• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Sunshades for merc cars

Guest tsktsk

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I purchased this original UVS-100 sunshade from www.mbonline.com, using bongo international shipping, it ended up costing me ~S$140...but Í am so glad I bought it. Because of the thick folding design, it is easy to put on, very sturdy, effective in reflecting heat and keeping interior cooler (unlike the common soft reflectivefoam type you can find locally, flimsy and because it's thin, transfers heat into the car after a short while under the sun)..but most of all it's original with MB logo!! B)

UVS-100 Sunshade.bmp

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late reply. Been busy with work.

According to the manufacturer, they only have fitted sun shades for the following MB models:

E Class (W124) 85~95 (sedan)

E Class (W210) 95~02

E Class (W211) 02~09

They are willing to customise the fitted sun shades for the C Class (W204) only if there is an order for 20 units.

Price is around S$110 excluding freight and their delivery lead time is around 2 months.

This is because their current production capacity is really full now.

(make drawing --> prototype making --> testing --> (revise adjust, if any) --> production)

I am not sure if you guys are still keen. If there is sufficient interest, I will organise the group buy for it.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

this item is very cool for our W204 ride. but i source online, ebay seller does not ship to spore. in the end i place my order from amazon.

I purchased this original UVS-100 sunshade from www.mbonline.com, using bongo international shipping, it ended up costing me ~S$140...but Í am so glad I bought it. Because of the thick folding design, it is easy to put on, very sturdy, effective in reflecting heat and keeping interior cooler (unlike the common soft reflectivefoam type you can find locally, flimsy and because it's thin, transfers heat into the car after a short while under the sun)..but most of all it's original with MB logo!! B)

Victoria Concordia Crescit

Translation: Victory grows out of harmony.

• 2 weeks later...

Eh, actually it looks quite chio leh...

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

Seller is BMW of Towson

Item cost 80 bucks sing dollars

Is the shipping charges that kills me.

But I feel the Amt spent I'd worth

bro which amazon seller you bought from? price? thanks.

• 3 months later...

just post this pix for the sake of fellow brothers.

I had been using this for the past rides (diff ride diff cutting etc).

my comments, fitting is not 100% for our ride.

on my previous rides was almost 100% (last ride) others ride 85-90%

E is still OK, satisfaction level, if my std 70-80% good.

accordinglyto source for the C not so fitting, but can try.

If u are interested can look for Blackmercs, I passed him the contact, so that he can bring in to save cost for fellow bro.

img4819h.jpg

img4816j.jpg

• 1 month later...

anyone free to offer his C class coupe for me to test whether my current sunshade fit a coupe or not? i staying around woodland area. i willing to drive to his or her house area

to my surprise. the shade arrived early than expected.

IMG_0676.jpg