• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Advise on E200 or E250 7g saloon

Guest sean

Hi, considering between this 2 models as well as getting Elegance or Advantgarde from CNC...

quite tempted by their E125 styling with 22,500 promo and possible delivery b4 CNY...

price between E200 & 250 is 12k...

Any advise? any major diff?

I'm new to conti cars... but Merc is the brand i'll go for comparing with all others...

sean wrote:

Hi, considering between this 2 models as well as getting Elegance or Advantgarde from CNC...

quite tempted by their E125 styling with 22,500 promo and possible delivery b4 CNY...

I'm new to conti cars... but Merc is the brand i'll go for comparing with all others...

Hi ! If $ is not a concern , go for E250 Advantgarde AMG sports . You won't regret ! Happy searching !

sean wrote:

hi, personally i like the Elegance trim better than the Avantgarde.. but thats a personal choice.. as far as E200/E250 go, many reports have suggested that the e200 has a better city driving feel compared to e250.

As far as the interior goes, there are sublte differences between e250/e200 but negligeble differences would sum it up.

My suggestion - drive both, see what you like and move on from there.

good luck with your purchase

Guest vincemerz

kai wrote:

What do you mean "will last a long time"?:confused:

Generally IMO, I think the AMG look is very nice which means you will feel shiok looking at it which means until you find something looking nicer, then you will change, if not most likely you stay with your AMG ride and drive for a long time.

The other look I think very very nice is the M5 sport package.

Jumpstart wrote:

My heart says E250 avantegarde but my head says E200.

20hp more is not worth 12k.

Thx all for the prompt responses.

12k diff is between E250/200 same specs.

They now throw in further 5k service credit....

dam tempting... probably this round not so many ppl bidded??

alll must close b4 coming bidding...

still considering... intention to drive not more than 3 yrs..

as for AMG package i not so keen... cause planning to save some for next change in 2014/5...

no mod for me too...

shall i wait look see or book....

sean wrote:

as for AMG package i not so keen... cause planning to save some for next change in 2014/5...

no mod for me too...

COE quota cutting further . What you think ? Don't hesitate . Buy the sooner the better . Cheers !

Guest chippy_sg

sean wrote:

no mod for me too...

u are in the same predicament i was in last week.... in my case i managed to get a great trade in for my c180k pre FL plus i didnt have many colours to choose from as stock was running out. I booked my e200 with tenori grey/ black. Last i heard they are not going to stock the cars with command as well. Y i went with e250? Well similarly i couldnt justify paying 12k more for 20 more horses with the same specs... like u i will save for my next upgrade in the e class maybe then i can afford the e350 or stomach the diesel model's road tax :)

Guest chiaster

so did you get the 200 or the 250? :confused:

chippy_sg wrote:

I booked my e200 with tenori grey/ black. Last i heard they are not going to stock the cars with command as well. Y i went with e250? Well similarly i couldnt justify paying 12k more for 20 more horses with the same specs... like u i will save for my next upgrade in the e class maybe then i can afford the e350 or stomach the diesel model's road tax :)

vincemerz wrote:

if like that i think e200 avantgarde ba.. easy drive

Just went down the CnC.. they say e200 avangarde might not bring in.. only elegance model. Reason is 4K more ppl can get the e250 avangarde.. so no pt.

bomby wrote:

Just went down the CnC.. they say e200 avangarde might not bring in.. only elegance model. Reason is 4K more ppl can get the e250 avangarde.. so no pt.

Yeah understand that E200 avangarade has no ex-stock/incoming stock at this point. Need to wait.

manu74 wrote:

Yeah understand that E200 avangarade has no ex-stock/incoming stock at this point. Need to wait.

Ex-stock got 2.. one white brown leather and one blueish tone with grey leather

chippy_sg wrote:

i couldnt justify paying 12k more for 20 more horses with the same specs... like u i will save for my next upgrade in the e class maybe then i can afford the e350 or stomach the diesel model's road tax :)

E250 also comes with blinds on the back passenger seats and an electric roller blind on the rear window :becky: besides the extra 20 horsepower :shocked:

Guest vincemerz

chiaster wrote:

so did you get the 200 or the 250? :confused:

Mr chippy bought e 200 and sure gonna mod the wheels pretty soon.... Knowing him,,,, hahaha as well as the lights....

Guest chippy_sg

kai wrote:

E250 also comes with blinds on the back passenger seats and an electric roller blind on the rear window :becky: besides the extra 20 horsepower :shocked:

Haha bro yes blinds as well 12k a bit rich for me