• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W204 FL engine and gearbox mounting

YingJie

Hi all. 

Can anybody confirm with me in total how many engine mount and gearbox mounting does W204 have ah? Is C180 should you require. 

I was told differently by different workshops. So decided to check with you all first. 

Assume A and B and C and D

Workshop A say got 3 engine mount and 1 gearbox mount. 

Workshop B say got 3 engine mount and 2 gearbox mount. 

Workshop C say got 2 engine mount and 2 gearbox mount. 

Workshop D say got 2 engine mount and 1 gearbox mount.

All of them making me confuse. Anybody can help to confirm with me each mount got how many? 

Many thanks! 😁

Edit: workshop D said 2 engine mount instead of 3 as per A says. 

Hi Little solver,

How do we know the GB mount is heavy duty or normal type? what I go to buy from stockist, normally the shop will ask, want original merc or OEM, eg lemfoerder?

Which brand/type is consider as Heavy duty

Thanks

12 hours ago, BluBlur said:

Can ask where you guys did your change of mounting? Contemplating a change, my mileage is close to 80k now.

C&C quoted me $1000 during service clinic.

Hi I am having mine done at MBM.  c&c quoted me SGD1,200 for Engine and Gearbox mount.  MBM quote much less and you can talk to Chloe.

Btw when should we replace this? I was also told by c&c to replace tumble flap for intake manifold - $3500 (c&c price) and a whole long list of other parts. 

These are still functioning but replacement is recommeneded due to wear and tear :(  Total damage if I fix at c&c is well above SGD11k

I am doing these at MBM.  My vehicle mileage is close to 80k km.  So when do we usually replace these items? Or can we wait abit longer?

Tks for the guidance bros.

On 12/10/2016 at 9:23 AM, catfish said:

Hi Little solver,

How do we know the GB mount is heavy duty or normal type? what I go to buy from stockist, normally the shop will ask, want original merc or OEM, eg lemfoerder?

Which brand/type is consider as Heavy duty

Thanks

Original and lemfoerder both have normal and heavy duty type.

normal GB mount and the heavy duty type is different part number.

• 2 months later...

Do replace both engine mounting and 1 x gear mounting when u feel the vibration. I left it thinking wont hurt much until I replaced it recently paying not just on the mounting but also the arm that holds the engine mounting as well. Total damage <$1.5k instead of below $900 at a workshop.

Don't recommend C&C as these are wear n tear.

• 3 months later...
On 21/12/2016 at 9:47 PM, Ripper said:

Do replace both engine mounting and 1 x gear mounting when u feel the vibration. I left it thinking wont hurt much until I replaced it recently paying not just on the mounting but also the arm that holds the engine mounting as well. Total damage <$1.5k instead of below $900 at a workshop.

Don't recommend C&C as these are wear n tear.

Hi bro can I know what kind of vibrations? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 07/04/2017 at 11:59 PM, Ripper said:

Normally when engine starts you won't feel vibration on your steering wheel. But when you feel it better have it check especially if your ride is more than 3 yr.

Thanks bro.. my FL is coming 5 years and I'm thinking all sorts of problems will come due to wear and tear. 

Finally changed out 2x engine and 1x GB mounting last week on my 7G. the middle section of the engine mounts is completely sunk in, refer to picture.

Symptom is vibration on the steering wheel. When the aircon is turned on, the vibration is stronger.

IMG_6337.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...