• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Passion & hobby

Guest jenvid

Guest jenvid

Wonder how many folks are car fanatics... well maybe not so extreme...

Can we start car related hobby thread ?

Like to ask..

1) how many tinker with RC cars (petrol/electric, toy/Race thoroughbred)

2) PS/2, Xbox, WRC, Gran turismo, F1, need for spd etc

3) collect scale car models. die cast, plastic

4) Watch F1, WRC etc

5) Collect real classic cars :o :o :o

hmmm....

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HLdrops

Wonder how folks are car fanatics... well maybe not so extreme...

Like to ask..

4) Watch F1, WRC etc

hmmm....

none of the above for me.. :-[

Like to ask..

4) Watch F1, WRC etc

hmmm....

Go-Kart???

I used to play with RC cars, also had collected scaled cars like the Ferrrrraaaaiiii, hmmm come to think of it, i better go dust off those models, and put it up for sale? :-\ too much car stuffs around, my CO making some fuss about it... :-\

Guest kepiting1sg

Like to ask..

4) Watch F1, WRC etc

hmmm....

None of the above for me too.

My current hobby is collecting & restoring anniversary/400 day/torsion clocks

Guest jenvid

Like to ask..

4) Watch F1, WRC etc

hmmm....

none of the above for me.. :-[

Well you can start with 3.. that one gender neutral... :P

For me, passion is on watches. But dont have money to buy one. Eyeing on one now. Hopefully can get it.

Hobby mahjong and drinking lor.

Sell your car can buy 2 tourbouillon, a richard mille and perhaps 2 dubois ;)

Guest millionmilebenz

Like to ask..

4) Watch F1, WRC etc

hmmm....

Used to have some die-cast models. Gave all to my brother.

Would love to be able to COLLECT (meaning > 1) classic cars for a hobby. No money lah. What to do? Buy COE cars and keep long time lor, hahahaha! As they say, "dan ku ku"! :laugh:

Haha winningeleven on psp my favourite game all time...

I like it except for the loading time.... and the long pause between plays especially when you sub players....

Siao boh! Exchange a car for these! No way man. But what is dubois ah?? nv hear before leh

solly my spelling error. Roger Dubuis. kekekeke..

PSP owners, would you buy a PS3 ? xbox360 vs PS3 who win ? :)

Guest jenvid

Siao boh! Exchange a car for these! No way man. But what is dubois ah?? nv hear before leh

solly my spelling error. Roger Dubuis. kekekeke..

PSP owners, would you buy a PS3 ? xbox360 vs PS3 who win ? :)

U wont believe this but I buy PS only for 3 games. Gran Turismo, F1 & WRC.

Still kicking myself for not buying the Recaro seat to hook up the GT Force Steering Wheel.

Waiting for GT-HD to go GA before buying PS3.

Guest jenvid

Haha driving sim freak lah you.

GT-HD looks highly impressive. Played the demo at Takashimaya toys dept and was bowled over!

errh understatement lor...my life is car first... all the hobbies here less the classic car collection I like & do... wish I have a heidelberg print press machine at home man....I wan my 300SL, 500k, 300SC.

BTW any1 pop in to Merc Museum in Stuttgart ? Merc wannabe dream come true man...the die cast at way much cheaper than what C&C sells for.

Guest Cklasse

Only went for the Merc Factory in Sindelfingen, went crazy in the boutique and took back 6 diecast Merc; from the MP4 to the SL.

Just gave away my PS2 and I only play driving games; GT, WRC, NFS and Burnout....love the crash scene with all parts flying when crashed.

I am now into FPS games on my MAC; Call of Duty, Full Spectrum Warrior....

Guest CBlack

i play quite a bit of PS2 and mostly racing games like nfs, SRS, midnight club, GT4, and in these games, i get to mod the car whatever way i want (with the help of some cheat codes ;D).

Guest jenvid

U know GT3/GT4 on PS2 on 80" screen & pro-logic sound to home theater kills or rocks.... ;D

Actually playing car sim saves life...once took a corner too sharp up a 100 deg bend at a " " spd :P , rear right wheel lifted & instinctively countersteer to bring the wheel down with a big thud... ::)

Saw a volvo S60T next day at the same spot on the grass a couple metres from the tree...reminded myself that I am lucky man.. hehe...

Guest angela

RC Cars for me. Nitro Hyper 7 buggy, TA-05 almost stock, TA-05 almost nothing left stock, Cyclone sport, X-ray T1 EVO2, TT-01 lots of hopups and more bodyshells than you can shake a stick at. I love painting the shells realistic plain colours and putting nice rims on so that when they more they really look stylo. I'm not so much into tracks and racing. Drifting for fun, light racing... dun go to a track.

Car and home audio. This is a passion (also part time work) more than a hobby. I've got enough ICE stuff to build 2 serious processor based systems, yet only one car is installed with anything. The other stuff is um.. backup.

Photography. I love this. It's the only non-selfish hobby i have. By non-selfish I mean my family benefits too because the pictures are memories that will last a loong time. also a little on the heavy side. Plus if i'm not shooting my family then it can take a little too much time.

Other than that I like following gadget technology.. handphones, PDAs.. but then almost every guy I know is guilty of this too.

Watches are nice, and so are nice cars, but i'm not there yet, so I make do with the RC versions. The good thing is, you can drift an RC car, run it at top whack and it's still much safer than running a real car at top whack or trying something silly with it. hehehe. Actually I always liked it but only started it so that eventually I could share the hobby with my son. I sure hope he will like it.

Guest jenvid

RC Cars for me. Nitro Hyper 7 buggy, TA-05 almost stock, TA-05 almost nothing left stock, Cyclone sport, X-ray T1 EVO2, TT-01 lots of hopups and more bodyshells than you can shake a stick at. I love painting the shells realistic plain colours and putting nice rims on so that when they more they really look stylo. I'm not so much into tracks and racing. Drifting for fun, light racing... dun go to a track.

Car and home audio. This is a passion (also part time work) more than a hobby. I've got enough ICE stuff to build 2 serious processor based systems, yet only one car is installed with anything. The other stuff is um.. backup.

Photography. I love this. It's the only non-selfish hobby i have. By non-selfish I mean my family benefits too because the pictures are memories that will last a loong time. also a little on the heavy side. Plus if i'm not shooting my family then it can take a little too much time.

Other than that I like following gadget technology.. handphones, PDAs.. but then almost every guy I know is guilty of this too.

Watches are nice, and so are nice cars, but i'm not there yet, so I make do with the RC versions. The good thing is, you can drift an RC car, run it at top whack and it's still much safer than running a real car at top whack or trying something silly with it. hehehe. Actually I always liked it but only started it so that eventually I could share the hobby with my son. I sure hope he will like it.

RC Cars...

Well u need the full works man... to be fully infused in the passion.

U need Orion Lap counter, Schulze Ecolade charger, ultra portable NB, tyre warmers, setup board, camber gauge,ride ht gauge, droop gauge etc :) , some brushless motors... Akihabara is heaven... ;D

RC cars a bit long to list here... U do trucks, tank, boats, heli & plane ? *faint*

I got another car not ICE yet... u want to do it ? hehe..

Lots of $$ spending passion hobby.. so little cash & time... :-[

Photography is the most evil...seamingly innocent but $$ reqd for the lens... that prime len, that zoom len.. ::) :laugh:

Guest angela

yep. RC cars is expensive. cameras are worse. ICE is somewhere in between. If you have all three as a hobby.. gotta watch the budget. :(

$25k last year alone on cameras. RC cars maybe $5k.

Oh yes i also have a small heli just to learn to fly. can hover. then now not much time to practice.. so i can't actually fly. heli needs new landing gear.