• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

NIGHTMARE!!! C200 Died on me!! HELP!!

Guest aflop

Hi, i had the same problem sometime back. I know all about it, the C200 2008-2010 has this problem with the steering lock. You r right about the green key, need to order from germany and it is a security issue to safe guard your car after the lock is fix. It does take sometime for the key to arrive if you are not doing it with C&C. It will cost you between $3-4 K . You know what i manage to drive the car till the key arrive, I got my C200 repaired at auto spritze , look for Ah Heng. It was sunder warranty then. if you need to talk send me an sms at 97571402. I am away now. Cheers

sorry to bring up this thread. C200 got this problem, but c180? Cos i have similar issues but my mechanic tested and says its the ignition starter swtich that failed. He took out the ignition starter swtich and start the car (using some workshop method) and everything worked fine including steering lock.

But the symptions of engine not starting is almost the same

Go back to See&See for this Green Key issue. The cost is much cheaper and comes with warranty too. Not sure for PI car.

Go back to See&See for this Green Key issue. The cost is much cheaper and comes with warranty too. Not sure for PI car.

ok thanks. Understand. So this issue is actually cheaper for CnC cos its a very delicate item and needs programming from Germany whereas for PI cars, its a very difficult item to get thats why cost more?

ok thanks. Understand. So this issue is actually cheaper for CnC cos its a very delicate item and needs programming from Germany whereas for PI cars, its a very difficult item to get thats why cost more?

No idea in details why See&See charge much cheaper than outside workshop.

Shit lah, just got my c200. Die liao. Everyday in the morning must pray before going out... :)

Bro, dont worry lar....just take each day as it comes and enjoy your ride...if it comes it comes...if it does come count as a blessing.... :)

Spoon feeding teaches you nothing....but the shape of the spoon...

Shit lah, just got my c200. Die liao. Everyday in the morning must pray before going out...:)

The symptom is the moment u insert yr key you would hear a loud "tat" sound than the usual. So be prepared or get it sorted out before it hit you. This information was given by a member to me. Hope this helps!!

The symptom is the moment u insert yr key you would hear a loud "tat" sound than the usual. So be prepared or get it sorted out before it hit you. This information was given by a member to me. Hope this helps!!

Since this is related to steering lock, i wonder will this happen if we do not use our steering lock? Cos for me it happened when my car was on steering lock and parked overnight

• Like 1

Since this is related to steering lock, i wonder will this happen if we do not use our steering lock? Cos for me it happened when my car was on steering lock and parked overnight

How not to use steering lock??

Dismantle steering wheel.. bring home every night. .

Orh!! Mr Bean style!!

Hi Bros,

I just at this issue last week when i could not start my car. I call up the workshop and he told me it will cost 3k plus and have to take 2 weeks to repair. i went back to the dealer and complain to them that i bought the car from them not barely 2 months old and now problem come. they claim that this is wear & tear issue so warranty is not include, i was so angry that i bang table on them, finally they willing to fork up the damage at C&C. Total damage at C&C $1311 and it take 2 days only...

If bros face same problem advise is to bring back to C&C

• 2 years later...

Just to share.

This green key " cancer" hit me 2 days ago....

Downtime 4 to 5 days. Damage: 2k

Sigh.

Wondering does it happen to most mb cars. Or just me being suay.

This seemed to be another time bomb other than the other so-called common problem with ECU motherboard of W204.

Bro, did you got it fixed at CnC? The last I heard CnC was charging 1.6K.

This seemed to be another time bomb other than the other so-called common problem with ECU motherboard of W204.

Bro, did you got it fixed at CnC? The last I heard CnC was charging 1.6K.

Nope. Was intro by another bro to go to K auto.

Quoted 3k by C&C as I am not under warranty.

There goes my bonus.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...