• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Blackvue Camera Warranty Issue

Hi Bros here... I'm new here and I dont know if this topic was raised before. Hence pls enlighten me with the link if it was discussed previously, sincerely appreciates your help.

I wanted to install the Blackvue Camera in my C180, but am worried if C&C will pick on this and void the warranty? I understand that the wires are tap onto the cashcard reader... Anyone has similar issue ?

Cheers!

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile

:D

I've 2 Blackvue DR400G HD DVR - 1 front & 1 rear.

My installer dun tap power from the cash card reader.

Why would CnC wanna void your car warranty for? :)

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

I've 2 Blackvue DR400G HD DVR - 1 front & 1 rear.

My installer dun tap power from the cash card reader.

Why would CnC wanna void your car warranty for? :)

thanks for the advice... mind sharing how was the power tapped from your ride ?

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile

It was not from the cash card reader!

It was tapped from a power source below the dash on the driver side.

The initial installation was done by Foon Audio and they has to run the power from the front to the rear DVR.

When I decided to take out the Powermagic module from the front DVR, I got AutoSpritze to do it for me.

Cheers

It was not from the cash card reader!

It was tapped from a power source below the dash on the driver side.

The initial installation was done by Foon Audio and they has to run the power from the front to the rear DVR.

When I decided to take out the Powermagic module from the front DVR, I got AutoSpritze to do it for me.

Thanks bro... I will check with the installer again... cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

The power source below the dash should be the same as tapping the IU power. Fuse box.

Wrong....if tapped from IU, then the current is always running. IU works even when key is out of ignition. Batt will expire faster. It's best to tap from the cig lighter wire.

Any workshop guys worth his salt will know where to tap the power supply to the DVR! :)

Cheers

Advise is from the SE. I suggest you whoever is doing this should save a copy from CnC that the installation will not void the warranty. As for me, I have been warned and I still have the sms in my phone so not worth taking the risk. Good luck.

My cnc se told me to go to a car accessory shop (recommanded by him and he told me proved by cnc) to conseal the portable gps wire for free. Though is free, i pay a $50 to buy a double head socket instead of using their single head socket and ask them to connect my blackvue (which i bought from somewhere) power in one of the socket. Like that if they void my warranty, I'll sure let their table broken into two.

My cnc se told me to go to a car accessory shop (recommanded by him and he told me proved by cnc) to conseal the portable gps wire for free. Though is free, i pay a $50 to buy a double head socket instead of using their single head socket and ask them to connect my blackvue (which i bought from somewhere) power in one of the socket. Like that if they void my warranty, I'll sure let their table broken into two.

SE didn't put it in B & W!

SE no more working at C n C

U & SE are Facebook frens 朋友 朋友 like NsPark.

C n C table made of steel......hehehe! :)

I retrofitted my COMAND when my ride was 2 days old

I changed my steering wheel & fitted lighted door sills on day 3

By day 4 all internal bulbs to white LEDs and change the original Xenon D1S to 6000k

2nd week wanted to retrofit original MB Rear Seats Entertainment - Customer Service told me my car cannot be fitted - Sent regards to his parents. Came back said can and wanted to charge me $9000 for the retrofit - Sent regars again - CnC Tech Manager apologized said sorry - wrong price quoted :)

3 weeks old - installed 2 Blackvue DR400 and installed SB.

2 months old added JBL MS-8 to the sound system

My current ride is 1 year old & I send my car to CnC every 6 months for servicing.

No comments or threats from CnC about warranty during the last 2 servicings.

Last 8 years 4 MB rides - aesthetics, audio, paddle shifts, brakes & power mods I did!

All rides were serviced by CnC! No special assigned SA - pot luck & no Facebook fren with SAs :)

Never had any threats of void warranty except 1 occasion a reminder from them that they will not be responsible for CEL appear due to my piggy back.

As most said "Mod dun scare! Scare dun mod!" :)

• Like 1

Cheers

Well said! Totally agreed!

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

SE didn't put it in B & W!

SE no more working at C n C

U & SE are Facebook frens 朋友 朋友 like NsPark.

C n C table made of steel......hehehe! :)

I retrofitted my COMAND when my ride was 2 days old

I changed my steering wheel & fitted lighted door sills on day 3

By day 4 all internal bulbs to white LEDs and change the original Xenon D1S to 6000k

2nd week wanted to retrofit original MB Rear Seats Entertainment - Customer Service told me my car cannot be fitted - Sent regards to his parents. Came back said can and wanted to charge me $9000 for the retrofit - Sent regars again - CnC Tech Manager apologized said sorry - wrong price quoted :)

3 weeks old - installed 2 Blackvue DR400 and installed SB.

2 months old added JBL MS-8 to the sound system

My current ride is 1 year old & I send my car to CnC every 6 months for servicing.

No comments or threats from CnC about warranty during the last 2 servicings.

Last 8 years 4 MB rides - aesthetics, audio, paddle shifts, brakes & power mods I did!

All rides were serviced by CnC! No special assigned SA - pot luck & no Facebook fren with SAs :)

Never had any threats of void warranty except 1 occasion a reminder from them that they will not be responsible for CEL appear due to my piggy back.

As most said "Mod dun scare! Scare dun mod!" :)

Totally agreed too!

Agreed too - "Mod dun scare" Scare like me then dun mod. Why do I want to pay another 20k to CnC for their car if I want to void their warranty. Might as well buy from PI amd use the money to buy me another watch. :)

Unker JBL Ms-8 roughly how much?

I will install all my ICE and BlackVue.Let them try to void. I wifey works for Daimler... their steel table I make sure will melt ha ha.

JBL MS-8 around $1200 or less inclusive of installation.

AutoSpritze does it for me!

If U want to go melt their table, let me know - I bring along a blow torch for you! :)

For the stake of ppl who are like me. The reply from CnC pandan garden -

"It should be fine, the camera only need a supply and ground. As long you don’t do any wire to any control unit, it should be fine."

My bad for asking my SE. :)

"It should be fine, the camera only need a supply and ground. As long you don’t do any wire to any control unit, it should be fine."

So looks like it is an ok!!?? Does anyone know whther auto spritz do camera installation? If yes, what are the brand they do?

That's why I am trying to get the msg to you!

Most of the SEs and even SAs don't know CnC regulations on warranty.

CnC don't go around voiding warranty. :)

Cheers

So looks like it is an ok!!?? Does anyone know whther auto spritz do camera installation? If yes, what are the brand they do?

AutoSpritze does camera installation but not Blackvue but you can ask them.

If U die die want Blackvue and AutoSpritze can't get for you, let me know.

I can point you the direction!

IMHO get one with High definition or U might consider one that comes with GPS which will have your travelling speed and locations display

Call Ah Boon hp: 81633839 (office hours only) he switch off his office when he goes back to JB at nite.

Tell him Mr. Seah refers you!

Cheers

AutoSpritze does camera installation but not Blackvue but you can ask them.

If U die die want Blackvue and AutoSpritze can't get for you, let me know.

I can point you the direction!

IMHO get one with High definition or U might consider one that comes with GPS which will have your travelling speed and locations display

Call Ah Boon hp: 81633839 (office hours only) he switch off his office when he goes back to JB at nite.

Tell him Mr. Seah refers you!

Thanks greatly appreciate. Btw, where did you install yours?

Thanks greatly appreciate. Btw, where did you install yours?

Foon audio installed my front & rear Blackvue DR400

I went to AutoSpritze and got them to rewire and take out my front PowerMagic.

Reason for not using PowerMagic - Blackvue DVR while recording is hot and if still recording in Parking Mode when the car is parked, it will only get hotter and may screwed up the internal battery.

So far my front & rear have been running very well after the front unit has been changed twice - once gps not running, 2nd internal battery dead - after taking out powermagic - seems to be alright for > 6 months.

Rear unit no problem from day 1 - changed to the latest unit (some hardware changes) for feedback to local importer

Cheers