• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Durian!!!

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

ya jeff sms me the contact also!!!!!

Try Sindy @ Balestier, check earlier post for address.

bro, still need to call and order beforehand? remember your eariler post saying need to call and check one.

and any bros know if there're good durian places in the west?

thanks in advance.

Cheers.

It's advisable to call them, so that they can reserve the good ones for you!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's advisable to call them, so that they can reserve the good ones for you!

bro, you mind i pm you for the number? cause i don't have the contact.

anyway, I just bought some from Jurong west St 52 yesterday. the D24, charge me 5 for 30. only one not to expectation. then i got one Mao Shan Wang $8/kg. i got a 2.5kg one for 20. i would say can try, if just want to satisfy your cravings. stall nearest to road.

anyway, I just bought some from Jurong west St 52 yesterday. the D24, charge me 5 for 30. only one not to expectation. then i got one Mao Shan Wang $8/kg. i got a 2.5kg one for 20. i would say can try, if just want to satisfy your cravings. stall nearest to road.

So near me, never call me!

The stall by the road is a NO NO! those fellows are small dealers(not the importers)

The one next to carpark is best! They are the big importer that supply to other small stores around the area!

Guest jenvid

The stall by the road is a NO NO! those fellows are small dealers(not the importers)

The one next to carpark is best! They are the big importer that supply to other small stores around the area!

Oh yes... St52 machiam durian wholesale centre there... btw got golden phoenix ?

Cant bring myself to travel to the other end of SG to do durian leh...

Oh yes... St52 machiam durian wholesale centre there... btw got golden phoenix ?

not sure lei...

after eating durians at my colleague's plantation @ Yong Peng, had find that what is D24/ miao shan wang / ...

kampung durians are the BEST!! or must get "yao ling yao" durian. these 2 types are the best!!!

also got tasted what our "Lee family" like type of durians!!

but the stall was the biggest one around the area. rather the setup, they make the whole stall look very big. thats why i bought it from there. hahaa.

not sure about golden phoenix. but there got no place to sit down and enjoy durian. had to buy away. I also could not drag myself from NTU to Still road to try the Durian Cafe. hahaa.

but i think i have to go try Sindy's. Ok la. the price at jurong west st 52 quite alright. especially since we students only.

Muahahahahah!!!

Can't bring myself to travel to the other end of SG to do durian but can go until M'sia just to try kampung durian!!

Bro Jenvid, why like that?!?! ??? :-\

Guest jenvid

Muahahahahah!!!

Can't bring myself to travel to the other end of SG to do durian but can go until M'sia just to try kampung durian!!

Bro Jenvid, why like that?!?! ??? :-\

oooi... go St52 is by myself lah, but still must tapau back... kampung lulian is a social gathering...

Jenvid ]

Muahahahahah!!!

Can' wrote:

oooi... go St52 is by myself lah, but still must tapau back... kampung lulian is a social gathering...

bro jenvid, i would say not worth the effort la. its probably almost same same as what you might get in the east. what more, the smell in the car will probably stay for a week. and bro, where did you get your golden phoenix from?

Sorry, my knowledge on durian is not very comprehensive, but which is better, mao shan wang or golden phoenix?

anyone knows how to get rid of the durian smell? i still get a blast of durian when i on the aircon after 3days.

Guest angela

anyone knows how to get rid of the durian smell? i still get a blast of durian when i on the aircon after 3days.

the little doggy which was given out at our first anniversary dinner works for me.. abt less than a week later, smell is gone..

you can try driving with the windows open, like i always do. maybe next time put in ur back seat floor, drive back with windows down.. shud be easier to rid urself of the "pang bah wu".. :D

Guest jenvid

the little doggy which was given out at our first anniversary dinner works for me.. abt less than a week later, smell is gone..

The little doggy contains activated charcoal lah... u can buy a pack of those use for aquarium, wash & let the aircon blast through it. If you have those ozone steriliser, they work pretty well. Not those that generate -ve ions.

Me, my car never has smell one lah....haha...

My Golden Phoenix is gotten by a freelancer who takes a basket from the Yishun delivery truck & sell them in his van lor...

Golden Phoenix vs Mao San Wan. The latter has a much creamier bitter taste, but ex lor as compared to GP. GP durian are usually very small (1 Kati to 1 kg) on average. But the seeds are so puny.. hehe

MSW durians are more satisfying because of its thick & big size flesh. Taste it is better than GP.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...