• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

hello and good day

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, am new to this forum.

got a pre owned c200 a few months ago. also driving a 987.

look forward to learning more tips on car maintenance and meetup sessions

cheers and wishing everyone a great week ahead ;)

Welcome welcome!

Could you tell me a few things about the 987 ? Is it a car which requires alot of TLC ? Thanks!

Welcome welcome!

Could you tell me a few things about the 987 ? Is it a car which requires alot of TLC ? Thanks!

Hi, i really like the boxster. i like the drive and the handling. the engine note to me is simply thrilling :) on the other hand, the c200 feels very floaty to me :(

mine is the second generation 987 boxster. dont use it very often. fuel consumption abt 8km per litre. can do 10 km per litre for long distance drives

in my view, the boxster is actually a good buy compared to other roadsters. there are many pre owned boxsters on sgcarmart and the prices are very reasonable. there are many outside workshops that service the boxster too. cos of low usage, i generally service once a year ;)

you can check out porschesgforum too if you are keen.

cheers

Hi, i really like the boxster. i like the drive and the handling. the engine note to me is simply thrilling :) on the other hand, the c200 feels very floaty to me :(

mine is the second generation 987 boxster. dont use it very often. fuel consumption abt 8km per litre. can do 10 km per litre for long distance drives

in my view, the boxster is actually a good buy compared to other roadsters. there are many pre owned boxsters on sgcarmart and the prices are very reasonable. there are many outside workshops that service the boxster too. cos of low usage, i generally service once a year ;)

you can check out porschesgforum too if you are keen.

cheers

Thanks for your reply, that is very useful information to have! I have been reading up more on the 986 and it generally seems to be problem free with regular maintenance routines carried out/wear and tear replaceables.

Always good to know first hand info from owners :)

Thanks for your reply, that is very useful information to have! I have been reading up more on the 986 and it generally seems to be problem free with regular maintenance routines carried out/wear and tear replaceables.

Always good to know first hand info from owners :)

Yes, i am most impressed with german engineering. in fact i was pleasantly surprised to find out that the boxster has a mechanism to auto cut off the battery when unused for prolong periods of time. So the car can still start. no need to jump start the car.

Why i chose the boxster is that i like the timeless design. the 986 is still a very good looker. On the porschesgforum, there is a forumer called mafiapete. he's driving a yellow 986 and he's very into DIY too :)

Cheers.