• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Advise on E200 or E250 7g saloon

Guest sean

Guest chippy_sg

vincemerz wrote:

Mr chippy bought e 200 and sure gonna mod the wheels pretty soon.... Knowing him,,,, hahaha as well as the lights....

No la no more mods!! The sports kit plus twin exhaust n bi xenon standard good enough for now

but the brabus kit looks quite awesome!!!!

chippy_sg wrote:

No la no more mods!! The sports kit plus twin exhaust n bi xenon standard good enough for now

but the brabus kit looks quite awesome!!!!

Your E200 is elegance or avantgarde?:confused:

chippy_sg wrote:

Avantgarde, the 125 anniversary edition

Then it must be very nice with the bi-xenon lights and twin quad exhaust. So I think your car will have the blinds at the passenger seat and the electric roller blind at the rear window.:music:

Guest chippy_sg

kai wrote:

Then it must be very nice with the bi-xenon lights and twin quad exhaust. So I think your car will have the blinds at the passenger seat and the electric roller blind at the rear window.:music:

Thanks I asked but my se says I don't have the blinds only twin exhaust not quad la but it does come with command n the universal media interface

chippy_sg wrote:

Thanks I asked but my se says I don't have the blinds only twin exhaust not quad la but it does come with command n the universal media interface

But I saw on the road the new E-class all have twin quad exhaust pipes? Is yours the 7 g-tronic? It is nice to come with the command too! Mine don't have command and only one exhaust and is CGI only :Cry:

chippy_sg wrote:

congrats on your new ride bro! have fun with it! :becky:

Guest chippy_sg

kai wrote:

But I saw on the road the new E-class all have twin quad exhaust pipes? Is yours the 7 g-tronic? It is nice to come with the command too! Mine don't have command and only one exhaust and is CGI only :Cry:

Well it's the squarish exhaust at each end n yes it's 7g tronic. Oh ya I forgot to mention the other difference between e200 n e250 is that gear stick for the e200 is as per normal but the e250 is placed behind the steering wheel.

Guest Jumpstart

I'm driving me E200 avantgarde for also 3 weeks now. Felt the tyres noise is quite high. Mine is the sports 125 edition, given the wider tyres I guess it's only natural that noise level is higher. Do you guys feel that the car would start to pull left after about 200 meters. My SE said its normal, is it true?

Picked the wrong color too, diamond white. Look like shit when it's dirty, look like a taxi when it's clean.

Also, the Comand is a pain to use...

Guest blackmercs

Jumpstart wrote:

I'm driving me E200 avantgarde for also 3 weeks now. Felt the tyres noise is quite high. Mine is the sports 125 edition, given the wider tyres I guess it's only natural that noise level is higher. Do you guys feel that the car would start to pull left after about 200 meters. My SE said its normal, is it true?

Picked the wrong color too, diamond white. Look like shit when it's dirty, look like a taxi when it's clean.

Wow sound like a bad choice!! Since the decision is made, why not try to manage all the issues?

1) wrong choice color? Mine is a british SUV & is white in color too. A weekly wash will take of care of the dirt thingy.

2) steering aligment out - tell yr SE to stop bullshit u. Go to the service center & demand an alignment check to get it straighten. If not, go to any reliable workshop to get it straighten which cost less than $100.

3) Command is a pain in the neck? Ok change to a normal Audio 20 with the bro here & get top up with cash too. I m sure there are many bru here willingly to swap from you if yr price is right!! Else, learn how to fully uitilise it. There are good features like using yr voice for selection of mode. Its also comes with Ipod, DVD etc these are the stuffs that are many of us are dying to get it hook up to our ride which dose not comes with command!!

4) Tyres - whats the existing brand? Is it conti? Just get it change to yr preferences with $ top up. Do a search in the forum for yr choice.

Hope the above suggestion helps, enjoy yr ride. Orh!! Almost forget!! Welcome to our forum!!!

Jumpstart wrote:

Why did you choose white? :shocked: I heard from a Mercs Taxi driver that his company is purchasing the white new E-class for replacement of the older mercs :frusty:

Guest vincemerz

Wa Lao bro, dont say diamond white look like shit leh. I also diamond white.

Your consolation is if one day taxi e class use white their white is solid white. Won't be your diamond white as diamond white is a premium colour and mostly used in cls350.

White of course dirty not chio la. Bit if u choose white must be you are a white car person. So no need complain the colour.

Personally IMO I think merc best colour that makes the E class stand out is Obisidian black! Looks real nice!

As for tyres noisy not true la. Should be ok. Mine quiet leh. Mine Pirelli p zero.

vincemerz wrote:

I'm still curious. Why choose white in the first place? Since no matter dirty or clean you also hate it?????

If really so go respray la. 3k settle it.

maybe he wanted take delivery fast and ex-stock colour only got white?

vincemerz wrote:

Wa Lao bro, dont say diamond white look like shit leh. I also diamond white.

Your consolation is if one day taxi e class use white their white is solid white. Won't be your diamond white as diamond white is a premium colour and mostly used in cls350.

White of course dirty not chio la. Bit if u choose white must be you are a white car person. So no need complain the colour.

Personally IMO I think merc best colour that makes the E class stand out is Obisidian black! Looks real nice!

As for tyres noisy not true la. Should be ok. Mine quiet leh. Mine Pirelli p zero.

Oohhh.... Cool man ! Cool ... ! Okokok Diamond white nice ok ? Kekeke..... Buay tahan arh ! Can't take it that ppl say it's taxi colour hah ? Hehehe...., :bounce::bounce:

Guest vincemerz

6008 wrote:

Oohhh.... Cool man ! Cool ... ! Okokok Diamond white nice ok ? Kekeke..... Buay tahan arh ! Can't take it that ppl say it's taxi colour hah ? Hehehe...., :bounce::bounce:

Tangs everybody tangs

Haha no la. Just really wondering why choose white when really hate it....? Trying to understand the situation on buyer behavior... Psychology for sales.

Guest vincemerz

Jumpstart wrote:

I took one of the last 2 units available that was installed with Comand. Only diamond white were left. Tyres are Bridgestone RE50A.

Just because of comand you chose diamond white? ????

That's like trading 5k for 230k!

Guest Jumpstart

It was a bad decision. But my previous car gearbox was starting to show it's ugly head and I worried it might not last another month. There were only 2 units left that was loaded with Comand, other color was a dark brown one but was a Elegance model. But I like bi-xeonons hence have to take the diamond white models. Prefer darker colors as I seldom wash my car.

Anyway, i have to move on with the decision. Actually prefer the 5 series but the rear is too small and seemingly, reliability is poor(this is hearsay, never owned a BMW before)

Guest vincemerz

Jumpstart wrote:

It was a bad decision. But my previous car gearbox was starting to show it's ugly head and I worried it might not last another month. There were only 2 units left that was loaded with Comand, other color was a dark brown one but was a Elegance model. But I like bi-xeonons hence have to take the diamond white models. Prefer darker colors as I seldom wash my car.

Anyway, i have to move on with the decision. Actually prefer the 5 series but the rear is too small and seemingly, reliability is poor(this is hearsay, never owed a BMW before)

Ya agreed 5 series rear is very small.. But the seats are much more comfortable than e class

Jumpstart wrote:

Actually I find the Merc more comfortable. 5 series rear seat seems more upright, coupled with less legroom make it less comfortable on long journey.

Bro . Everything is good except for the colour right ? Do some cosmetic on the body and make it look better . Approach bro blackmerc during our outings and ask him for advice on cosmetic . He did a good job on his ride . Cheers !