• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

WTS FL W204 W212 AMG Steering wheel

Guest rssid

Calvin can help you source for the wheel but you'll have to (preferably) go to the gentleman in the photos - ah boon - to get it fixed. I have mine sitting in the boot now, just waiting to go down to autospritze tomorrow!

thanks Calvin! :)

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

Just came back from Autospritze. Ah Boon will take care of it - garage busy so have to leave my baby until end of day. Everything will work as a steering wheel with paddle shift would. Before service and/or any claims, he advise go back to him for dekitting first. So, it's a sweet deal!

pre-FL will need to purchase both the steering wheel and the airbag module. FL units have the new steering wheel - the airbag module can be re-used.No indication that steering column needs any modification/change to fit the paddle shift wheel. iirc, calvin's ride is pre-FL - the photos didn't indicate any other parts apart from the wheel being changed out. hope that helps.

mine should be ready in a few hours. Shots will be uploaded!

• Like 1

Just a side note for some slightly older car models, please consult Ah Boon first because there are some compatibility issues such as the lights on the steering wheel buttons not lighting up etc. Ah Boon mentioned to me these issues while I was installing my steering wheel and as far as I know, he's still trying to find a solution to overcome this tiny issues.

Drama day. AMG alcantara wheel DOES NOT accommodate the FL wheel's airbag module. So, FL or pre-FL, have to get both wheel and airbag module. Ah boon was also surprised.

I rushed down after getting his call. He fitted the stock airbag module and it just doesn't sit well- noticeable gaps. So in went the C63 airbag module >_<

Tested it over the weekend. The (flattened top and bottom) steering wheel may look similar to the stock FL W204 item, but is such a joy to use. The paddle shifts works, and obviously works much better in S mode. Expect retarded gear changes (about a second before upshifting) if you're in E mode. The lights on the wheel works as intended.

Just like for mark, I think this is by far the best mod I've done for my C180K.

Tested it over the weekend. The (flattened top and bottom) steering wheel may look similar to the stock FL W204 item, but is such a joy to use. The paddle shifts works, and obviously works much better in S mode. Expect retarded gear changes (about a second before upshifting) if you're in E mode. The lights on the wheel works as intended.

Just like for mark, I think this is by far the best mod I've done for my C180K.

Agreed! For those who are hesitating, just go for it! Most of the mods you'll mostly do on your car is for estatic purposes. More often than not, these estatic modifications takes place on the outside of the car for other people's enjoyment. It's about time you did a mod that you yourself as the owner and driver of the car can enjoy! IMHO, after using the paddle shift wheel for months, I'll never switch back to the stock steering wheel. The grip and feel of the paddle shift wheel is so much nicer and firmer, it gives off a younger and sportier feel to the interior of the car. All these besides the part where you actually have paddle shift controls.

Cheers!

Mark

• Like 1

Pic of the Alcantara Wheel !

This is a velvet like material right? Don't think it'll be suitable for people with sweaty palms like me!

Yeap, it's Alcantara - very nice for me cos I got dry hands. It's a bitch when wet or damp >_<

Yup. That's why I went for the leather one. But I do like the AMG at the bottom, the leather one says Airbag.

Ah I didn't know there was a difference other than the leather trim!

Ah I didn't know there was a difference other than the leather trim!

Yup. Check out my photo.

http://www.sgmerc.com/index.php?/gallery/image/41-07/

• Like 1

Chershen you should've told me you interested yesterday. Would've let you see and try my mod!

• Like 1