• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

SLK 350

Guest angela

Guest angela

Hi Guys.

New to the forum. I'm actually looking to get an SLK. (Probably somthing 2nd hand). Tossing up between the SLK 200 and the 350. A few queries for all you experts out there

1) Prices on 2nd hand models between the 2 are almost identical? (Compared on depreciation per year). Why is that

2) Whats the fuel consumption like for the SLK 350?

3) Cost of average servicing and maintenance of the car?

All replies would be apprciated. I've never ever owned a Merc. But the SLK is really really growing on me. Hope to be a prooud SLK owner in the near future!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shox87

haha. oops. did i see my nick?

well i guess it depends on how much u're willing to fork out monthly for ur maintenance and stuff.

basically the diff would be the diff quality trim levels and the pick-up of the car.

also not forgetting the pretty huge difference in road tax of the 2 models. :)

Guest angela

I recently sold my SLK350 :-(

The fuel consumption is really not too bad considering the engine capacity and occasional runs... i think got about 430 km out of 50 something liters...

Second hand should run from 185000 +/- 10000 pending on number of km it has done. the one i had was bout 1400Km when i bought so it was at a premium.

Servicing ... needless to say, look for Kevin at MBM .. the sponsor of this forum :-)

He's reasonable and won't torch your pants. I can't give a price because Kevin always checks to see what needs to be done on your ride... it can be a simple 100 dollar job or it can be more, it all depends on what needs to be done.

I haven't really met a guy who said he regretted buying a SLK yet so I guess it's safe to say it's a safe bet. Unless you have to drive around with more than one passenger then you are stuffed.

Guest angela

430kms out of 50+ litres.. thats not too bad... yeah, i guess i just need to weigh up the pros and cons of each model. higher road tax, higher insurance premiums and higher fuel consumption for the 350.

Any one knows what the resale value of slk's are like? which one's got better resale value? 350's or the 200's?

Guest Sparcolite

If gettin a used slk, make sure the dealer is reputated. N prepared a few more Gs too, cos some wear n tear cannot be picked up during viewing. Fuel mileage is indeed pretty decent given e size of the engine.

Guest Protoss

Hi Guys.

New to the forum. I'm actually looking to get an SLK. (Probably somthing 2nd hand). Tossing up between the SLK 200 and the 350. A few queries for all you experts out there

1) Prices on 2nd hand models between the 2 are almost identical? (Compared on depreciation per year). Why is that

All replies would be apprciated. I've never ever owned a Merc. But the SLK is really really growing on me. Hope to be a prooud SLK owner in the near future!

Hi ah8118,

Welcome to the club. :)

Do go for a test drive between the two models. ;)

If your budgets allows, go for the SLK350. U wont regret getting it when the 272 bhp V6 engine flex its muscle. ;D

Guest Raskie

on tight budget .. can go for SLK200 and do ECU upgrade ... :)

i'm eyeing the SLK too .. but maybe next year .... unless there's a really too-good-to-miss deal towards end of the year ...

Guest SgLaKsa

Hi Guys.

Hi ah8118,

1) Maybe its because the price difference between the 2 models (brand new) is only around $30k (if i'm not wrong), but there's a very big difference in the kind of engine and performance you can get between the 2 though. I'm driving an SLK200 but would suggest that you go for the 350 if you can afford ;D Unless you only want the outlook and always drive damp slow like me, then no point spending the extra.

2)Dunno about the consumption of 350 but the consumption of 200 is not as good as you might think. It'll be an average of around 8-9.5 Km/L for my driving style, of course it depends a lot on your own driving habit. Consumption is exeptionally higher in city area for this car, dunno why this car needs so much fuel just to stay in idle ??? ??? ???

3) If you will be doing your servicing at MBM, i would say that the cost of servicing and maintenance is really nothing to worry about. My ex car, Honda Civic 1.6L, cost more for its average servicing :(

Guest kopimonster

yup, SLKs...along wif the SLs are getting a facelift....but personally, i think the new ones are not dat nice looking as compared to pre-face lifted ones, juz feel that there is something wrong wif the front bumper design

Bro, go for it if you pocket allow.

I have not driven one but never heard anything bad about SLK, be it 200 or 350.

C35, maybe you also can contribute a bit cause your C350 same engine.

no regret getting a 272bhp engine. you will know why when you driving on road lor. you can cut alot of them into one pcs one pcs heee....... then you need not to listen to their poison lor. cause they are tortise for the time being he he he....... until they get their boost here boost there ..he he he..... go for it now bro see you at the next meet up remember no regret at all.

Guest angela

Thanks for all the comments and input guys... i think i have just decided to bite the bullet and go for the 350. You only live once, so might as well enjoy it while u can!!!

I'll be on the hunt for a 350... hope to find one soon and join u guys...

Thanks once again for all your feedback.

Appreciate it!!! ;D

Guest caysman

I understand that the SLK is a coupe cabrio, but if you're looking for a fun car, you could also consider the excellent CLK cab, Boxster, BMW M3 cab, Z4 cab, S2k, ... there's just something special about a cloth top which makes it more fun. A CC somehow, just to me, detract from the cab experience.

Thanks for all the comments and input guys... i think i have just decided to bite the bullet and go for the 350. You only live once, so might as well enjoy it while u can!!!

I'll be on the hunt for a 350... hope to find one soon and join u guys...

Thanks once again for all your feedback.

Appreciate it!!! ;D

Here something to chew with :love7:

http://www.sgcarmart.com/main/info-2IRi21WG-1013.html