• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Passion & hobby

Guest jenvid

Guest kepiting1sg

Lots of $$ spending passion hobby.. so little cash & time... :-[

Photography is the most evil...seamingly innocent but $$ reqd for the lens... that prime len, that zoom len.. ::) :laugh:

1.Got posioned by cars - cured after being poisoned for 13 years

2.Got poisoned by photography - cured early during stage I disease

3.Got posioned by home audio - cured during stage II disease

4.Got posioned by poison - cured during stage III disease

5.Got posioned by ICE - cured during stage III disease

6.Got posioned by clocks - still high (worse of all the hobbies I had, still can't find the antidote)

Didn't know that there's a Merc. museum near Stuggart.

My company HQ not far from there.

Thanks to you, now I know there's a place to visit on my next trip and spend manee too ;D.

True! True! So many passions with so little manee & time!!!! >:( >:( >:(

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jenvid

$25k last year alone on cameras. RC cars maybe $5k.

Oh yes i also have a small heli just to learn to fly. can hover. then now not much time to practice.. so i can't actually fly. heli needs new landing gear.

RC cars, once you go racing on the track, popular one is at the Queenstown Club. Man... once you are hooked on race...you are gonna especially when you go into car setup, vehicle dynamics, eqpt stock up... Then there's electric buggies.

The worst poison is when u are hooked to Tamiya RC replicas like Knight Hauler, King Tiger tanks...the sound and the lights. Gee.. $5k not enuff lor... hehe...

Then there's the ultimate 1/8 Serpent cars (east coast), 1/8 Gas buggies(turf club), speed boat(punggol park), Heli (Bt Batok), Airplane (Yishun & tampines).... :laugh:

Guest jenvid

6.Got posioned by clocks - still high (worse of all the hobbies I had, still can't find the antidote)

Didn't know that there's a Merc. museum near Stuggart.

My company HQ not far from there.

Thanks to you, now I know there's a place to visit on my next trip and spend manee

Got poisoned by poison... cheeem...

clocks <- This one good luck pal...can empty bank a/c man....

The Merc Museum is in Stuttgart near the Merc Factory. Also very close to the Porsche Museum. It used to be free but I think now there's an entrance fee for it. Porsche Museum, nothing much to see though...

If you are passionate about Merc, its history & its philosophy of car design.. this one ultimate poison man... wait till u see the 300SL, 500k, silver arrow... I near bought every darn thing from the boutique shop... Souvenirs that u cant buy, the merc pencils & chits (ala Ikea pencils & scratch pad) and things u will buy by the dozen.. all the postcards. Die cast cars, the merc books...man it is crazy...

My that 1 trip bought so many bags full from the museum, I had no choice but to hand carry them all back. way way exceeding the airplane allowance. I hand carried 30kg of stuff... Best thing was the german custom officer saw me with so many merc bags, gave me the thumbs up & flash me his merc car key, smiled and let me pass. :laugh: :laugh:

Prepare to spend 1 full day there if you truly love Mercedes...the car and Karlbenz's daughter :)

Guest angela

Siao boh! Exchange a car for these! No way man. But what is dubois ah?? nv hear before leh

solly my spelling error. Roger Dubuis. kekekeke..

PSP owners, would you buy a PS3 ? xbox360 vs PS3 who win ? :)

I will buy a Xbox 360 when Forza 2 comes out and the PS3 when Grand Turismo HD comes out.

Guest angela

jenvid ]

6.Got posioned by clocks - still high (worse of all the hobbies I had, still can' wrote:

Got poisoned by poison... cheeem...

clocks <- This one good luck pal...can empty bank a/c man....

The Merc Museum is in Stuttgart near the Merc Factory. Also very close to the Porsche Museum. It used to be free but I think now there's an entrance fee for it. Porsche Museum, nothing much to see though...

If you are passionate about Merc, its history & its philosophy of car design.. this one ultimate poison man... wait till u see the 300SL, 500k, silver arrow... I near bought every darn thing from the boutique shop... Souvenirs that u cant buy, the merc pencils & chits (ala Ikea pencils & scratch pad) and things u will buy by the dozen.. all the postcards. Die cast cars, the merc books...man it is crazy...

My that 1 trip bought so many bags full from the museum, I had no choice but to hand carry them all back. way way exceeding the airplane allowance. I hand carried 30kg of stuff... Best thing was the german custom officer saw me with so many merc bags, gave me the thumbs up & flash me his merc car key, smiled and let me pass. :laugh: :laugh:

Prepare to spend 1 full day there if you truly love Mercedes...the car and Karlbenz's daughter :)

Interesting. If I get the chance to visit Germany again, I would like to visit this Mercedes museum, the Porsche museum, the BMW museum and the Audi museum, plus some other tuner factories and the famous Nurburghring track.

Guest angela

Wonder how folks are car fanatics... well maybe not so extreme...

Can we start car related hobby thread ?

Like to ask..

1) how many tinker with RC cars (petrol/electric, toy/Race thoroughbred)

2) PS/2, Xbox, WRC, Gran turismo, F1, need for spd etc

3) collect scale car models. die cast, plastic

4) Watch F1, WRC etc

5) Collect real classic cars :o :o :o

hmmm....

Go-Kart???

I used to play with RC cars, also had collected scaled cars like the Ferrrrraaaaiiii, hmmm come to think of it, i better go dust off those models, and put it up for sale? :-\ too much car stuffs around, my CO making some fuss about it... :-\

I have just started to collect 1/43 scale model cars. If you have some that you want to sell or trade, please let me know.

• 1 month later...
Guest mekenics

1>hard rock cafe shot glass-es

2>me-to-u collection of grey "bear-bear"(s)- started buying for my then GF now wife & got hooked in the process

3>classic frame mountain bikes- got a 93' klein fervor & a 95' cannondale f500 both of which now become over-grown BMX single-speeders. not an active pedal-ler now. 1 of few (should be <5)local owners of the fizik actual cow hide (mor-mor/hairy type)trim saddle

Guest angela

Eating the beef burger in the hotel room in every hotel I go.

So far the better ones I have tried ... Wynn Macau and Shangrila Bangkok.

I know... it's a weird passion to have...