• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Air circulation function

paralleluni

Hi all, 

previously owned a CLA and upon pressin the air circulation button, the air circulation would last 30mins before I have to press it once more.

Just got the W205 for a week and the air circulation function sometimes last only 5 to 10mins before auto off. Then sometimes, it would last 20 odd mins.

the air circulation time is way lesser than my previous ride.

anyone else facing the same issue? Appreciate any advice from the bros here. Thanks

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, paralleluni said:

Hi all, 

previously owned a CLA and upon pressin the air circulation button, the air circulation would last 30mins before I have to press it once more.

Just got the W205 for a week and the air circulation function sometimes last only 5 to 10mins before auto off. Then sometimes, it would last 20 odd mins.

the air circulation time is way lesser than my previous ride.

anyone else facing the same issue? Appreciate any advice from the bros here. Thanks

Dun face this issue. But my auto start stop is turn off all the time. 

Bought back to cycle & carriage and service agent tested the car but informed that through their computer test, the car is working fine. On their test, the car was able to have air circulation up to 20mins.

told them that when I drove, sometimes only 5 to 10mins, I was then advised to video this and send it to my agent ☹️

Dont feel like going to C&C to waste my time again. Elebest mentioned that they do not have programming code to turn on air circulation permanently.

any brothers here encounter this issue and went to a outside workshop and have it solved? Await any bro advice, thx

4 hours ago, petetherock said:

I don't know sir ..

i actually don't mind the fresh air. The filter is so effective that I don't usually smell anything. 

Breathing in recirculate air isn't a good idea. 

Fresh air in Singapore...?? 👏😂👏😂

u always drive at Mount Faber or Lim Chu Kang? I like ur sense of humour 😄

Went to c&c on this topic, air recirculation depends on cabin temperature. They say new sw did not allow them to extend the duration of air recirculation for us. 

Will try to flip the mechanical vent to normally recirculating when warantee expire:)

On 4/2/2018 at 6:49 PM, schoz said:

Went to c&c on this topic, air recirculation depends on cabin temperature. They say new sw did not allow them to extend the duration of air recirculation for us. 

Will try to flip the mechanical vent to normally recirculating when warantee expire:)

In that case, did they give any suggestions? I.e set the air con to 18 degrees so the re-circulation stays on for 30 mins?

Not loving my W205's re-circulation either. Only lasts for 5-20 mins before turning itself off. 

On 04/04/2018 at 1:05 PM, SQ88 said:

In that case, did they give any suggestions? I.e set the air con to 18 degrees so the re-circulation stays on for 30 mins?

Not loving my W205's re-circulation either. Only lasts for 5-20 mins before turning itself off. 

No suggestions. Top service from C&C. Ask me to record video of short duration of air circulation to prove to them 😂 thumbs up. Agent know about my problem but no follow up from him. Guess as much. Car already purchased service go down. 

On 4/5/2018 at 9:53 PM, paralleluni said:

No suggestions. Top service from C&C. Ask me to record video of short duration of air circulation to prove to them 😂 thumbs up. Agent know about my problem but no follow up from him. Guess as much. Car already purchased service go down. 

I will record a video to prove to them before I send in my car for this issue. Will update here on what they say when confronted with video evidence. Nothing to do on a Sunday anyway. 

1 hour ago, SQ88 said:

I will record a video to prove to them before I send in my car for this issue. Will update here on what they say when confronted with video evidence. Nothing to do on a Sunday anyway. 

Likely they will say ok we upgrade the software for u. Make you go back and find that it doesn’t improve but to busy to send it back.  Just kidding 

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to send my car in for a list of warranty issues, including the air recirculation function. The SA agrees that it should stay for 30 minutes as long as the outside temperature is sufficiently hot (the manual states more than 5 degrees C). He will be reflashing the software when I send in my car in June. Hope the issue goes away then.