• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

BE Rims

Poolfan

I traded in my original rims to BE 18 inch rims ....

Since the day that I changed the rims, I have been hearing some noise when I braked in the morning .... sometimes I would also hear the noise when I drive off after work. But the noise would disappear after a while ..... I drove with the issue for two months and I could not take it anymore and swapped back to a 2nd hand original rims.

Guess what ...... apparently, the offset for the rims was wrong for my car ......the noise disappear immediately after I swapped the rims.

I have wasted up to 2k .... for "mis-placing" my trust ..... and I would never go back to that shop again .....Just a "warning" to all thinking about upgrading to BM rims ... make sure that the offset is correct ....

Since the day that I changed the rims, I have been hearing some noise when I braked in the morning .... sometimes I would also hear the noise when I drive off after work. But the noise would disappear after a while ..... I drove with the issue for two months and I could not take it anymore and swapped back to a 2nd hand original rims.

Guess what ...... apparently, the offset for the rims was wrong for my car ......the noise disappear immediately after I swapped the rims.

I have wasted up to 2k .... for "mis-placing" my trust ..... and I would never go back to that shop again .....Just a "warning" to all thinking about upgrading to BM rims ... make sure that the offset is correct ....

Bro,

Can put more info of your BE Rims & Tyres?

Hi Bro poolfan, I'm on 19 BE plus lowering springs. Everything seems fine. No sound. Did you try bringing it back to that shop for a check?

I am also running 18" BE by Breyton GTS-AV from Ray-S so far no problem at all.......

Where did you get your BE from?

Well ..... I have got rid of the BE rims .....I have moved on and I would prefer not to mention name .... there is nothing wrong with the tyres ... size was 225/40/18. The noise only happen after I stopped the car for a long period of time .... and only when I stepped on the brake. I assume that the noise goes away after the brakes are heated up ...

It could just be bad luck for me ..... just wants to highlight the bad experience that I have encountered ....

I believe most people goes to that shop for their BE rims ..... I went there for the fact that a lot of merc owners upgraded their rims there ...

• 1 month later...

Bro....can elaborate more please.

I just ordered a set of 18" BE GTS-AV; very likely to be from this "usual" shop, arriving in Sept..

Am starting to get really worried..... :startle:

Dont worry. I have seen some bros with this rims on their merc. There shouldnt be any problem.

If you're worried ask for the rim specs from the shop, and we can further advise you

I just ordered a set of 18" BE GTS-AV; very likely to be from this "usual" shop, arriving in Sept..

I am also on 18" BE GTS-AV Matte Gun Metal so far no problem I don't even have pulling left issue. I think this the most popular model in BE for Merc?Audi/VW, I prefer the new model with 5 spokes too bad it was not avaialbe back then.

I am also on 18" BE GTS-AV Matte Gun Metal so far no problem I don't even have pulling left issue. I think this the most popular model in BE for Merc?Audi/VW, I prefer the new model with 5 spokes too bad it was not avaialbe back then.

You referring to this?

http://sg.images.search.yahoo.com/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fsg.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%3Fei%3DUTF-8%26p%3Dbe%2Bby%2Bbreyton&w=160&h=160&imgurl=www.bing.com%2Fimages%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dbe%2Bby%2Bbreyton%23focal%3Dd07003424340473d2da76beddb864b4f%26furl%3Dhttp%253a%252f%252fwww.wheeldb.com%252fimages%252fwheels%252fBE-by-Breyton-GTF2-Gunmetal-Painted-Wheels.jpg&size=&name=search&rcurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bing.com%2Fimages%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dbe%2Bby%2Bbreyton%23focal%3Dd07003424340473d2da76beddb864b4f%26furl%3Dhttp%253a%252f%252fwww.wheeldb.com%252fimages%252fwheels%252fBE-by-Breyton-GTF2-Gunmetal-Painted-Wheels.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bing.com%2Fimages%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dbe%2Bby%2Bbreyton%23focal%3Dd07003424340473d2da76beddb864b4f%26furl%3Dhttp%253a%252f%252fwww.wheeldb.com%252fimages%252fwheels%252fBE-by-Breyton-GTF2-Gunmetal-Painted-Wheels.jpg&p=be+by+breyton&type=&no=3&tt=109&oid=http%3A%2F%2Fts4.mm.bing.net%2Fimages%2Fthumbnail.aspx%3Fq%3D4739943767409287%26id%3De591e843b7cd0aa7ae5d78302adcb03b&tit=BE+by+Breyton&sigr=15tml1lml&sigi=15mmvp0fc&sigb=11q9jg4tg&fr=yfp-t-712-s

I saw that too, but feel it doesn't match my ride; I have not blink blink 4/6 calipers to compliment these rims.

Anyway...one question :

My stock rims are on ET35; However I could only find GTS-AV with ET45 online, but the shop said they have ordered ET35 before....really hoping things go well...

You referring to this?

http://sg.images.sea...&fr=yfp-t-712-s

I saw that too, but feel it doesn't match my ride; I have not blink blink 4/6 calipers to compliment these rims.

Anyway...one question :

My stock rims are on ET35; However I could only find GTS-AV with ET45 online, but the shop said they have ordered ET35 before....really hoping things go well...

Bro are you driving B class or C class?

Mine is C180 FL I am not sure with offset they install but I only told the boss if the tayar rubba rubba with my fender I will return it and ask full refund I know where he lives :lol: :lol: :lol: so far so good.

No need blink caliper but this rim Force 2 make 18" look damn huge.

Bro are you driving B class or C class?

Mine is C180 FL I am not sure with offset they install but I only told the boss if the tayar rubba rubba with my fender I will return it and ask full refund I know where he lives :lol: :lol: :lol: so far so good.

No need blink caliper but this rim Force 2 make 18" look damn huge.

Me on C...LK class.

Slim spokes that go all the way to the brim of the rim will definitely look BIG!

Me on C...LK class.

Slim spokes that go all the way to the brim of the rim will definitely look BIG!

Ok, usually I know B class offset is bit strange and need special order. I don't know that for CLK also need to order.

For C-class it share the same offset with new Audi A4 and some VW models.

Like I have mentioned previously, it could be down to my "swayness", the Boss is OK but I dislike his "boleh-land" supervisor ..... I have moved on and it is highly unlikely that I would patronise them again .... I prefer the service provided from his neighbour.....

Dont worry ..... many bros have fitted BE rims for their cars ..... and no issues ....