• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Topic about Toyota

Guest angela

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

My friends MRS

DSC01448.jpg

look at all their rides, installed with walkie talkie extension antenna. serious group boy.

i must get one before b-road drive

Yup, all bought from Nick. You should get one.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest jenvid

Hmm.... just realised no thread on the Lexus.

Anyway I just read a dated Carma mag. The IS200 actually can be legally fitted with a supercharger that boost its hp from 180 to 230hp... wakao.... Need to be installed by a certain installer

We should get MBM to get themselves certified as a Kleemann installer under LTA purview....

The IS200 actually can be legally fitted with a supercharger that boost its hp from 180 to 230hp... wakao.... Need to be installed by a certain installer

We should get MBM to get themselves certified as a Kleemann installer under LTA purview....

iirc, it was a supercharger kit by TTE, which is related to Toyota, which was why it managed to get LTA approval.

Kleemann related to Daimler?

Guest jenvid

The IS200 actually can be legally fitted with a supercharger that boost its hp from 180 to 230hp... wakao.... Need to be installed by a certain installer

iirc, it was a supercharger kit by TTE, which is related to Toyota, which was why it managed to get LTA approval.

Kleemann related to Daimler?

Well not quite sure of the background of it, but the fact is LTA states no mods on engine allowed. Primarily for a couple of reasons from my interpretation. [<- Spelling error.. getting old lah]

1) Safety consideration of the car (brakes, stopping distance etc)

2) Emission stds

3) Insurance matters - higher HP equates higher premium...

4) Credibility of performance mods

5) Performance mods effect on OMV.

If by manufacturer's argument, everyone technically should be able to buy a Impreza & throw in a turbo provided it is installed by Motorimage etc. All other assumption thrown in.

Anyway this is for discussion and I really wonder how this installer managed to get it through.

Well not quite sure of the background of it, but the fact is LTA states no mods on engine allowed.

If by manufacturer's argument, everyone technically should be able to buy a Impreza & throw in a turbo provided it is installed by Motorimage etc.

read this: http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/modification_guide/modification_allowed_lta.html#MainPar_0018

trick is how to get manufacturer to want to certify that the super/turbo-charger is suitable for your car when they don't stand to gain anything from doing so.

especially when they have turbo model, eg. WRX, to sell you... "want turbo? buy my WRX [sTI] lah!" :devil2:

Guest jenvid

especially when they have turbo model, eg. WRX, to sell you... "want turbo? buy my WRX [sTI] lah!" :devil2:

Haha... u sound like Glenn... You sure you not related ? :2guns:

no way, he's much more intelligent than me.

just listen to his Subaru radio ads which i couldn't make heads or tails of.

Guest jenvid

no way, he's much more intelligent than me.

just listen to his Subaru radio ads which i couldn't make heads or tails of.

sorry lah... me no listen radio....

• 1 year later...

Anyone saw the new Prius... Looks Cool... Apart from the Hybrid Technology, in the papers today.. Moon Roof with Solar + Remote Air Con..Wow..

WTH man sounds like a room on wheels! I could think of a romantic setup - star gazing with the moon roof - that is if you can find a location dark enough in Singapore.