• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Run flat tires

hayato

Hi all,

Anyone changed their tires to run flat / zero pressure tires?

Any difference in terms of performance, comfort and noise?

Just thinking of changing to RFT so that I can get rid of the spare tire.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my personal opinion is still to keep the spare, especially if u need to travel to malaysia.

i ever hit a pothole and dented my rim. i had the instant inflate but couldn't help.. air will not hold in the tyre due to the dent.

had to swap in the spare.

In my previous ride i had stock 16" RFT. Upgraded to DPE 19" and i tried to weigh both 19" and 16" with tires on using my hands. They weigh almost the same. RFT are heavy and had stiff sidewall. The only advantage of RFT is the tire could still be used to travel to the nearest tire shop should you hit a nail.

I have a portable pump in the boot for slow leaking tyre. It has proven useful in several occasions, I just pump full and drive slowly to nearest tyre shop, which in Singapore is not a problem.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...