• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

MY CAR CANNOT START

Westlake

It will happen as long as it is a Pre FL W204, whether keyless or not.  Read somewhere in this thread that this could be a manufacturing defect.  Anyway I got mine fixed by CnC under warranty, and now it comes with a further 2-year warranty on this replaced part.  Bro Madmack, pls share with us the problem with your ride after your appointment with CnC.  Thanks.

Hi All,

A quick update on the situation of my ride.

Sent in the car this morning to C&C and related my situation in detail to the SA serving me.

The conclusion drawn by the SA after my brief was a faulty fuel pump.

I was quoted a repair/replacement fee of 1.7-1.8k. I was left searching for my lower jaw on the floor upon hearing the exhorbitant cost!

Unfortunately, found out today my warranty has already expired last month and as such, this repair won't be covered.

Have not gone ahead with the repair as the downtime will be 2 days and I need the car.

In the meantime, will be sourcing for my own spare part and get it fixed on my own.

Wonder if there's any reliable workshop that does this repair?

Appreciate all advise.

Cheers!

Faulty Fuel pump....

Or Faulty Fuel Filter?

there is difference....

Fuel filter cost 140 and fuel pump cost 800 and up...depends on models

Hi All,

A quick update on the situation of my ride.

Sent in the car this morning to C&C and related my situation in detail to the SA serving me.

The conclusion drawn by the SA after my brief was a faulty fuel pump.

I was quoted a repair/replacement fee of 1.7-1.8k. I was left searching for my lower jaw on the floor upon hearing the exhorbitant cost!

Unfortunately, found out today my warranty has already expired last month and as such, this repair won't be covered.

Have not gone ahead with the repair as the downtime will be 2 days and I need the car.

In the meantime, will be sourcing for my own spare part and get it fixed on my own.

Wonder if there's any reliable workshop that does this repair?

Appreciate all advise.

Cheers!

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Hi Solar, there is no way you can pre-empt this as there are no signs or symptom of its impending failure.  To claim warranty repair, the part must be defective ie the car must be tow back to CnC.  Otherwise, you can go ahead and change it at own cost.  To bro Madmack, you may try a reliable workshop that I have gone to for servicing.  It is Chip Soon Auto, look for Jason.  It is near Safra Tampines.  Charges are reasonable.  I have gone there to change engine oil and auto transmission fluid for under S$400. Share your experience after you have your fuel pump replaced.

Bro may I know which petrol brand u are using? Heard certain petrol will cause fuel pump failure. Just to prove is true or not.

Hi tolchi,

Ever since I bot this car, I pump at my usual station, which is Esso. 98R.

Mine was the classic engine cannot crank, totally dead, no sound, no picture, no lights. Towed the car to Sin Ming, AA approved workshop which specializes in Merc and most conti cars. Told me ignition system konked out, need to change. Quoted S$3k........ how ah?

• 1 year later...

Today in Aeon a similar issue hit me.. exactly the same symptom.

However I took out the key and reinserted again, and it worked.

So far the posts I read did not mention whether the bros were able to start again, but I managed to.

My issue isn't the Green key issue? *sweat*

after taking out key... did u lock door and let ecu reset before trying again?

No.. didn't think of that or gone that stage yet...

Only took out the key then insert again. Then it was ok.

Might be a sign now if it's really green key issue.

I'm now worried next time even this won't work and left stranded somewhere in Malaysia..

• Like 1

I don't think it is green key issue, which comes without warning.  Maybe it is just the electronics, or your key.  My car had the green key problem some 2 years ago and I could not even start.  Tried rocking the steering wheel as someone in this forum suggest, but nothing works.  Finally it was tow to CnC and rectified under pre-own warranty.    Since then, no problem.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Today in Aeon a similar issue hit me.. exactly the same symptom.

However I took out the key and reinserted again, and it worked.

So far the posts I read did not mention whether the bros were able to start again, but I managed to.

My issue isn't the Green key issue? *sweat*

I have this issue this morning too... insert key.. cant start... i removed it.. have the click sound then insert.. it starts again... happened to me 8 days ago and today...wonder what is it

mine is 2009 c180, i went to cnc, the sa tell me can be the insert key that part faulty too...its all up to me to change the steering lock if i want to.

now i am thinking....he did mentioned to me, if its steering lock faulty, there will be fault code, anyone can confirm? i feel he trying to tiger me