• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Maintenance cost of E200 (W211)

fookie

Hi Bros

I am currently looking at E200(2nd hand), switching from Japanese rides. I am concern about high cost of upkeeping and periodic maintenance/servicing (spare parts and other stuff). Can you please advise what kind of cost brackets I will be looking at asuming I am clocking 20,000 km annually and mostly city driving.

Thank you

hi mate, which series are you looking at ?

W211 (Previous E class)

W212 (Current E class)

Umm, honestly for your maintenance/servicing costs, it all depends on what type of used car you end up with. Start with a poorly kept platform and you'll end up having to replace a whole bunch of parts.

hi mate, which series are you looking at ?

W211 (Previous E class)

W212 (Current E class)

Umm, honestly for your maintenance/servicing costs, it all depends on what type of used car you end up with. Start with a poorly kept platform and you'll end up having to replace a whole bunch of parts.

Fully agreed.

Also, which Japanese ride are you comparing to ?

Currently driving Honda Stream. Looking at W211

My concern is the cost of replacement part and major servicing like 60k km.

I agree on the current condition that is why I plan to get from Republic which come with 1 year warranty and lower mileage with records

The warranty is only good for major failures and not for wear and tear components. My e200 came with warranty but could not use it to replace engine and transmission mounts which cost me $500+ or cam sensor seal which cost me $400+. Rear brakes and disc also $500+.

So since buying my car a few months ago, I've spent close to $2000 including servicing and the car runs great now.

Agree it all depends on the state of your car to begin with. These cars lasts forever as long as wear and tear parts changed and repairs done when required.

However, remember jap cars usually cheaper to maintain. If cost is a major concern then look for a good low mileage car or stick to jap cars.

The warranty is only good for major failures and not for wear and tear components. My e200 came with warranty but could not use it to replace engine and transmission mounts which cost me $500+ or cam sensor seal which cost me $400+. Rear brakes and disc also $500+.

So since buying my car a few months ago, I've spent close to $2000 including servicing and the car runs great now.

Agree it all depends on the state of your car to begin with. These cars lasts forever as long as wear and tear parts changed and repairs done when required.

However, remember jap cars usually cheaper to maintain. If cost is a major concern then look for a good low mileage car or stick to jap cars.

What was your milage when you got it and where did you purchase from? Did you replace those parts at AD workshop?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I bought a second hand C200 and now driving a second hand E200k. Both are equally reliable and cost effective in my opinion. The servicing cost is like a regular car. In fact a friend of mine changed his engine mounting on his stream for $800 while I just changed mine for around $400+. So, in all, I feel its a good drive.

I bought a second hand C200 and now driving a second hand E200k. Both are equally reliable and cost effective in my opinion. The servicing cost is like a regular car. In fact a friend of mine changed his engine mounting on his stream for $800 while I just changed mine for around $400+. So, in all, I feel its a good drive.

From C200 to E200, can you share your experience what are the drive differences ?

The C200ML (Sports edition) was a superb drive. Very responsive and cornering is also very stable (Could be that nice set of staggered rims). However, the internal and boot space is relatively smaller partly due to the rear wheel drive shaft passing thru the middle of the car.

With a new family member coming online, I decided to get either the S or E class. The S class is the mother ship - Lotsa Space and options to drive!!! However, it spotted issues with Airmatics, suction doors, keyless door, etc luxury features which requires frequent maintainance. So I opt for the relatively easily managed E200k.

Just got my E200k. Between the C200ML and the E200k, the drive is definitely much quieter. I've got to do up my shocks in two weeks time then I can have a better feel. However, I suspect the cornering and steering will probably be similar towards the C200ML. Power wise, the E200k (FL) model packs higher HP, naturally packs a punch! Finally, for space E 200 had bigger leg clearances for the 2nd row which was what I wanted. Also, the E class booth can hold like 2 baby chairs + a pram easily. So for work and family requirements, its a good to go.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

The C200ML (Sports edition) was a superb drive. Very responsive and cornering is also very stable (Could be that nice set of staggered rims). However, the internal and boot space is relatively smaller partly due to the rear wheel drive shaft passing thru the middle of the car.

With a new family member coming online, I decided to get either the S or E class. The S class is the mother ship - Lotsa Space and options to drive!!! However, it spotted issues with Airmatics, suction doors, keyless door, etc luxury features which requires frequent maintainance. So I opt for the relatively easily managed E200k.

Just got my E200k. Between the C200ML and the E200k, the drive is definitely much quieter. I've got to do up my shocks in two weeks time then I can have a better feel. However, I suspect the cornering and steering will probably be similar towards the C200ML. Power wise, the E200k (FL) model packs higher HP, naturally packs a punch! Finally, for space E 200 had bigger leg clearances for the 2nd row which was what I wanted. Also, the E class booth can hold like 2 baby chairs + a pram easily. So for work and family requirements, its a good to go.

Hope this helps.

Wise Choice on E :)

I change from Subaru exiga gt to e250 w212 3 weeks ago. Have been asking some stocklist on wear and tear parts eg. Dampers, rotors, brake pads and engine mounting. Damned its like much cheaper than my Subaru. That's quite shocking man.

Proton Wira, Hyundai Matrix, Nissan Cefiro, Subaru Exiga GT, Mercedes E250 CGI

I change from Subaru exiga gt to e250 w212 3 weeks ago. Have been asking some stocklist on wear and tear parts eg. Dampers, rotors, brake pads and engine mounting. Damned its like much cheaper than my Subaru. That's quite shocking man.

• Like 1

Proton Wira, Hyundai Matrix, Nissan Cefiro, Subaru Exiga GT, Mercedes E250 CGI

• 5 months later...

Haaa.....I drive a S 280 (W220) and for the past 7.5yrs has not did anything on suction doors, keyless door but Airmatic but now CnC has a repair kit for that which will bring the repair cost down....

Hope this helps.

bro lets say if u are clocking 60,000km/ year we are talking of a maintenance cost of around $2,000-$6,000 a year. and that is the price for My S class as long no major wear and tear eg, airmatic which is a real bomb for a new one $1,800 for original parts outside and with labour included. 

Hi Achangel,

I'm also concerned with long term servicing and maintenance costs and need to budget properly. Would you mind sharing the prices you got for your stock list and where you got them from?

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Bro is that on original Mercedes Parts or 3rd party parts?

I know 3rd party parts are very cheap....its around 1/4 of the price of original

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.