• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Topic about Maserati

Guest angela

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest goforit

hey bro orh lulu, congrats to your new ride!

am seriously looking to own one.. like the red color but was told to pay 12k more! a common friend of mine told me his GT got a bit of cough and cold occassionally.. how urs? is urs brand new from HSM?

tks!

Guest ivanchan

Hi there,

hmm, dat white GT actuali belonged to me....indeed sad to let it go. OLL used to have one last year bt tink he sold it long ago...aft driving it for 6 mths. I owned tis car for almost 1.5 years. bot it new fm HSM. reali nice car n in perfect condition, wif no hiccups in my 9,000 km love wif it...

sigh...

Ivan

Guest goforit

Hi Ivan, how much did u pay for urs last yr? am thinking of buying new but very discouraged when saw the resale value?! heart vs mind.. :)

how's the 0 to 100km pick up for this car? rather heavy car from the specs..

Guest ivanchan

Hi,

Not nice to reveal my purchase price online bt i was amongst the earliest to order tis ride n waited a good 9 months for it to arrive. hah...currently tink HSM sellin it at 428K stock specs....however u hagger, it wil still be above 400K i believe...

n yes, the depre is amazing....bt given its an exotic, n amongst the sexiest cars on the roads, even today, I hav no regrets. I not not a power guy. the V8 plus the sound fm by new Tubis already make me reali happi. BHP stands at 405 horses i tink and i hav no probs beatin most cars if I m in the mood at the lights...bt end of the day, its a cruiser....n shld b treated as one.....reali nice ride.

Cheers

Guest Raskie

I not not a power guy. the V8 plus the sound fm by new Tubis already make me reali happi. BHP stands at 405 horses i tink and i hav no probs beatin most cars if I m in the mood at the lights...bt end of the day, its a cruiser....n shld b treated as one.....reali nice ride.

Awrite ! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Guest goforit

tks for the info, Ivan. am attracted by the nice exhaust note too! am really very tempted to trade in my 6 series for it!

btw, what's ur current ride? why did u sell the GT?

Guest kopimonster

yea...the maser GT's a real nice car, i rate it up there wif AM in terms of sex appeal, really love the exhaust note of those that i have came across on the roads.

btw, any idea how many of them are running on our roads? i heard that they sold like hot cakes when they are available for order.

Guest ivanchan

tks for the info, Ivan. am attracted by the nice exhaust note too! am really very tempted to trade in my 6 series for it!

btw, what's ur current ride? why did u sell the GT?

Personally, I feel that the Tubis is a must on tis V8, unless u gettin the S. The Tubis reali bring out the exhaust to a new high....n yes, I wil go for tis car anytime compared to the 6 bro. totally different....hah. as i am typin, i get sad liao...hah. hmm, y i sell? tink its juz too underutilised as I m seldom in Spore last 6 months. I hav a W221 S350L n a R171 SLK200 as well....also hav a Jaguar XJ6 and another ride......bt lettin the GT go stil hurts the most. hah.

if u do get it, u wont regret....its a great car.

Cheers

Ivan

Guest ivanchan

yea...the maser GT's a real nice car, i rate it up there wif AM in terms of sex appeal, really love the exhaust note of those that i have came across on the roads.

btw, any idea how many of them are running on our roads? i heard that they sold like hot cakes when they are available for order.

I tink easily 70-80 cars on the roads....cld b more. n yes, sold like hot cakes. I waited a good 9 months for the ride, despite bookin it so early. hah...bt the thrill when it arrives was priceless....

Memories...

Guest Sareve

I think the GTS sounds fantastic, especially if fitted with Larani exhausts. I wouldn't mind using one as a daily car, it's practical, reasonably powerful and has enough ground clearance to go anywhere. I remember someone also mentioned that the GTS has a button to open and shut the exhaust valves in order to avoid waking the entire neighbourhood up everytime you go by.

Btw I think the reason why HSM tried to charge you 12k more for a red Maser is because red might be a non-standard colour or because it might have had some other special options that the other cars did not have.

Guest goforit

tks for the feedback Ivan! will check it out this weekend.. so many nice cars around just dont have enough time to enjoy them! R171 SLK200 is a nice ride too.. had it for 3 yrs.. my wife and I love it.. cheers! :)

Guest ivanchan

I think the GTS sounds fantastic, especially if fitted with Larani exhausts. I wouldn't mind using one as a daily car, it's practical, reasonably powerful and has enough ground clearance to go anywhere. I remember someone also mentioned that the GTS has a button to open and shut the exhaust valves in order to avoid waking the entire neighbourhood up everytime you go by.

Btw I think the reason why HSM tried to charge you 12k more for a red Maser is because red might be a non-standard colour or because it might have had some other special options that the other cars did not have.

Tell me abt it.....lots of my neighbors not happi wif me on tis loud car...wif my tubis. hahaha. bt sure organsmic...n try not to be bac too late at nite to avoid unwanted attention fm neighbors lor....can overcome.

hmm, tis car as daily car i dont reali agree bcos of its long front overhang. not so much the front clearance but more of the middle potion gettin hit.....which happened to me couple of times, esp coming out of carparks.

There is stil a used red unit for sale, Jan 2008. Red is not a popular color yet muz pay premium? not advisable IMHO.

my 2 cents.

Cheers

Ivan

Guest ivanchan

tks for the feedback Ivan! will check it out this weekend.. so many nice cars around just dont have enough time to enjoy them! R171 SLK200 is a nice ride too.. had it for 3 yrs.. my wife and I love it.. cheers! :)

Gd luck bro.....let me noe if u need more help or advise on certain rides....

Cheers

Ivan

Guest Sareve

Tell me abt it.....lots of my neighbors not happi wif me on tis loud car...wif my tubis. hahaha. bt sure organsmic...n try not to be bac too late at nite to avoid unwanted attention fm neighbors lor....can overcome.

hmm, tis car as daily car i dont reali agree bcos of its long front overhang. not so much the front clearance but more of the middle potion gettin hit.....which happened to me couple of times, esp coming out of carparks.

There is stil a used red unit for sale, Jan 2008. Red is not a popular color yet muz pay premium? not advisable IMHO.

my 2 cents.

Cheers

Ivan

That's unexpected, I daily drive a 599 and I have no problems going into most car parks. I think it actually has more problems fitting into a normal car park lot than ground clearance issues. Did you lower your Maser?

Did you get the button to open and close the exhaust valves? My friend's GTS has one. Even with my exhaust valves permanently tied open, I can actually get home quite quietly if I just stick to extremely low rpms.

My dad and I were actually considering getting a GTS for my mom as her daily driver, why did you not like to use it as a daily car?

Guest ivanchan

Hi,

only the GTS has the open/close valve button. my 4.2 GT does not come wif it. N my super duper loud exhaust is bcos of my Tubis, esp the 1st batch of Tubis.....hah. bt I had changed it to a new Tubi juz recently and it is no longer as loud, but more bassy...

Agree fully on the fitting into the lots. I did not lower my ride but I bot the Skyhook suspension factory fitted from Italy. Presume its slightly lower then stock....n some "common" carparks I may scrap my ride is Serene Centre in Bukit Timah and even Taka basement carpark...n dats abt all I wld hav tried...hah.

Hope tis info helps....maybe gettin the stock suspension may be gd....

Cheers

Guest goforit

tks for the pointers. Bro Ivan. appreciate it! may be one of these days we can catch up for kopi and talk more! am born to love cars.. ferrari, lambo.. aston martin.. so many cars so little time in town.. go other countries take taxi?! that's life i guess..

Guest ivanchan

tks for the pointers. Bro Ivan. appreciate it! may be one of these days we can catch up for kopi and talk more! am born to love cars.. ferrari, lambo.. aston martin.. so many cars so little time in town.. go other countries take taxi?! that's life i guess..

Sure bro n keep in touch....

Cheers

Ivan

• 11 months later...