• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

SBC Fault

VBlaster_W211

After changing the faulty SBC pump unit, now a more serious warning red msg came on "Reduced braking distance".

Have to tow the car in. Sick of lousy Mercedes quality. Really disappointed with the multitudes of small to serious problems over 8 yrs of owning the W211.

Next car change is likely to be Lexus GS 350.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After changing the faulty SBC pump unit, now a more serious warning red msg came on "Reduced braking distance".

Have to tow the car in. Sick of lousy Mercedes quality. Really disappointed with the multitudes of small to serious problems over 8 yrs of owning the W211.

Next car change is likely to be Lexus GS 350.

U old bird lah!

U should know what do to....hehehe! :)

Nice to see U still aound and best of all kpkb!!!!.....:lol:

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

• 2 weeks later...

U old bird lah!

U should know what do to....hehehe! :)

Nice to see U still aound and best of all kpkb!!!!..... :lol:

To All the old birds and SIFUs

My car 2005 E200ML gives this error " service brake, visit workshop " I did went to w/s to change the front brake pads but

the error code is still being displayed. Is this the famous SBC problems ?

To All the old birds and SIFUs

My car 2005 E200ML gives this error " service brake, visit workshop " I did went to w/s to change the front brake pads but

the error code is still being displayed. Is this the famous SBC problems ?

Better drop by our site sponsor MBM to take a look!

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

• 2 months later...

Mine now also show the same error .has to be the SBC not working liao.. anyway I think C&C should fix for us free . BTW my car is 6.5 years old and A/C compressor just spoilt cost me $1100+ #%$@%%$^@&*. all the problems starts to come with old MERC I guess.. most scared is the gearbox problem I believe coming next

Mine now also show the same error .has to be the SBC not working liao.. anyway I think C&C should fix for us free . BTW my car is 6.5 years old and A/C compressor just spoilt cost me $1100+ #%$@%%$^@&*. all the problems starts to come with old MERC I guess.. most scared is the gearbox problem I believe coming next

Can you share what is the mileage of your ride ?

Full service history with C&C ?

Can you share what is the mileage of your ride ?

Full service history with C&C ?

Mileage is about 119,000KM and I own it from day 1 . I only service with C&C until 3 years and yes confirm SBC fault C&C would have to fix for us. yesterday my coolant leak , need to replace the fibre hose ... no choice wear and tear. 

• 2 weeks later...

BTW , I went to let mechanic check the Coolant hose and mechanic pointed out to me on the left side of the car i.e. with bonnet open on the left you facing it .I saw the sign of coolant leaking ...greenish liquid stain  form on the left side aluminium/steel tray  . It is the hardening of the hose can break anytime and engine can go overhead.. have to change next week.

BTW , I went to let mechanic check the Coolant hose and mechanic pointed out to me on the left side of the car i.e. with bonnet open on the left you facing it .I saw the sign of coolant leaking ...greenish liquid stain  form on the left side aluminium/steel tray  . It is the hardening of the hose can break anytime and engine can go overhead.. have to change next week.

Fixed your SBC already ?

• 1 year later...

Not yet travelling this few weeks , maybe in March

2005 W211 E-class, mileage at 118K

I got this message on my display this morning, Service brake- visit workshop.

Sent my car down to my regular independent workshop, diagnostic Indicates few error codes related to the infamous SBC pump issue.

Will need to check with C&C next week if covered under warranty, or have to fork out 2K plus to get it resolved.

• 2 years later...

2005 W211 E-class, mileage at 118K

I got this message on my display this morning, Service brake- visit workshop.

Sent my car down to my regular independent workshop, diagnostic Indicates few error codes related to the infamous SBC pump issue.

Will need to check with C&C next week if covered under warranty, or have to fork out 2K plus to get it resolved.

Bro, Have you replaced the brake? C&C agreed to cover the cost?

2006 W211 MERCEDES E200NGT