• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Is there a way or any way to sound proof the engine sound? Ie totally no or minimum sound in the cabin?

I want to drive hard and fast with good fc and not getting caught!! Most importantly 0 to 100 below 2 sec, haha

• Like 2

Road noise and wind noise are usually louder than engine on the stock SLK.

No noise convertible motoring is only for Rolls Royce Drophead.

• Like 1

There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is suicide.

- Albert Camus

If road noise is an issue then should look into more comfort bias tyres and it will help such as Continental Premium Comfort 2, Goodyear EfficientGrip, Bridgestone GR90. If you on sporty tyres then only so much you can do to insulate. For me road noise is always greater than engine noise.. Haha

• Like 1

If road noise is an issue then should look into more comfort bias tyres and it will help such as Continental Premium Comfort 2, Goodyear EfficientGrip, Bridgestone GR90. If you on sporty tyres then only so much you can do to insulate. For me road noise is always greater than engine noise.. Haha

thanks for the advice.  :):) 

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

But u want no sound and sound proof car

wahahhaha...what the fish... it seems like for funeral .... 

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

same same but differnet haha 

Please enlighten me what are you trying to say

same same but differnet haha 

If you are not satisfy with your cabin noise and want to insulate further - try this place.

Sam Tan

Swift Motion Enterprises Pte. Ltd.

9 Kaki Bukit Road 1

Singapore 415938

9 Kaki Bukit Road 1SGSingapore415938
Tel: 6296 6330

I've seen S Class & Lexus there doing further "noise insulation" (not for sake of car audio)
Roof lining, engine compartment, doors, fire wall, etc.,
U can ask for before and after noise results using sound meter to measure the decibels.
Depending how much U wanna do and it can take as long as a week or more to complete a whole job.

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

whats the cost?? thanks .. :P

Go & ask for quotes!

I've no share in their business :)

Cheers

Boss firewall is what? Is it like the computer server firewall?

If you are not satisfy with your cabin noise and want to insulate further - try this place.

Sam Tan

Swift Motion Enterprises Pte. Ltd.

9 Kaki Bukit Road 1

Singapore 415938

9 Kaki Bukit Road 1SGSingapore415938
Tel: 6296 6330

I've seen S Class & Lexus there doing further "noise insulation" (not for sake of car audio)
Roof lining, engine compartment, doors, fire wall, etc.,
U can ask for before and after noise results using sound meter to measure the decibels.
Depending how much U wanna do and it can take as long as a week or more to complete a whole job.

Boss firewall is what? Is it like the computer server firewall?

That one prevent hacking & virus! :)

This one is the whole panel separating the engine compartment and the car cabin.

So engine catch fire, dun bbq the driver/passengers

mit_honda_civic_46_blog.jpg

Cheers

Hahaha understood liao...I goes blur what firewall? car need prevent ppl from hacking and virus ar?

Mmmm....BBQ human does not seem fun but BBQ chicken and BBQ Pork seems fun

That one prevent hacking & virus! :)

This one is the whole panel separating the engine compartment and the car cabin.

So engine catch fire, dun bbq the driver/passengers

mit_honda_civic_46_blog.jpg