gone and will cost between 1k - 3k to replace depending on which motor). Other than that, it is fine in terms of diagnostic check. On day of delivery on last Thursday ( by seller), the low batt error came out. Sent in my w211 to C&C on last Thursday for sanity check.

C&C told me that they need to check alternator (200+) for leakage lest the new battery (650) is affected by current leakage. Got a call from C& C on Friday that the alternator is gone, and need to replace a new one (700 +) and also need to change clutch pulley plus recoiling of alternator. Then got a call later on the same day that car cant start after installing new batt and alternator and thats because the starter motor is gone and need to be replaced. WTF? Fine. They assured that there's no more surprises.

Came Tuesday (today) and got a call from C&C that car is ready for collection after changing all those things and damage is 2400. Fine.. Take the damage cos car has stayed too long in sick bay for my liking..

30 mins afte the 1st call, C&C told me that I have a fuse (linked to ignition) that keeping getting blown after car is started and driven for a while. They are unsure of root cause, and also suspects that it may be linked to my faulty passenger seat motor module ( my passenger seat cannot move up /down). WTF? They asked me to leave the car for monitoring for one more day.. Ain't they supposed to check everything before contacting customer to collect car??

This whole saga is driving me crazy. It only begins with a low batt error and it evolves to an monstrous nightmare. I am really suspecting some negligence and I am keeping my fingers crossed when I hear from them again. I did let the service I advisor know that I am not paying for any diagnostic and monitoring check and that the whole trail of events is really unexpected and I really do not want to see any other components start getting "sick" again..

Lest they came with new items again, any advice on how to handle?

It happens to my dad S class previously.. Cost him 5-7k to do those stuffs.. Including the electronics suspension.. Due to Low Batt!

Wow.. U are starting to send shivers down my spine now.. Will you care to elaborate more on how does it goes from batt to suspension? Was it progressively reported by the service advisor, as in changing of item back to back to localize fault? Do pm the name of the advisor if you know. Thanks.

i'm also in a service line.. and the last thing a client wants to know is to find out even more problems after getting informed of a set of problems..

what cnc should have done is really check properly and confirm before going back to update you the issues/costs to repair.

this really makes them sound unprofessional. untrained personnel? overworked? i believe both. 

my last experience with them wasn't good either.. though not major problems like yours.

i was made to wait from morning 9am till 6pm and to find that my car was still parked nicely there at 6.15pm.

and the job: to replace a misty headlamp.

i kpkb and literally shouted at the SE and it was done in 15 minutes.

earlier i saw mechanics smoking and laughing at a corner.

good service? far from it.

earlier i saw mechanics smoking and laughing at a corner.

good service? far from it.

Wah. If true then really something wrong with their service crew setup.

Think they like have no KPI to achieve and just own time own target....

Outside workshop crew will want a quick gd job so that can have gd turn around time for more clients.

Wah. If true then really something wrong with their service crew setup.

Think they like have no KPI to achieve and just own time own target....

Outside workshop crew will want a quick gd job so that can have gd turn around time for more clients.

yes that's a vast difference i saw between them and outside workshop.

worst case they just get the se to call you and say not done yet. try again tomorrow. i kenna a few times already.

that was why the last time (final straw) i purposely sat in cnc pandan from 9am and wait for them to change my misty headlamp. 

i even brought my laptop and charger there to work while i waited.

For those first 3 years if car down for more than a day will there be a loan car?

Yes but be prepared to wait 2-3 months for it. If your issue isn't a serious one you can tell your SA that you want a courtesy car and wait till he calls you. If its a serious fault, you won't have the luxury of waiting.

i sent a letter to Alexander Newbigging

and he replied me about 2 days later

cheersssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

chershen,

care to share what was your issue and how did the letter to alexander worked out? u can pm me alternatively. i am seriously planning to write one.

Just bought a w211 and sent in the car for C&C for a 33 point diagnostic check. Outcome of report indicated no issues and only recommended to change battery and that my passenger seat cannot move up and down ( mentioned that the motor is gone and will cost between 1k - 3k to replace depending on which motor). Other than that, it is fine in terms of diagnostic check. On day of delivery on last Thursday ( by seller), the low batt error came out. Sent in my w211 to C&C on last Thursday for sanity check.

C&C told me that they need to check alternator (200+) for leakage lest the new battery (650) is affected by current leakage. Got a call from C& C on Friday that the alternator is gone, and need to replace a new one (700 +) and also need to change clutch pulley plus recoiling of alternator. Then got a call later on the same day that car cant start after installing new batt and alternator and thats because the starter motor is gone and need to be replaced. WTF? Fine. They assured that there's no more surprises.

Came Tuesday (today) and got a call from C&C that car is ready for collection after changing all those things and damage is 2400. Fine.. Take the damage cos car has stayed too long in sick bay for my liking..

30 mins afte the 1st call, C&C told me that I have a fuse (linked to ignition) that keeping getting blown after car is started and driven for a while. They are unsure of root cause, and also suspects that it may be linked to my faulty passenger seat motor module ( my passenger seat cannot move up /down). WTF? They asked me to leave the car for monitoring for one more day.. Ain't they supposed to check everything before contacting customer to collect car??

This whole saga is driving me crazy. It only begins with a low batt error and it evolves to an monstrous nightmare. I am really suspecting some negligence and I am keeping my fingers crossed when I hear from them again. I did let the service I advisor know that I am not paying for any diagnostic and monitoring check and that the whole trail of events is really unexpected and I really do not want to see any other components start getting "sick" again..

2 issues:

I guess you bought the w211 from a private seller? If you bought from a used car dealer, they should provide warranty and you could send back the car to them for repair. Probably those issues already existed before you bought the car, hence can't really blame c & c.

On the part by C & C, it was truly unprofessional of them to call the customer to pick up the car and calling them again to inform of further problem. Get them to do a complete check again and demand for a courtesy car while your car at sick bay.

• 2 months later...

Bro

I owned MBs and you have to stand firm and show that you meant business.  They are good at trial and error and you be the sucker, keep on paying. I sometime wonder if their so call technician is qualify to handle the problems.  Their manager do not want to see customers, he is always

invisible.  Why employed highly paid manager who always siam from customers.  Its just unfortunate that we drive MB.

Stay firm and no point talking to the advisers. Your blood pressure will increase.

• 7 years later...
4 hours ago, SLS said:

Hi! My check engine light was on and the technician told me that it’s covered under the engine warranty, but he tried to charge me a $400 Diagnostic fee. Anyone know if this is common? Thanks! 

$400 imho is a very expensive for a diagnostic check.

If your car is from C&C and you do your servicing (spark plugs, engine oil, transmission oil, brake oil what ever apply) there according to your mileage or schedule, your engine is 10 years warranty by C&C.

My ride is out of warranty but I will continue to do my oil changes at C& C but others like battery, brake pad & rotors, etc I will do it outside and to enjoy that 10 year warranty on engine.

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)