• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Hello

Hi Everyone,

This is Alex, recently my wife traded in her 2008 civic and got the 2012 FL W204.

I'm driving Civic Type R myself so it's totally a diiferent kind of car, one being harsh, noisy, vibrating like an Osim chiar while the W240 which is really really nice, comfy & quiet car to drive not stressful at all unlike the Type R hahaaaa.

I'm still learning about this car and figuring what and how to mod this car (Home minister are cool with mod, consider the luckily few).

So appreciate senior show me the ropes & don't flame if i ask stupid quesiton  :D

Likewise any kind soul do send me sites that you might have come upon that have more serious mod's. I found a few online but quite disappointed, very limited for M271 engine - Really nothing!

But don't tell me swap engine :lol:

Cheers

Have a Nice Weekend

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depending on yr modding style, aesthetics or hp management? If going for both budget of $15k is there about. Orh welcome and please bring in some mods idea from honda to mercs. Coz i modded my mercs like a honda civic, my buddies say one.

go disturb dr hannson if he can be found. he has a downpipe and tuning solution :P

for exos, if you don't need aftermarket, the usual local workshops. don't ask me. i take it that a type R user like yourself would know.  :D

go through the other exos threads and you'll see some options (all at cutthroat prices  :zoro: )

finally, go jalan jalan garageR and maximus. they also may have some ideas  :sick:

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Thanks for the warm welcome bros,

Yup, was thinking along that way. No need really fancy big brand for the items, i reckon our local exhaust workshop can replicate those many time cheaper hahahaa. But good tuning is extremely improtant and essential, it's after all the brain of the entire build up. Will look for the tuner once the IHE (Intake header & exhaust) mod is done.

As for aesthetics i'm scare liao, furthermore with LTA roaming around, look stock is important, i wouldn't want to be a big magnet hahaa. Do up the "interior" will do, no one know what goodies you got inside, only till you test it or someone push you. :lol:

Btw anyone did this before - scroll to page 2.

http://www.vaeth.com/fileadmin/user_upload/PDF/Presse/ME95_TunerGP09.pdf

See how they mount the intake filter. Planning to do the following:

1. Remove the existing air filter (keep it for C&C servicing)

2. Remove the existing intake hose

3. Install a 45deg silicon hose with 2 hose clamp, front and rear

4. Replace the intake filer with K&N or any aftermarket cone filter.

Pro: This gives a larger volume of filtered air in the airbox by removing the stock air filter and instead place a cone filter up front. The "empty" airbox which served as a larger holding/ reserved airbox = increase the air capacity for the engine to suck in.

Con: The fuel managment might not be smart enough pick up more air is coming in thus might runs into lean

Maybe some seniors  can share your opinion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Concept similar from what i used in my Type R.

Read the description

http://passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-Dry-Carbon-Fiber-PowerChamber-Intake-06-Civic-Si-P3082C379.aspx

Thanks for the warm welcome bros,

Yup, was thinking along that way. No need really fancy big brand for the items, i reckon our local exhaust workshop can replicate those many time cheaper hahahaa. But good tuning is extremely improtant and essential, it's after all the brain of the entire build up. Will look for the tuner once the IHE (Intake header & exhaust) mod is done.

As for aesthetics i'm scare liao, furthermore with LTA roaming around, look stock is important, i wouldn't want to be a big magnet hahaa. Do up the "interior" will do, no one know what goodies you got inside, only till you test it or someone push you. :lol:

Btw anyone did this before - scroll to page 2.

http://www.vaeth.com/fileadmin/user_upload/PDF/Presse/ME95_TunerGP09.pdf

See how they mount the intake filter. Planning to do the following:

1. Remove the existing air filter (keep it for C&C servicing)

2. Remove the existing intake hose

3. Install a 45deg silicon hose with 2 hose clamp, front and rear

4. Replace the intake filer with K&N or any aftermarket cone filter.

Pro: This gives a larger volume of filtered air in the airbox by removing the stock air filter and instead place a cone filter up front. The "empty" airbox which served as a larger holding/ reserved airbox = increase the air capacity for the engine to suck in.

Con: The fuel managment might not be smart enough pick up more air is coming in thus might runs into lean

Maybe some seniors  can share your opinion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Concept similar from what i used in my Type R.

Read the description

http://passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-Dry-Carbon-Fiber-PowerChamber-Intake-06-Civic-Si-P3082C379.aspx

idea is there. you forgot to mention add some heatshield, if possible :D

dissimilar to your previous Type-R, there is very limited engine bay space to divert an open pod filter away from the engine, unfortunately.

try and find a c350 or c300 stock exos. on paper hp higher than the turbos, so rightfully, the exos pipes are rightly sized for the higher hp.

remove secondary muffler, do y-joint. you'll get the stock twin exos look, plus good exos flow...  :devil:

try and find a c350 or c300 stock exos. on paper hp higher than the turbos, so rightfully, the exos pipes are rightly sized for the higher hp.

remove secondary muffler, do y-joint. you'll get the stock twin exos look, plus good exos flow... :devil:

Y-joint means must decat?

opps. maybe my bad. i can only remember my dc5 being spacious. hee...

DC5 definitely spacious. FD2 just to have open pod is a hassle. Need to re-route the entire stock engine bay setup if I remember correctly.

Nice to see all the ex-Honda kakis here, good to know you all.

Let me know if you need a feel of the good old VTEC, i don't mind give you a ride hahaaaa.

Btw, i tried fitting the K&N cone filter into the car and yes you can. I manage to sqeeze it in nicely in between the coolant hose and  the aircon compressor piping. And best of all not need to dismantle or do too much on the exisitng set up.

How to remove the plastic asembly link to the main intake?

1. Remove the "plastic front funnel", push the fastener clip downward, twist sideway to remove
  2. Twist and turn the long hose away from the funnel to remove it
  3. End up with the long hose hanging onto the flexible hose joint with the rest of the air intake assembly
  4. To remove the flexible joint away from the main intake assembly use your finger to push into the side (est at 4~5 o'clock position) while you twist out the joint
  5. Remove the entire flexible hose joint from the main air intake assembly..
  6. Use a Test pen , insert in between the hard plastic circular clip, use your finger to push out it out from the flexible hose 
  7. Connect the K&N cone filter into the exisitng flexible hose
  8. Tighten it wtih stand stainelss steel hose clip
  9. Re-algined and insert the flexible ose into the main intake assembly.

Tighten it with bracket so the cone filter stay in place all the time

Remove the stock air filter and you are ready to REVvvvvvv

IMG_3487.jpg

Hi Everyone,

This is Alex, recently my wife traded in her 2008 civic and got the 2012 FL W204.

I'm driving Civic Type R myself so it's totally a diiferent kind of car, one being harsh, noisy, vibrating like an Osim chiar while the W240 which is really really nice, comfy & quiet car to drive not stressful at all unlike the Type R hahaaaa.

I'm still learning about this car and figuring what and how to mod this car (Home minister are cool with mod, consider the luckily few).

So appreciate senior show me the ropes & don't flame if i ask stupid quesiton  :D

Likewise any kind soul do send me sites that you might have come upon that have more serious mod's. I found a few online but quite disappointed, very limited for M271 engine - Really nothing!

Cheers

Have a Nice Weekend

Hi Yap,

welcome onboard..........

* dont waste $ on your M271 engine...........

cheers

cheers

Bro, no choice leh, MB is not like Japanese car cannot swap engine so easily.

Only chance is to make the best out of it, even very little hahaaaaaa.

cheers

Bro, no choice leh, MB is not like Japanese car cannot swap engine so easily.

Only chance is to make the best out of it, even very little hahaaaaaa.

Play handling will do..............

cheers

Hi Everyone,

Cheers

Have a Nice Weekend

VTEC rawks! How about a J's Racing xos for the Merc? Just kidding :)

My ex mistresses....

9394559638_9f28a394db.jpg

Nice to see all the ex-Honda kakis here, good to know you all.

Let me know if you need a feel of the good old VTEC, i don't mind give you a ride hahaaaa.

Btw, i tried fitting the K&N cone filter into the car and yes you can. I manage to sqeeze it in nicely in between the coolant hose and  the aircon compressor piping. And best of all not need to dismantle or do too much on the exisitng set up.

How to remove the plastic asembly link to the main intake?

1. Remove the "plastic front funnel", push the fastener clip downward, twist sideway to remove
  2. Twist and turn the long hose away from the funnel to remove it
  3. End up with the long hose hanging onto the flexible hose joint with the rest of the air intake assembly
  4. To remove the flexible joint away from the main intake assembly use your finger to push into the side (est at 4~5 o'clock position) while you twist out the joint
  5. Remove the entire flexible hose joint from the main air intake assembly..
  6. Use a Test pen , insert in between the hard plastic circular clip, use your finger to push out it out from the flexible hose 
  7. Connect the K&N cone filter into the exisitng flexible hose
  8. Tighten it wtih stand stainelss steel hose clip
  9. Re-algined and insert the flexible ose into the main intake assembly.

Tighten it with bracket so the cone filter stay in place all the time

Remove the stock air filter and you are ready to REVvvvvvv

IMG_3487.jpg

Wouldnt this setup injest hot air bro?

My ex mistresses....

9394559638_9f28a394db.jpg

Play handling will do..............

cheers

Handling, what do you suggest bro?

Other then blackmercs strut bar, i haven't see much stuff on handling mod (pardon my ignorance :lol: )

VTEC rawks! How about a J's Racing xos for the Merc? Just kidding :)

Hahaaa, but i'm more a fan of TODA Racing, J'S Racing too fancy, too big a magnet for LTA hahaaaa..............

http://www.toda-racing.co.jp/index-en.html

Wouldnt this setup injest hot air bro?

Have think of it, need to do a guide /scope on the grill itself to bring in more air through the air funnel and toward the cone filter.

Let's see how it go :D

Handling, what do you suggest bro?

Other then blackmercs strut bar, i haven't see much stuff on handling mod (pardon my ignorance :lol: )

Hi Yap,

strut bar ok ok only.........

try Coilover...................

if need to then upgrade anti roll bar...

* tyres are important too....

cheers

Hi Yap,

strut bar ok ok only.........

try Coilover...................

if need to then upgrade anti roll bar...

* tyres are important too....

cheers

Bro, what are the brands of  bar you have in mind. Kindly share

• Front ARB
  • Rear ARB
  • Side Fender bar
  • Strut bar

Coilover momentarily "No", have bad experience with coilover, HKS, TODA, SKunk, Ohlins, BC.

The noise cloak cloak drives me crazy. But i do have friend whom hasn't got any issues at all.

Tyres & rims, yes.

But still in the "progress of understanding the car" hahaaa

Reading up on what's the max offset, tire width etc etc and also looking for good lobang...... : )