• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Durian!!!

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

eyke is right!!!

Btw, some of us are going to SINDY @ 279, BALESTIER ROAD this Saturday night. Those interested kindly PM me cos need to reserved the durians. Believe me the durians are top notch!!! :thumbsup:

bro do it again lei :ninja:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eyke is right!!!

Btw, some of us are going to SINDY @ 279, BALESTIER ROAD this Saturday night. Those interested kindly PM me cos need to reserved the durians. Believe me the durians are top notch!!! :thumbsup:

kekeke... bro, i gotta be careful who i invite lah, afterwards many problems for me... but the stalls there anyone can just go there! But i'll PM you we go together ok? ;D

must go early though...went wif wifey on tue 9pm...and all durians were sold out!!

there were still some on the stall, but they said its 'not so good' durians...and they would rather not sell! wow. got integrity!!

so eventually had to settle for 2nd best a little further up the road....

so good luck hunting! :)

must go early though...went wif wifey on tue 9pm...and all durians were sold out!!

there were still some on the stall, but they said its 'not so good' durians...and they would rather not sell! wow. got integrity!!

so eventually had to settle for 2nd best a little further up the road....

so good luck hunting! :)

You must call Sindy to reserve the Durian first. I'll PM you the next durian fest. More people eat more shiok!

but they said its 'not so good' durians...and they would rather not sell! wow. got integrity!!

even those they open liao, you say no good after trying, they change for you w/o giving you dirty looks.

not the cheapest, but you pay for quality and good service.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sy69u

eyke is right!!!

kekeke... bro, i gotta be careful who i invite lah, afterwards many problems for me... but the stalls there anyone can just go there! But i'll PM you we go together ok? ;D

hehehehehehe...... i know wat u meant............. hahahahahahahahahaha.... invite people tat really eat durian only lah. dont want a fashion show there......... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Guest jenvid

just finished a session at the still road durian cafe. durian not bad but parking damn bloody expensive. really chow chicken pie...............

16072008514.jpg

Think that's the Mao San Wang durian we are holding on... freaking $20/kg

Am already half down with a sore throat... haha...The D24 are good value for 3 for $20

Guest sy69u

dont got open in the morning. can try asking them.

also, its not S$20 for 3. we bought the S$10 each kind. had 2 of those. then the S$20 per kg. 2kg plus.

then carpark...........................................chow chicken pie again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, i really miss the durians man! btw, mao shan wang (or butter durian) should be between 15-25 per kg.

You should try golden phoenix. :thumbsup:

Guest jenvid

Hey, i really miss the durians man! btw, mao shan wang (or butter durian) should be between 15-25 per kg.

You should try golden phoenix. :thumbsup:

haha... office colleague got lobang... just picked up 5 golden phoenix durian at $10/kg fresh from Malaysia. Out of custom, straight to our office... haha... tonite dinner is durian lor...

Guest jenvid

Just came back from the cafe....not too bad. I think it's reasonably good. have packed 2 in my fridge to slowly consume.... :yumyum:

haha poison coming... pics of my golden phoenix durians for dinner.

Sorry Cklasse, you gonna hate me for this hehe...

Guest jenvid

Hehe... here comes the golden phoenix durian pics.... haha

2008-07-18at21-38-00.jpg

2 open with 1 reserve for my dinner :yumyum:

2008-07-18at21-39-32.jpg

Look at those seeds' size.. so tiny.

2008-07-18at21-40-16.jpg

A picture of relativity speaks thousands

2008-07-18at21-44-24.jpg

The ultra puny seeds

2008-07-18at21-49-50.jpg

The entire durian's seeds in 1 cavity.

Comments: Bitter sweet, slightly moist, avg 1.2kg in size containing abt 12 seeds.

At $10/kg[my colleague's lobang] with delivery, beats the Still Rd Cafe hands down.

The Mao Shan Wang was good but the golden phoenix is extreme value for money.

Guest sy69u

wah say!!!!! jenvid, 3 days in a week for durians??? crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrazy!!!!!!!!!!!! better stay away from him. durian breath, durian smell, durian blood......... hehehehehehe no wonder he always drive topless. burp no smell. hahahahahahaha

• 4 weeks later...

ya jeff sms me the contact also!!!!!

Try Sindy @ Balestier, check earlier post for address.

bro, still need to call and order beforehand? remember your eariler post saying need to call and check one.

and any bros know if there're good durian places in the west?

thanks in advance.

Cheers.