• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

New here and need some input.. :)

Rex TT

I am planning to get E200 coupe.

However my wife is not in favor on that due to;

1) difficult to get in to the back of the seat as have to bend down to get in,

2) we are expecting our first child this coming may/june and it would be difficult to get the baby seat in and out.

So the next choice will be getting E200 however we both agree that it look old from the front. The dealer suggest that we change the front to look like the coupe version which going to cost some extra cash(I am fine with that).

However I am still incline more towards the coupe as it look more sporty and young. I am 25 this year by the way so I don't really want to get a "old" looking car.

Would really appreciate some input.

Thank you. 

Welcome! E200 coupe shld be good for now since yr heart say coupe. C class coupe will be an idea too if wouldnt mind the get in and out is a hassle. Why C coupe? Coz is a newer model, not a ah peh looking car and tons of mods and most importantly is so much cheaper than E class. Also this c coupe pack with most of the E class features too.

E class looks more classly and spacious too but is a old model coz the new model is incoming. Frankly i dont think this car looks old with the right mods you can turn this car into fast and furious looking car. Also advantage of an old model is that there are tons of bodykits and accessories for you to choose too.

I will go for E class if space is the key factor and as for the look, both cars can be zhng (modded)!! You didnt mentioned abt $$$ so i guess is not a key factor here :)

Can i suggest u get the E cabrio instead?? Top down will solve all yr concerns!!

• Like 1

I am talking from the point of a new father. For practicality sake, you shouldn't even think of any 2 doors car.

In fact, the M-class would make a better choice for ease of getting the baby in and out of the car. A sedan is certainly a good car for babies, just need to watch your back.

If you are getting the E sedan, remember to add the optional pano roof, the babies will love it. This is one option that I regretted not adding in.

• Like 1

I like 2 door cars, it is nice n good to hv, but i will only own it as a 2nd car, if can't afford to own 2 cars, then I will only get a 4 door cars. 2 doors car is not practical at all, even I dun hv a baby or children I will never buy it as my only car, when rain, front passengers n driver like urself hv to stand under d rain until rear passengers boarded n seated, not forgetting u r paying more money to get 2 doors lesser. In d end, I get to know tis forum n I mod my ah peh car to a more younger look car (not as perfect as E Coupe though), but very happy with it.

I like 2 door cars, it is nice n good to hv, but i will only own it as a 2nd car, if can't afford to own 2 cars, then I will only get a 4 door cars. 2 doors car is not practical at all, even I dun hv a baby or children I will never buy it as my only car, when rain, front passengers n driver like urself hv to stand under d rain until rear passengers boarded n seated, not forgetting u r paying more money to get 2 doors lesser. In d end, I get to know tis forum n I mod my ah peh car to a more younger look car (not as perfect as E Coupe though), but very happy with it.

Why leh? Buy car for yourself and not for passengers ma....but if you are going to have a baby, get the additional doors. The car is no longer for yourself, it's for the family.

You're dethpicable. 

Why leh? Buy car for yourself and not for passengers ma....but if you are going to have a baby, get the additional doors. The car is no longer for yourself, it's for the family.

Bro, I second your suggestion... 2 doors good.....4 doors bad....

Spoon feeding teaches you nothing....but the shape of the spoon...

You guys noticed that Miss Lim is selling a SLK 350 at below scrap price? Dunno what's she up to this time.....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Who is Miss Lim?

Haaa... Check out sg rampart. Tons of her postings. Not sure what are her motives. She is quit infamous for selling cars way below market rates. The last time I was selling my c coupe for $190k, she can advert one for only $160k. But from feedbacks, no one can get through the phone numbers given. Haaa... Looks like a con job to me. Maybe she wanted to spoilt the market rates then buy cars from others cheaply using her prices as a benchmark.

• Like 1

Haaa... Check out sg rampart. Tons of her postings. Not sure what are her motives. She is quit infamous for selling cars way below market rates. The last time I was selling my c coupe for $190k, she can advert one for only $160k. But from feedbacks, no one can get through the phone numbers given. Haaa... Looks like a con job to me. Maybe she wanted to spoilt the market rates then buy cars from others cheaply using her prices as a benchmark.

Em..your assumption of her motive seems logical thou....more like for personal gain....

if u really need the space.. especially with all the barang barang babies require, perhaps a wagon? with some aesthetic mods, wagons can look cool too (poison here http://carsroute.com/gwa-tuning-mercedes-e63-amg-wagon/gwa-tuning-mercedes-e63-amg-wagon-5/)

my previous car was a legacy gt wagon.. can almost anything swallow in.. 2-seater pram got no problems getting in/out with lots of space for other things.

my kids are older now.. we changed to a c180k (then my lau peh and lau bu wanna squeeze with us for weekly family dinner out :lol: )

Oi! I didnt say 4 doors is bad hor!

Married man must think with brain, not heart liao

Now my kids are still riding with me so... 4 doors good 2 doors bad....

When they are on their own.... 4 doors good...2 doors better...

Kekekekekekeke

I agreed with you... Kids young so must think with brain.....

Now my kids are still riding with me so... 4 doors good 2 doors bad....

When they are on their own.... 4 doors good...2 doors better...

Kekekekekekeke

I agreed with you... Kids young so must think with brain.....

If you were a single male, what car would you be driving today? 

But having family is a blessing. I'd gladly trade my slk in for a low-end sedan if i could sit a complete, happy family in there. :) 

• Like 1

If you were a single male, what car would you be driving today?

But having family is a blessing. I'd gladly trade my slk in for a low-end sedan if i could sit a complete, happy family in there. :)

If I am still single.... SLK... If got more $$ Ferrari.... Now contented with a C sedan...