• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Mercedes = Comfort?

Guest nala

I'm a little disappointed after driving my new FL w204.

Still feel bumpy everyday when I drive along expressways, etc.

Are there anything I can do to improve the comfort level? :)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blackmercs
I'm a little disappointed after driving my new FL w204.

Still feel bumpy everyday when I drive along expressways, etc.

Are there anything I can do to improve the comfort level? :)

U didnt mods anything rite. When go over the steep or any hump. Yr butt feel is hard (stiff) or soft? Yr stock rims is 16" or 17"?

1. It will get better after a few thousand km, depending on your driving style. The absorbers are still new and stiff.

2. Before you do anything, go to a tyre shop and check the tyre pressure, chances are the tyres are overinflated. Happened to me a 2x when I collected my previous new rides. Tyre pressure was 280kpa when it's supposed to be 240 only! :lol:

Hope it helps!

1. It will get better after a few thousand km, depending on your driving style. The absorbers are still new and stiff.

2. Before you do anything, go to a tyre shop and check the tyre pressure, chances are the tyres are overinflated. Happened to me a 2x when I collected my previous new rides. Tyre pressure was 280kpa when it's supposed to be 240 only! :lol:

Hope it helps!

Thanks man. Ya. I've went back to c and c to check. Basically just lowered the pressure.

I'll drive a few more K.

Guest blackmercs
Feel very stiff. Didn't mod anything. I've got the stock rims 17" + conti sport 5 from c&c. Wondering if changing my suspension would solve the prob.

Strange!! Stocks setup usually are soft!! Anyway, give it a few more k or give it a E brake couple of time to "wake up" whatever!! :)

Guest Cklasse

This W204 suspension is stiff because it's avantgarde trim. I feel that my FL W204 is more bumpy than my previous W203 Elegance. I should have ordered an Elegance W204 since I have added options.

Guest io5885

i thought the diff btw elegance trim n avantgarde trim is the amount of accessories, diff front grill, diff grade of leather for seats, etc.

If its on diff suspension setup, shld not it be between elegance/avantgarde versus AMG?

Like for AMG sports package, its lowering of springs n separate SPORTS mode on dashboard..

My guess is suspension setup is for W204s is stiffer than W203s.

BUT does anybody feels Singapore roads are getting bumpier with each passing day?? :angry:

can happy happy dig here dig there, open n close sesame.. :lol:

My FL W204 comes with AMG package with lower spring and 17' AMG rim. The ride was ok until i upgrade to a 18' rim, that was when i felt the ride was very bumpy, noisy and sensitive! My steering react with the uneven ground and making it very stressful to drive.... :(

Guest kepiting1sg

Avantagarde generally has a lowered suspension than Elegance! IIRC 15mm

Has anyone notice nowadays that it's hard to find a stretch of road without patches due to diggings & diggings?

Guest Phang

Has anyone notice nowadays that it's hard to find a stretch of road without patches due to diggings & diggings?

Got! The stretch of road in front of Vistana :)

Guest MrAYeo

Seriously, I feel that even the NS highway is smoother than Singapore road. I feel that it is the skills of Singapore road pavers nowadays. Perhaps, this is also the reason why the F1 drivers complained that our roads are super bumpy despite our claims that the top materials were used.

Guest tzehou

Yeah man! Come to think of it, quite true. The roads in SG got different shades of color :lol:

When I drive my car, I sometimes though I was in Batam. NB.... 1st class transport system! :blush: When I was in Tokyo late last year, I was very surpried that their road conditions. SOlid man. Jaw almost dropped. The country is so clean and the roads are black and smooth.

Now I understand why you bought the ML. Hiaz... even with a slighty faster and lower slung car, when driven in SG, the whole car bouncing up and down... macham like taking the BatamFast ferry to Batam/Bintan.

• 1 month later...

My FL W204 comes with AMG package with lower spring and 17' AMG rim. The ride was ok until i upgrade to a 18' rim, that was when i felt the ride was very bumpy, noisy and sensitive! My steering react with the uneven ground and making it very stressful to drive.... :(

Hmm..any other bros on 18" and above facing such issue? Was planning to upsize mine from stock 17" thanks!

When you change to larger rims, you get thinner tires.

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

• 3 months later...

no problems with them digging here and there, the real problem is the lack of skills (or good materials) to patch them up NICELY.

machiam like my primary school art/craft work.

yes.. initially i was also surprised that i still feel road bumps in a merc.. (if they start selling hovercrafts, i'll probably go for it instead!)

i've already given up the idea of upsizing my stock rims.. otherwise sure kenna suan by my dad again :lol:

Indeed the current FL W204 is more bumpier. I can feel the suspension is just too stiff for a sedan with stock setup. The feel is almost like an aftermarket suspension based on personal experience.

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

I totally understand what you mean bro nala, I'm also getting a little worked up with my W212 with sports tuned Direct Control suspension, 15mm lowered springs. Although this setting is drive for "chiong" but just too bumpy for daily drive, especially with family.

I called Pandan and there are now getting approval from Daimler for my car to convert to standard Avantgarde (non lowered suspension) and Direct Control suspension with Confort setting.

I totally understand what you mean bro nala, I'm also getting a little worked up with my W212 with sports tuned Direct Control suspension, 15mm lowered springs. Although this setting is drive for "chiong" but just too bumpy for daily drive, especially with family.

I called Pandan and there are now getting approval from Daimler for my car to convert to standard Avantgarde (non lowered suspension) and Direct Control suspension with Confort setting.

Thanks. This helps me decide against the Bilstein/Eibach combination.

Hi guys, I gonna my car about 8 months now. And I agreed with TS that W204 is definitely bumpy. And really very uncomfortable. Especially recently a lot of cable work and road work, it's making it even worse. I personally stay in the central area, if you drive along river valley road, it is like having surfing. Anyway, I send my car a few times to C&C to check. They said that everything is normal and due to the AV version, suspension are harder but when cornering, the whole car is more stable. Haix... Feel like changing man!!!! I want to change to E class!

I love my 3-pointed star!