• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

New B Class W246

Unimog

SE told me chrome package ce rebate 10k sport 5k but if engine spec same, what's the logic?

i don't know alot about car engines, but what i know is that the rebate level is based on your co2 emission, the different between chrome and sport is that chrome is single exhaust while sport is twin exhaust, so i guess the emission is higher for sport? I might be wrong thou..

Yeah heard from my SE on tuesday about the 5k rebate as well.

I give you 5, i take back 5... ? 

So the OMV for the chrome will be down by 10k?

From what i heard and understand, yes.

However you will still gain more from the rebate as you will not take back the complete OMV value when you scrap your car at 10 years.

• 2 weeks later...
hello all, 

is it just me or is the new B-class a bit on the noisier side during drive? any of you feel the same?

Yes it did sound noisier during the test drive. Especially so when dragging the gears on sports mode. The engine sounds like its whining. haha

Anyone changing to the B Class from a Stream ?

• 2 months later...

I have been driving the B200 for the last 5 months...yeah its noisy and am looking for sound proofing it. Hatchback cars have this issue but

this B class is a bit louder than others. Drive is nice although turbo kicks in late after moving off. So u feel like moving off there is not much

power unless u depress accelerator more. Recently tried speed at 180+ kph in KL highway. The car feels too light to go further as CG in rather

high. Havent got a chance or rather not sure how to use the auto-park function...haha. Its a nice car overall though with (-)s here and there. One more thing I forgot is for those getting the Chrome package, the seat leather is man-made. Mine too. Have u heard that real leather breathes??? I think its true cos the man-made one does not...haha. I mean I can perspire where-ever I am in contact with the leather even with the aircon in full blast...Any solutions from anyone....thx  

• 11 months later...

I have been driving the B200 for the last 5 months...yeah its noisy and am looking for sound proofing it. Hatchback cars have this issue but

this B class is a bit louder than others. Drive is nice although turbo kicks in late after moving off. So u feel like moving off there is not much

power unless u depress accelerator more. Recently tried speed at 180+ kph in KL highway. The car feels too light to go further as CG in rather

high. Havent got a chance or rather not sure how to use the auto-park function...haha. Its a nice car overall though with (-)s here and there. One more thing I forgot is for those getting the Chrome package, the seat leather is man-made. Mine too. Have u heard that real leather breathes??? I think its true cos the man-made one does not...haha. I mean I can perspire where-ever I am in contact with the leather even with the aircon in full blast...Any solutions from anyone....thx

Any b klass owners (w246) has upgraded their stock rims? Can post some pics for sharing? I intend to get aftermarket rims if possible. Thanks

I may be slow, but I'll see you in a bit - at the next traffic light.

Hi,

I just got my W246 B180 last week.  When close the "boot", instead of solid "oomp" sound, it has a loud rattling noise from the license plate like the plate hitting the car metal chasis.  Is this normal or C&C did not do a good join securing the license plate?  The license plate do secure tightly, but the 4 sides like floating.

Hi,

I just got my W246 B180 last week.  When close the "boot", instead of solid "oomp" sound, it has a loud rattling noise from the license plate like the plate hitting the car metal chasis.  Is this normal or C&C did not do a good join securing the license plate?  The license plate do secure tightly, but the 4 sides like floating.

Pry open the plate cover check the bolts is it secure? If yes, then add double side tape or sponge to fill up the gap at both end. By doing this its will cushion off the nos plate rattling sound.

• Like 3

Pry open the plate cover check the bolts is it secure? If yes, then add double side tape or sponge to fill up the gap at both end. By doing this its will cushion off the nos plate rattling sound.

Thanks.  I'll try to see if I can fix this.  If not, I'll send back to C&C and get them fix it.

Thanks.  I'll try to see if I can fix this.  If not, I'll send back to C&C and get them fix it.

Lol See & see wont mods for u!!

Hi <

I am new to this forum !i have a B200 ( oct 2012 ) and after nearly a year it started to give me problems, since oct 2013 it has been to the workshop about 4 to 5 times 

latest for a month , the problem i am having is when the car goes up a slope it will make a rattling sound under the carriage , 2 week ago they told me it was fixed and when 

i went over to collect my car , they couldn't start the engine and have to Jump start with a another battery pack.

When we went for test drive the original rattling wasn't there and there is a slight softer rattle sound left and now they are saying it is normal for the B200 , tomorrow i am 

going to hear their BS and suppose to collect my car ! would like to know anyone of you have these experiences with your B200 , appreciate your replies.