• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

full tint or not

THEWHO

If you want peace of mind, do LTA compliant.

If you want asthetics, you know what to do.  :lol:

There is another option. There is a double layering concept to improve heat/UV rejection. Hearsay those who have done it, claims it is effective. In this concept, you can do light tinting, be LTA compliant and yet achieve better cooling. Need to check with the various installers if they would do it and also your visibility remains clear.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

if you're keeping the car stock i'd think doing a full tint should be quite ok. most of my cars are stock except dark tint and i haven't been stopped yet.. *knock on wood* most cases i just wind down the windows if i spot them first.

however, if you have carbon bits, black/chrome rims, etc.. then better not. else you sure confirm + chop pay the $70 fine.

previous ride, stopped once (drove for 6 years)..... so really touch wood.

another thing is, installer charging 250 extra for full tint (meaning front 2 windows same tone as rear 2 windows)

huber optik that is - is this rip off ? please advise.

• 2 weeks later...
Get caught only $70.... Quite worth it actually.

$70 bucks is the fine but you still have to remove it?

I got caught 2 times liao, i give up. 

1 time TP pull over, second time kena love letter.

Both times i have to remove tint, drive in LTA and then come back re apply.

Total damage each time is close is mid-high $400.

If you want to tint, set aside 1k per annum just in case, LTA very on the ball these days. If you get caught once, still got some kopi money left, if you don't get caught, you obviously only drive your car at night!  :D

$70 bucks is the fine but you still have to remove it?

I got caught 2 times liao, i give up. 

1 time TP pull over, second time kena love letter.

Both times i have to remove tint, drive in LTA and then come back re apply.

Total damage each time is close is mid-high $400.

If you want to tint, set aside 1k per annum just in case, LTA very on the ball these days. If you get caught once, still got some kopi money left, if you don't get caught, you obviously only drive your car at night!  :D

Usually TP dont bother you about tinting. I had stopped beside TP with total black tint. They dont even bother.

I mean, touch wood la... I've seen so many cars with full tint... So far, kenna twice in 10 years. Both times wait for letter and pay only.