• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Group Buy: Orange Tyre Pressure Monitor System

Dave Jr

I had this installed yesterday at the recommended workshop. I was charged $60 instead of the $40 due to the positioning of the air valves on my Wald 19" rims. Overall, satisfied with the buy! Thanks for the swift sales Nigel!

I had this installed yesterday at the recommended workshop. I was charged $60 instead of the $40 due to the positioning of the air valves on my Wald 19" rims. Overall, satisfied with the buy! Thanks for the swift sales Nigel!

Thanks for the kind words buddy.. How come they charge you $20 extra for the valves? so sorry I didn't know about the valves problem coz normally all the rest are just plug and play type..

Anyone kind enough to post a pic on how the monitor looks after installed in the car?

Thanks. :)

Here you go, not Mar Ser Li though:

ec4a77d8.jpg

Note that you have to mount the display reader higher, if not it can't read all 4 tyres. I have to go to the shop a second time to get it repositioned.

I would suggest that before you permanently mount the reader onto your dash board, hold the display reader in position and close your windows and doors and try if it can read all 4 tyres. After confirmed ok then you mount it in position. If not later have to remove and put back your heart will be painful.

Hi all,

Getting a set from a local distributor and he told me that he can give a special price if i'm able to get 10 sets..

PRICE: $180 (min. 10 sets) - C&C

CLOSURE DATE: 15th May (2 weeks)

I've hooked up with a tyre shop who will do the installation of the TPMS and balancing of the tires @ $40

Good for both trackies and non-trackies.. (FITS ALL MARQUES & MODELS OF CARS)

Trackies

- Able to monitor BOTH tyre PRESSURE & TEMPERATURE..

Non-Trackies

- Able to find out during day-to-day driving whether tyre is leaking etc..

Display:

- Tyre pressure in kPa, psi

- Tyre temperature in C, F

WARNING ALERT - AN ALARM WILL BEEP:

- Display abnormal tyre pressure

- High tyre temperature

ONE (1) YEAR WARRANTY FROM DAY OF PURCHASE FOR MANUFACTURE DEFECT/FAULT..

422778_241901652568426_235749906516934_495208_1482819007_n.jpg

Upon closure of group buy, i'd require the participants to transfer the full amount.. a PM will be sent to the participants..

Please fill up like the following (Nickname / How Many Units)

1. Dave Jr / x1 (PAID & COLLECTED)

2. bbwannabe / x1 (PAID & COLLECTED)

3. s7000 / x1 (PAID & COLLECTED)

4. stqy / x1 (PAID & COLLECTED)

5. toycarz / x1 (PAID & COLLECTED)

Thanks for the kind words buddy.. How come they charge you $20 extra for the valves? so sorry I didn't know about the valves problem coz normally all the rest are just plug and play type..

He mentioned that my air valves are in a difficult position, further into the rim, hence he had to remove the entire tire in order to fit the sensor. $20 more for the extra work apparently.

Here you go, not Mar Ser Li though:

ec4a77d8.jpg

Note that you have to mount the display reader higher, if not it can't read all 4 tyres. I have to go to the shop a second time to get it repositioned.

I would suggest that before you permanently mount the reader onto your dash board, hold the display reader in position and close your windows and doors and try if it can read all 4 tyres. After confirmed ok then you mount it in position. If not later have to remove and put back your heart will be painful.

I did have the same problem initially, but then I realize that it takes quite some time for all 4 wheels to be tracked. So i guess it has nothing to do with the height positioning. Btw, where did you do your wiring work?

I guess this didn't get off the ground or got here - Garmin Nuvi 1320 - Orange TPMS integrated with Garmin GPS!

[media=]

[/media]

garmin-gps-tpms.png

• Like 1

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

I guess this didn't get off the ground or got here - Garmin Nuvi 1320 - Orange TPMS integrated with Garmin GPS!

[media=]

[/media]

garmin-gps-tpms.png

wah...... Not when i just bought mine :(

Old Unker here equally poisonous!....hehehe! :P

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

He mentioned that my air valves are in a difficult position, further into the rim, hence he had to remove the entire tire in order to fit the sensor. $20 more for the extra work apparently.

I did have the same problem initially, but then I realize that it takes quite some time for all 4 wheels to be tracked. So i guess it has nothing to do with the height positioning. Btw, where did you do your wiring work?

Initially I've mounted it below the aircon vent, after driving half an hour it still could not detect the 2 rear tyres.

8bdd8103.jpg

After I've mounted it above the aircon vent, all 4 tyres are detected within a couple of minutes. So I think height does play a part here.

I've done the hardwiring at this shop:

http://www.sgcarmart...t.php?MID=11206

$30 for the job, wires were concealed nicely and the inner wirings were neatly arranged as well. I would say it is pretty well done.

Old Unker here equally poisonous!....hehehe! :P

I need a poison barrier! ha.

Initially I've mounted it below the aircon vent, after driving half an hour it still could not detect the 2 rear tyres.

8bdd8103.jpg

After I've mounted it above the aircon vent, all 4 tyres are detected within a couple of minutes. So I think height does play a part here.

I've done the hardwiring at this shop:

http://www.sgcarmart...t.php?MID=11206

$30 for the job, wires were concealed nicely and the inner wirings were neatly arranged as well. I would say it is pretty well done.

Wah so far, but nonetheless, thanks for the share. But a noob question, does hardwiring work void our c&c warranty? =x

Wah so far, but nonetheless, thanks for the share. But a noob question, does hardwiring work void our c&c warranty? =x

I think they void every damn thing! But if you don't hardwire it, won't it look very ugly plugging the wire loosely to the cig socket?

If you need to claim warranty against anything, the most unhardwire it before going back lor.

I'm sure there'll be lots of advices from other forumers here on the void warranty issue. Me no mar ser lee so I'm not sure...

I think they void every damn thing! But if you don't hardwire it, won't it look very ugly plugging the wire loosely to the cig socket?

If you need to claim warranty against anything, the most unhardwire it before going back lor.

I'm sure there'll be lots of advices from other forumers here on the void warranty issue. Me no mar ser lee so I'm not sure...

The wire dangling around is unsightly. Hence I am thinking of rewiring it, but am afraid of voiding my warranty. Warranty > aesthetic! hahah. I can just chuck this in my glove box if it is an excuse for cnc to void my warranty.

Contact Francis @ 9222 3636.. Tell him you're from the Group Buy of Orange TPMS and he'll know.. He does more on referral business..

Charges range from $15-$40.. Depending on how difficult to fit/hide your wires..

Contact Francis @ 9222 3636.. Tell him you're from the Group Buy of Orange TPMS and he'll know.. He does more on referral business..

Charges range from $15-$40.. Depending on how difficult to fit/hide your wires..

So this Francis is from Auto Spritze yeah? ha, paisei, noob here.

• 2 weeks later...