Duraace

Feedback on Racechip GTS

14 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Wonder if anyone here tried the latest racechip gts piggyback on their FL W204? Care to share your feedback on the power gain and reliability?

I see that there are alot of older units on sale and some barely used for months. So just wondering if its a worthwhile investment.

I have decided against custom tune as it usually entail upgrading other components to squeeze out more ponies from the system. 

So far, i have changed my air filter to bmc drop in and also included dte pedal box to improve the throttle response. Im happy with the setup but hope to get a piggyback that can bring abit more punch to my c200.

Appreciate your advice/ sharing. Thank you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

been using racechip ultimate for years on W204.. still enjoying it.. fuel consumption reduced too :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thx giggss..

Going to install tmr.. Hopefully it live up to my expectations.. ;)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi archtomato,

Are you on brabus tune? Not too sure if it is applicable to my humble ride. My impression was brabus were mainly for merc higher end sports range..

Anwyay, i just installed the rc gts piggyback this afternoon. With setting set at "5" (min is "0" while max is "7"), pickup and acceleration feels much more alive than before. Pretty satisfied with the results so far. Will continue to monitor and try out different settings. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Duraace said:

Hi archtomato,

Are you on brabus tune? Not too sure if it is applicable to my humble ride. My impression was brabus were mainly for merc higher end sports range..

Anwyay, i just installed the rc gts piggyback this afternoon. With setting set at "5" (min is "0" while max is "7"), pickup and acceleration feels much more alive than before. Pretty satisfied with the results so far. Will continue to monitor and try out different settings. ;)

Sounds gd. Yeah I just got my brabus chip done today. Can feel the power ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 0:02 AM, Duraace said:

Hi archtomato,

Are you on brabus tune? Not too sure if it is applicable to my humble ride. My impression was brabus were mainly for merc higher end sports range..

Anwyay, i just installed the rc gts piggyback this afternoon. With setting set at "5" (min is "0" while max is "7"), pickup and acceleration feels much more alive than before. Pretty satisfied with the results so far. Will continue to monitor and try out different settings. ;)

Hi Durrace, how is your GTS so far? worth it? Can feel a lot differences? I'm thinking of getting 1 for my W205.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi DL268, 

So far, pretty happy with purchase. Pick up and acceleration improved quite abit. Gear change v smooth and linear. Im on setting"6". So far no check light or any issues.

I posted my detailed review on the dealer's FB page. If u keen, let me know, i can direct u to the dealer's FB page privately. Not too sure if it ok to post here.

Disclaimer: i hv no affliation with the brand or its dealer. Just sharing my experience as a user.

cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2018 at 5:29 PM, Duraace said:

Hi DL268, 

So far, pretty happy with purchase. Pick up and acceleration improved quite abit. Gear change v smooth and linear. Im on setting"6". So far no check light or any issues.

I posted my detailed review on the dealer's FB page. If u keen, let me know, i can direct u to the dealer's FB page privately. Not too sure if it ok to post here.

Disclaimer: i hv no affliation with the brand or its dealer. Just sharing my experience as a user.

cheers

Wow... seem like the GTS really works well. Do share with me the dealer's FB page, i'm still considering between Racechip GTS and Brabus 18.2, more feedback will definitely helps me to made up my mind. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually what racechip does to the car? I always wonder if they are simply just new electronic refinement to the ECU causing the car burn fuel more efficiently, boosting fuel pressure etc, why don't Mercedes Benz optimize all these at the very first place? Would our existing hardware be able to withstand the higher fuel pressure etc with leaks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Babolat said:

Actually what racechip does to the car? I always wonder if they are simply just new electronic refinement to the ECU causing the car burn fuel more efficiently, boosting fuel pressure etc, why don't Mercedes Benz optimize all these at the very first place? Would our existing hardware be able to withstand the higher fuel pressure etc with leaks?

Yes. It adjust the ECU to higher settings. MB use ECU to set the level of the car. Example c180 vs c200 if both use same hardware. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2019 at 4:36 PM, darksaint said:

Yes. It adjust the ECU to higher settings. MB use ECU to set the level of the car. Example c180 vs c200 if both use same hardware. 

I believe the 2016-2017 W205, C200 and C250 are on 2L engine.So it's like C250 is on a tuned up ECU but operating hardware are all the same? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Babolat said:

I believe the 2016-2017 W205, C200 and C250 are on 2L engine.So it's like C250 is on a tuned up ECU but operating hardware are all the same? 

Yup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now