• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

About JBL MS-8

Guest rx8king

Guest rx8king

Dear brothers,

Newbie here! I bought an e200k, near 2008 FL model comes with factory Audio 20 with CD changer. I read threads of MS 8 from this forum and tempted to go for it. I have the following questions, hopefully some brothers can enlighten me:

1) I am not sure whether my system fitted with factory amp hiding some where, if this the case, am I right to say that I can just add the MS 8 without additional amp to improve the sound staging?

2) If the existing speakers are driven by the integrated amp from Audio 20, then, I also have to add amps?

Kam Siah!

Guest kepiting1sg
Dear brothers,

Newbie here! I bought an e200k, near 2008 FL model comes with factory Audio 20 with CD changer. I read threads of MS 8 from this forum and tempted to go for it. I have the following questions, hopefully some brothers can enlighten me:

1) I am not sure whether my system fitted with factory amp hiding some where, if this the case, am I right to say that I can just add the MS 8 without additional amp to improve the sound staging?

2) If the existing speakers are driven by the integrated amp from Audio 20, then, I also have to add amps?

Kam Siah!

The MS-8 is both a processor & amp. It has also has pre-outs if u wanna upgrade with new amps & speakers/subwoofers.

It should have enough channels to drive your factory speakers.

For more info:

http://ms8-eu.jbl.com/

• 1 year later...

I am also a newbie. Does MS-8 allow tuning with optimum listening position for all 4 seating postions front and rear seats, or is it same as conventional tuning with only driver seat optimise with best sweet spot?

Any good installer to recommend with good tuning skill?

Hi Bro

Can I know how much it cost you to get the HK SA810 and who did the installed ?

Appreciate.

Harman Kardon system would cost an arm and a leg to retrofit. It's way cheaper and much easier (less invasive to the car) for it to be factory fitted.

Retrofitting HK cause many arms and legs and you also need to run the wiring looms over your internal ceiling.

Not done properly, the ceiling cloth may sag and the running wiring loom and extra speakers involve lots of labor and time.

HK system -

http://mercedes.harmankardon.com/en/vehicles/c-class/technical.aspx

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

• 3 months later...

Front speaker only

Mind to share which brand of speakers? Does it fit nicely to the original speaker holes without modifying or cutting? I believe you are running active right? I am searching for a good pair of front speakers.

Does the MS8 affect the car performance? My experience from my previous car that it does affect slightly with my amp and subwoofer installed. When I dekit to sell my car, I can feel a slight gain in power back.

• Like 1

German maestro speaker. No need drill but need a adaptor as the speaker is slightly bigger than stock. This speaker is not say good just decent. Good speaker need the other part of system to be upgraded too which i did not.

MS8 will not affect performance as it is light and consume low ampere since it is not really a power amp. Your previous experience could be due to weight.. you be surprise a hi end set can weigh alot.. esp with customised enclosure. It may also suck the juice out of the alternator so ampere to other car unit get reduce which might affect performance.

This is my setup. I had discussions with many audio Sifu's around the world...on many forums...This is for a Comand NTG on a C class

May be of use for audio enthusiasts

post-4108-0-84281400-1378713215_thumb.jpg

BobVEN

Proud Owner of Merc C200 CGI

---------------------------------------------

Pioneer HU P99RS for Sale ! Please click the link below..

http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/14541-pioneer-dex-p99rs-component-cd-receiver-for-sale/

Launch Creader VIII+ OBD2 Scanner for Sale ! Please click the link below

http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/14558-obd2-scanner-launch-creader-8-for-sale/

• 2 months later...

Hey many thanks Ody for Ah Boon's contact.

Another question if I may.  I'm just purchased (but still waiting for) an A200 with the standard Audio 20 and have read that the sound is not great.  Thinking very much of installing the MS-8 but also tempted to upgrade the speakers.  I can't however seem to find any details about how many or what kind of speakers are in the car and since I don't have the car yet I can't physically check.  My questions are:

- How many speakers are in the car?  6?  Components in front door?

- How big should the replacement speakers be?

- Does it come with an amp or is it powered by the headunit.

- Does it come with a subwoofer or center speaker?

If anyone does know and would share, it will be so so great.  Thanks.

Sound is selective.. some think stock is good enuff..

I had moved from $20k system to just MS-8 with a changed front pair.. 

My advise is no matter what people said just listen to stock first.. if really not up to your expectation then change it.. And believe me.. there's no end to it.. 

Met a audio nut recently.. his four Amps itself is over $20k.. speakers at over $10k easily.. his setup can buy half COE liao..

btw good speaker without decent amp is a waste.. match this and that all cost $$

My SE confirmed that the Audio 20 in the A Class comes with 6 speakers.  It has no amp, no subwoofer and no center speaker.  My best guess would be a set of components in the front door and a set of coaxials in the rear.  Think I could try the stock with the ms-8 first just to see and upgrade the speakers if need be.  Thanks.

My SE confirmed that the Audio 20 in the A Class comes with 6 speakers.  It has no amp, no subwoofer and no center speaker.  My best guess would be a set of components in the front door and a set of coaxials in the rear.  Think I could try the stock with the ms-8 first just to see and upgrade the speakers if need be.  Thanks.

IMHO,

Changing the front stock speakers more likely to cost you less than MS-8

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)