• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Engine light came on.

There could be hundreds of reasons why your engine light comes on, it depends on the fault code the system is emitting. If Chip Soon can clear the code for you, they definitely can diagnose what fault code the system is emitting.

My engine warning light came out two weeks ago. I had a mini diagnostic kit with me, error code shown was P2188 System Too Rich at Idle. After clearing it a few times myself, the code still came back. Decided to head down to C&C. They found out that an air pipe was leaking and causing the fuel air mixture to be too rich. Was as simple as replacing the leaking pipe, everything covered by warranty.

• Like 1

Mine had a L,R O2 sensor faulty. last 2 weeks did cleared for 2 times by my workshop and well it came back again this time the engine had a major issue it stalled, rev up to 4200rpm max. Suppose to be able to rev till 6000 rpm. And caused was o2 sensor and fuel pump need to be replaced.

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

There could be hundreds of reasons why your engine light comes on, it depends on the fault code the system is emitting. If Chip Soon can clear the code for you, they definitely can diagnose what fault code the system is emitting.

My engine warning light came out two weeks ago. I had a mini diagnostic kit with me, error code shown was P2188 System Too Rich at Idle. After clearing it a few times myself, the code still came back. Decided to head down to C&C. They found out that an air pipe was leaking and causing the fuel air mixture to be too rich. Was as simple as replacing the leaking pipe, everything covered by warranty.

You actually have a mini diagnostic kit with you? LOL OMG need to be so pro?  :D

haha i think he got a OBD2 reader....I had one too...not ex la around 40 and up each....can connect iphone/laptop/android/ipad

You actually have a mini diagnostic kit with you? LOL OMG need to be so pro?  :D

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

I got this from our site sponsor. Plugs into your OBD2 reader and transmits data to your iPhone / Android. How much you can mess around depends on which App you purchased from the App Store

PLX Wifi Kiwi:

Use your iPhone, IPad or Android phone as a gauge, data logging and diagnostic tool!

Tons of Skins to choose from! Here are just a few....

4f2cf89a006b8e475454aa17a386c107.jpg

54120272cb979a34a623e0d5ae0dc21e.jpg

033ba9ec203e6c5a9d8ede431401915a.jpg

f1a3a1643e3a6723bf0e3e841b3f4554.jpg

2776c049e6bfbccb51a833a7fa25a236.jpg

4742799f5ac50e3bdc165feecf681334.jpg

• Like 1

Bro what app u use?I used engine link but don seems to be able to do anything to ECU

I got this from our site sponsor. Plugs into your OBD2 reader and transmits data to your iPhone / Android. How much you can mess around depends on which App you purchased from the App Store

3rd Gear

• photo-thumb-105.jpg?_r=1348057760
  • Moderators
  • staff.png
  • 1,510 posts
  • LocationCentral, Singapore

Posted Today, 07:48 AM

Hi bros,

Got the same car problem with 3rd Gear situation. Got it fix with Chip Soon today. Total costs $354.00. Thanks bros for all d advice.

recently my engine start to stalled when i stop at red traffic light and wanna move off on green or when im going up to slope.. went to autospritez to check but no fault code found.. wonder whats happening.. but recently didnt come back again.. stalling of engine only appear for 2 days.. still survive NSrun :D

can this app really measure the bhp and Nm? Looks like a good tool to have. Ex?

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

Sound like what happens to me once in a while....a qsn for u did u pump petrol that day? Well it took my workshop months to figure out what really happen to me with stalling after pumping petrol. and 3mths later after all the wear and tear change they figured out this.
1.O2 sensor is semi blocked

2.Fuel pump has issue

I was told if its not totally faulty they wont have error code.

recently my engine start to stalled when i stop at red traffic light and wanna move off on green or when im going up to slope.. went to autospritez to check but no fault code found.. wonder whats happening.. but recently didnt come back again.. stalling of engine only appear for 2 days.. still survive NSrun :D

Yes I used engine link.

got my OBD2 reader + app at around SGD100 is the reader that its ex....The app is not that ex. mine cost me below $10

Sounds like a mini dyno is possible! Lol....

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

Mini dyno is possible

Bro what app u use?I used engine link but don seems to be able to do anything to ECU

I'm on iPhone and I have Rev, Dash Command, and FuzzyCar. I find Rev easiest and simplest to use and use it often to time my 0-100 sprint. Dash Command use to be very unstable but offers a lot more readings.

Surprisingly, the readings I got on the App matches quite closely to the readings I got when I dynoed my car.

FuzzyCar no longer available in app store singapore

FuzzyCar no longer available in app store singapore

Is it? Lucky I got it before they stop selling!

Is it? Lucky I got it before they stop selling!

You make me sad next time wann see all your apps

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For those who are interested in OBD2 scanners, few recommendations for MB below

1. Autel Maxdiag 519
  2. VDM UCANDAS (http://www.ucandas.com/mod_static-view-sc_id-28.html )
  3. Launch Creader VIII

All these are standalone within 100++ bucks range

BobVEN

Proud Owner of Merc C200 CGI

---------------------------------------------

Pioneer HU P99RS for Sale ! Please click the link below..

http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/14541-pioneer-dex-p99rs-component-cd-receiver-for-sale/

Launch Creader VIII+ OBD2 Scanner for Sale ! Please click the link below

http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/14558-obd2-scanner-launch-creader-8-for-sale/

• 1 year later...

Sound like what happens to me once in a while....a qsn for u did u pump petrol that day? Well it took my workshop months to figure out what really happen to me with stalling after pumping petrol. and 3mths later after all the wear and tear change they figured out this.

1.O2 sensor is semi blocked

2.Fuel pump has issue

Hi, sorry for digging out this old thread… I did a google search and found it. Just want to know whether you managed to solve the problem totally by changing the sensor and fuel pump?

My car stalled recently when coming to a stop. I went to workshop and they could not find any fault code.

How much is the damage ($$) for changing the sensor and fuel pump? Are they expensive?

The damage was less than 2k can't remember is it less than 1k. Yes it reduce stalling . But not totally stop , as I have the tendency to over fill the petrol tank. I sold my car before it's totally solved.

Try this method , do not overfill the petrol tank. Was told that there is no air to push the petrol into the engine.