• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Advise on E200 or E250 7g saloon

Guest sean

Guest allen69

Jumpstart wrote:

It was a bad decision. But my previous car gearbox was starting to show it's ugly head and I worried it might not last another month. There were only 2 units left that was loaded with Comand, other color was a dark brown one but was a Elegance model. But I like bi-xeonons hence have to take the diamond white models. Prefer darker colors as I seldom wash my car.

Anyway, i have to move on with the decision. Actually prefer the 5 series but the rear is too small and seemingly, reliability is poor(this is hearsay, never owned a BMW before)

Most important is the ride, ignore the color and enjoy it.

Diamond white is super chio, and with an 18" All black rim even more machio :becky:

5 series look great and drive well but reliability is really an issue.

Guest blackmercs

MBCY wrote:

what is the difference btw diamond white and calcite white? if i remember the SE said, diamond white is a $2800 option.

Welcome!! Do a search "vincemerz" all the answer is there!! He has done alot of research on this color white. I must say he is the expert by now.

Guest kepiting1sg

MBCY wrote:

what is the difference btw diamond white and calcite white? if i remember the SE said, diamond white is a $2800 option.

IIRC Diamond White is Pearl White which has a "pearl effect"

Guest blackmercs

MBCY wrote:

thanks for the info

done a search on vincemerz. now i know why u say he has all the answers. :becky:

Lolz dont play play, dont any how mention about white is not nice etc!!

blackmercs wrote:

Lolz dont play play, dont any how mention about white is not nice etc!!

on the contary, i think white with black pana roof looks great. but i wont pay for the diamond white yah.

vincemerz wrote:

Diamond white is metallic white. U see the metallic finish like the obsidian black.

Calcite white is the flat white in other words non metallic white.

think of diamond white as the one that sparkles like a diamond! :cool:

Guest blackmercs

vincemerz wrote:

Diamond white is metallic white. U see the metallic finish like the obsidian black.

Calcite white is the flat white in other words non metallic white.

White expert!! What about mercs taxi color? Is it Calcite white?

Guest vincemerz

blackmercs wrote:

White expert!! What about mercs taxi color? Is it Calcite white?

According to c and c, taxi white is neither calcite white nor diamond white.

Was told it's solid white. Maybe they paint themselves. Haha

vincemerz wrote:

According to c and c, taxi white is neither calcite white nor diamond white.

Was told it's solid white. Maybe they paint themselves. Haha

i like white... in fact taxis come in black and silver as well.... but white is nice... esp diamond white..

Guest Jumpstart

Diamond white does not sparkles like diamond. It has a tint of grey, pink and yellow. Without natural light, it look slightly yellow. Under the sun, it look white but do not notice it sparkle, a shadow of grey at the creases. For sure diamonds are not this color!

skid wrote:

think of diamond white as the one that sparkles like a diamond! :cool:

Guest vincemerz

Jumpstart wrote:

Diamond white does not sparkles like diamond. It has a tint of grey, pink and yellow. Without natural light, it look slightly yellow. Under the sun, it look white but do not notice it sparkle, a shadow of grey at the creases. For sure diamonds are not this color!

diamond white definitely dont sparkle like diamond.

neither is it pink, yellow or grey.

without natural light, calcite and diamond white is dirty white close to yellowish white.

your diamond white will sparkle only at night shimery white when you drive it clean and the night lights shine on it. ;>

Guest Jumpstart

Close inspection of the paint work, I noticed speckles of silver pigment under the clear coat, so that makes it a metallic paint?

Just spend 2 hour washing the car, there is some road grime near the fenders that wouldn't come off.

Also used glass polish on the front wind screen, hope the wiper shudder will stop.....

Guest vincemerz

Jumpstart wrote:

Close inspection of the paint work, I noticed speckles of silver pigment under the clear coat, so that makes it a metallic paint?

Just spend 2 hour washing the car, there is some road grime near the fenders that wouldn't come off.

Also used glass polish on the front wind screen, hope the wiper shudder will stop.....

Yes the speckles of silver means metallic.

Juddering of wipers for Ma sai Li is quite common.