• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Gone over to the dark side....

Guest st8800

Dear Brothers

I just pulled the trigger today for the BMW 523 Highline at PML. My last chance to catch the famed N54 6 cylinders engine before they change it to 2 litre turbos.

Since I have owned 2 mercs, W203 and present W211, I just wanted to try something different. My 2 choices was BMW 523 and Audi A6 (C7). Tested drive the BMW twice. Really feels like a 7 series in a 5 series skin. Very impressed. I6 acoustics is very infectious, the more you hear the deep throated engine roar, the more u want to rev it. I got a prettry good deal too. 18k discount and a very high overtrade.

As for the A6, I also tested the 2.8 and 2.0. Felt that the features not up to par for a luxury saloon. The 3.0 yes but not the other 2. The 2.8 has some character in the V6 engine but sparce features and I think my limit to go up was 2.5l for roadtax. The 2.0 is a CVT engine, torque is good enough even though it is only 180 bhp (SE agreed to mtm to 220bhp for me). Engine is quiet enough, just feels it lacks character. I didn't know what "lack character" in the reviews means until I test drove the car myself.

It's been a blast here... I think this forum is 2nd to none with people like Unker Batam and Kelvin to support.

Hope to see u guys around during Beemer meetup! :hand::bounce:

Guest jhun_4040

st8800 wrote:

Dear Brothers

I just pulled the trigger today for the BMW 523 Highline at PML. My last chance to catch the famed N54 6 cylinders engine before they change it to 2 litre turbos.

Since I have owned 2 mercs, W203 and present W211, I just wanted to try something different. My 2 choices was BMW 523 and Audi A6 (C7). Tested drive the BMW twice. Really feels like a 7 series in a 5 series skin. Very impressed. I6 acoustics is very infectious, the more you hear the deep throated engine roar, the more u want to rev it. I got a prettry good deal too. 18k discount and a very high overtrade.

As for the A6, I also tested the 2.8 and 2.0. Felt that the features not up to par for a luxury saloon. The 3.0 yes but not the other 2. The 2.8 has some character in the V6 engine but sparce features and I think my limit to go up was 2.5l for roadtax. The 2.0 is a CVT engine, torque is good enough even though it is only 180 bhp (SE agreed to mtm to 220bhp for me). Engine is quiet enough, just feels it lacks character. I didn't know what "lack character" in the reviews means until I test drove the car myself.

It's been a blast here... I think this forum is 2nd to none with people like Unker Batam and Kelvin to support.

We will see you soon !! lol !!! but still welcome to the AMG event yar !!!!!!!

Guest arshavin

before i decided on C180K, i also went to visit the dark side. I was aiming the new Series 1. but their SE offered me a much lower overtrade for my old car and counter offer me a better overtrade for their series 3. i say NO because i know a new n better series 3 is coming next year.

i must admit your series 5 is a good buy.

Guest hkhamateur

st8800 wrote:

Yes Unker Batam, u are right, I will still be around. Notice u are still active at VAGSG even though u are no longer driving your Audi. :becky:

Yes bro, be e second who'll still b active in our forum, la Kopi, gtg n AMG. :becky:

There's no barrel between wat ride u hve or u got! As u re awared tat we ve bros who drove Land Rover, Evo9 Evo10, Legency etc..joing our event at times. :whistle:

Guest chiaster

congratulations on your new ride, mate... :becky:

the 5 is a very nice car to drive... enjoy it! :thumb:

st8800 wrote:

Dear Brothers

Thanks brothers.... this forum really the most active in S'pore. I will still stick around... no worries. Will post pics of my new ride... coming out early Nov. Typical poison this time around... bodykit, 20" rims + lowering springs!

st8800 wrote:

Thanks brothers.... this forum really the most active in S'pore. I will still stick around... no worries. Will post pics of my new ride... coming out early Nov. Typical poison this time around... bodykit, 20" rims + lowering springs!

Bro , yes 1 of my dream ride...

:becky::becky::becky::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Guest hkhamateur

st8800 wrote:

Wow....new 5 series! Nicz......:becky:

Rem to drive ard carpark F on our mthly GTG hor! :bounce:

Guest hkhamateur

jonny7733 wrote:

my nick is jonleeck in bmwsg...

i also went to pml to enquire..however i will be going for the 520.:whistle:

Wow..another 5 series! :becky:

Which bros goin fr 5 aso? :shocked:

just make it 555. :bounce:

Guest chiaster

the 5 is really very nice if you kit it up fully with a 20" set-up for the wheels together with dropping of the height... big enough for our roads and comfortable for passengers... it reminds me of a fully done up Honda Accord Euro (JDM - CL7)... big Honda, good power, comfortable, fierce look... :thumb: you can choose to be a cruiser or drive aggressively and it can do both effortlessly... :becky:

chiaster wrote:

the 5 is really very nice if you kit it up fully with a 20" set-up for the wheels together with dropping of the height... big enough for our roads and comfortable for passengers... it reminds me of a fully done up Honda Accord Euro (JDM - CL7)... big Honda, good power, comfortable, fierce look... :thumb: you can choose to be a cruiser or drive aggressively and it can do both effortlessly... :becky:

Yes bro, exactly my sentiments. Looking at M-Sport kit and 20" rims and Eibach lowering springs. Thinking about it also make me wet liao.... :becky::fish:

Guest chiaster

go for it!!! it will look super nice!!! :thumb:

st8800 wrote:

Yes bro, exactly my sentiments. Looking at M-Sport kit and 20" rims and Eibach lowering springs. Thinking about it also make me wet liao.... :becky::fish:

Oh, this is called gone over to the dark side ah? hee hee.....

then me too! i sold my whitie!

must admit you all are fun bunch! will hang around and try to join the outings when i can. :)

MrsGoh wrote:

must admit you all are fun bunch! will hang around and try to join the outings when i can. :)

Ya hah ! Long time no see . No matter what ride you changed we still welcome you to join us . Check out events thread . AMG on 26th Nov is an event not to be missed . Check it out !

Guest blackmercs

MrsGoh wrote:

So u also gone to the "dark side"??? What's yr new ride?

blackmercs wrote:

So u also gone to the "dark side"??? What's yr new ride?

went for a lau BM..... hee hee.....

i kept my number plate. if you remember my number plate and happen to see me on the road, can give me a shout la. :)

Guest hkhamateur

Em.....the dark side! :spy:

em...its takg a tow, it must hve! :shocked:

signz....! The dark side! :crutch:

Greed! Power! Beauty! Seductive! Cute! em....this's the dark side! I see I must! :painkiller:

May the force be w sgmerc bros/sis. :fencing:

Guest blackknight

hkhamateur wrote:

em.....the dark side! :spy:

Em...its takg a tow, it must hve! :shocked:

Signz....! The dark side! :crutch:

Greed! Power! Beauty! Seductive! Cute! Em....this's the dark side! I see i must! :painkiller:

May the force be w sgmerc bros/sis. :fencing:

you can run! But you can never hide

Guest blackmercs

MrsGoh wrote:

went for a lau BM..... hee hee.....

i kept my number plate. if you remember my number plate and happen to see me on the road, can give me a shout la. :)

Lau bm I like leh E30 model? I remember a nice & beautiful lady only nos forget liao. So u also gone to the dark side arh. Ya here changing to other Marques is consider happening liao :). Do join us our monthly gtg can introduce u to yr dark side kakis which happens to be the same monthly gtg.