• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Need thermostat change?

ling

Hi all

Gotta a question to ask the shifus here...

When I start the car, the aircon is at 24 degrees and it takes a very long time for the vehicle to get cold. Once I switch the temp to 22 degrees, it immediately turns cold. Does that mean that the thermostat needs changing? I just got this car last Friday and the dealer has a 6 month warranty period. Any idea how much would it cost? Any other advice is much appreciated! Thanks in advance! 

Try put it at auto mode at this mode the moment u crank yr car the blower will blow like no tml.

• Like 1

Got to see if your AC unit got enuff gas.....one easy way to check is to start engine, open bonnet, there is this indicator thingy that has a glass cover....when AC running if you see bubble inside, means not enuff gas.....

Spoon feeding teaches you nothing....but the shape of the spoon...

ok, thanks y'all! will try out the suggestions first...

today it only turned cold at 21 degrees  :phew:

btw, off topic a bit...all cars will come with a jack right? where is it normally at in the car? if there isit, i should get it from the dealer right?

btw, off topic a bit...all cars will come with a jack right? where is it normally at in the car? if there isit, i should get it from the dealer right?

Yes do you have a spare tyre too? If yes, u shld hv a car jack coz its bundle together with the spare tyre.

get air-con gas checked as big fat guy mentioned. maybe simply low on gas and top up is cheap cheap only.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi y'all

I got the dealer to send it to their workshop for me and they topped up the gas.. and he said the B200 models are like this? 

After topping up the gas, its slightly better lor...

For the jack, the dealer got it back from the previous owner  :goodjob: he said that the previous lady owner kept the jack in the storeroom at home!  :phew: thought it weird la...

so both stuff settled (I guess..)

thanks for the advice y'all!  :D

Thanks in advance!! Kopi O siew tai, dont stir but shake it.

• 5 weeks later...

Actually B class Aircon is very powerful n cold. I usually set it at 22 deg. However you need to set it to internal circulation whenever you start your ride and after every 20 mins. The air-con compressor is not located inside the engine compartment, it's located below the driver seat under the car. Is good to check your air con again after 3 months to see if there is any leak.

There is a compartment at the car boot for you to store the Jack.

For B class dun use back the original Spark plugs they have some small problem with mis-firing. Use iridium plugs.