• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

New B Class W246

Unimog

Hi <

I am new to this forum !i have a B200 ( oct 2012 ) and after nearly a year it started to give me problems, since oct 2013 it has been to the workshop about 4 to 5 times 

latest for a month , the problem i am having is when the car goes up a slope it will make a rattling sound under the carriage , 2 week ago they told me it was fixed and when 

i went over to collect my car , they couldn't start the engine and have to Jump start with a another battery pack.

When we went for test drive the original rattling wasn't there and there is a slight softer rattle sound left and now they are saying it is normal for the B200 , tomorrow i am 

going to hear their BS and suppose to collect my car ! would like to know anyone of you have these experiences with your B200 , appreciate your replies.

Hey bro my B200 also like that, like loss power. I think there is delay of changing gear~

Hi <

I am new to this forum !i have a B200 ( oct 2012 ) and after nearly a year it started to give me problems, since oct 2013 it has been to the workshop about 4 to 5 times 

latest for a month , the problem i am having is when the car goes up a slope it will make a rattling sound under the carriage , 2 week ago they told me it was fixed and when 

i went over to collect my car , they couldn't start the engine and have to Jump start with a another battery pack.

When we went for test drive the original rattling wasn't there and there is a slight softer rattle sound left and now they are saying it is normal for the B200 , tomorrow i am 

going to hear their BS and suppose to collect my car ! would like to know anyone of you have these experiences with your B200 , appreciate your replies.

Sorry to hear your B is giving you problems :( 

I collected mine on Feb 2013. So far its been alright. Fingers crossed.

Is your rattling like engine knocking? 

The rattling sound is sometime called Pinking ! like when there is a  change of gear and the car is like dragging! i got my car back and had the Head of customer service went for a test drive.

So far so good with the car ! still trying to look out for any other sound ! He is prepared to extend the warranty to 5 years or 100,000 KM .

The Eco start is working very well now ! before this the Eco start does work but it took about 5 to 10 mins to turn on ! i told them it is a bit slow and the answer is , it is normal !

which i doubted it ! now it is finally fixed it should come on in less than a min .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Goodyear excellence tires are excellent for b class w246. Very quiet and stable.

the 16 inch rims and tires not so stable making the car like floating in the road.. most recommend is 17, 18inch will offset, is the best for the car.

the 16 inch rims and tires not so stable making the car like floating in the road.. most recommend is 17, 18inch will offset, is the best for the car.

Bro you changed yours?

I may be slow, but I'll see you in a bit - at the next traffic light.

• 4 months later...

Bro .. wat rim u hv changed to ?

Any idea whats a good set up ?

No need kup corner fierce fierce type.

Balanced performance, not too floaty no nose dive

Lowered + 17 ?

Or lowered + 18?

Springs eibach plus stocks or KW or Bilstein coilover ?

But sometime no put on try can't tell .. put on dun like then liao lui lor