• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Group Buy: Orange Tyre Pressure Monitor System

Dave Jr

Hi all,

Getting a set from a local distributor and he told me that he can give a special price if i'm able to get 10 sets..

PRICE: $180 (min. 10 sets) - C&C

CLOSURE DATE: 15th May (2 weeks)

I've hooked up with a tyre shop who will do the installation of the TPMS and balancing of the tires @ $40

Good for both trackies and non-trackies.. (FITS ALL MARQUES & MODELS OF CARS)

Trackies

- Able to monitor BOTH tyre PRESSURE & TEMPERATURE..

Non-Trackies

- Able to find out during day-to-day driving whether tyre is leaking etc..

Display:

- Tyre pressure in kPa, psi

- Tyre temperature in C, F

WARNING ALERT - AN ALARM WILL BEEP:

- Display abnormal tyre pressure

- High tyre temperature

ONE (1) YEAR WARRANTY FROM DAY OF PURCHASE FOR MANUFACTURE DEFECT/FAULT..

422778_241901652568426_235749906516934_495208_1482819007_n.jpg

Upon closure of group buy, i'd require the participants to transfer the full amount.. a PM will be sent to the participants..

Please fill up like the following (Nickname / How Many Units)

1. Dave Jr / x1 (PAID & COLLECTED)

2. bbwannabe / x1 (PAID & COLLECTED)

3. s7000 / x1 (PAID & COLLECTED)

4. stqy / x1 (PAID & COLLECTED)

5. toycarz / x1 (PAID & COLLECTED)

Yup, I think not bad price. I am game... Just a few questions,

1. If the sensor gets stolen, then how much to purchase one sensor?

2. Need to do wheel balance again? Heavy looking sensors.

3. Battery life for the sensors & the main unit?

4. Cost to replace battery for sensors and the main unit (unless it is hardwired...)

Have you scout around? How much is this thing going at normally?

(I am going to call Hurry Tires and see how much they charging. Haha...)

Hi mate here u go..

1) sensors won't get stolen as it's between the tyre and the rim

2) Yes, I've hooked up with a tyre shop to do the installation + balancing.. Pls read POST #1

3) claimed to be 7yrs battery life for display unit..

4) sensors and all can be changed easily (I'm able to get it for u) below $50..

RRP: $260

Side note : Where do you guys intend to mount the monitor? This device is either hardwired or plug into ciggy.

i've hooked up with a tyre shop @ Sin Ming Autocare to do the installation + balancing..

And yah just in case you guys are curious, I called Hurry Tires.

They are quoting $270 with install + balancing. They were nice enough to entertain me about a competing group buy price. Should be able to report back by Friday.

In any case, I think this is deal is great.

I had them in my Q5 and later transferred into my A4.

Got them installed by Coco Motor World - Zane.

#03-17 Sin Min Autocare.

IIRC All in include installation & tyre balancing about $250

IMHO

Pressure readouts may not be exactly what U measured with an accurate tyre pressure gauge. Usually abt 2 psi out consistently.

Nice to have readouts of your individual tyre pressure & temp reading display but pain in the a*** if 1 of the readings dun startup.

When U rotate tyres IIRC there's a sequence to follow. Dun forget the readouts have Front L/R & Rear L/R.

Sometime resetting can be an a*** if your tyre shop doesn't understand the system.

Dun forget balancing & installation is $$$ and can be not a walk in the park in installation.

Have fun! An interesting toy though!

• Like 1

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

I had them in my Q5 and later transferred into my A4.

IMHO

Pressure readouts may not be exactly what U measured with an accurate tyre pressure gauge. Usually abt 2 psi out consistently.

Nice to have readouts of your individual tyre pressure & temp reading display but pain in the a*** if 1 of the readings dun startup.

When U rotate tyres IIRC there's a sequence to follow. Dun forget the readouts have Front L/R & Rear L/R.

Sometime resetting can be an a*** if your tyre shop doesn't understand the system.

Dun forget balancing & installation is $$$ and can be not a walk in the park in installation.

Have fun! An interesting toy though!

Hey mate, thanks for the input.. it's stated in the web that reading can be off by 1-2 psi.. rotation of tires are simple, use mode 5 instead of the rest which i think what you're doing with it now.. no need to worry about rotation of tires as the sensors will automatically fit the FR, RR, RL & FL by themselves when doing rotation with 1 easy step..

I've got a few friends using it on Sepang and few on it for normal daily driving and they're happy with it tht's why i'm looking to get a set for myself as well!! :)

Cheers..

IMHO $220 is a good price especially by a tyre shop who know how to instal.

Best dun C & C unless the buyer knows where to instal it.

Pressure is consistently out so u can mentally knows what're the actual readouts.

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Have used this on my Golf GTI. Pretty good but be prepared for many counter weights on your rims for a balanced tyre as the sensor is mounted on the inside of the valve. IMO, the weights spoil the looks of the rims.

Have used this on my Golf GTI. Pretty good but be prepared for many counter weights on your rims for a balanced tyre as the sensor is mounted on the inside of the valve. IMO, the weights spoil the looks of the rims.

Alternative is to hammer in clip type of counter weight.

///// AMG

I am interested in this! I dk why but recently my tires seems to be leaking air, and I cant seem to figure which one is it. How soon can i install this upon payment? I will pm you my mobile. Cheers!

Please fill up like the following (Nickname / How Many Units)

1. Dave Jr / x1 (PAID & COLLECTED)

2. bbwannabe / x1 (PAID & COLLECTED)

3. s7000 / x1 (PAID & COLLECTED)

4. stqy / x1 (PAID & COLLECTED)

5. toycarz / x1 (PAID)