• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

'what is tuning' - event @ autovox

Guest 9tro

no offense and not acting like a cheapo...although 10bucks is nothing nowadays...i believe that if an organiser wants to create an event to tell the world abt their stuffs but dont have budget...might as well dont do it...getting consumers to help pay for their budget is ridiculous...it reflects how poorly the event is already...

just my 2cents...

kindly do not flame me.... :)

Guest Sanjay

Gab wrote:

no offense and not acting like a cheapo...although 10bucks is nothing nowadays...i believe that if an organiser wants to create an event to tell the world abt their stuffs but dont have budget...might as well dont do it...getting consumers to help pay for their budget is ridiculous...it reflects how poorly the event is already...

just my 2cents...

kindly do not flame me.... :)

Hi, i read your posting but since $10 is nothing and in all fairness, i believe that people commit and honour their time when they pay ... just my 2 cents worth

Guest kepiting1sg

blackknight wrote:

Have you guys heard of the recent happenings from other forums? ANYWAY, enjoy :becky:

Heard many many moons ago on long thread! Enjoy!!! :becky:

hi everyone,

apologies for not having replied/updated any sooner. let us clarify as best as we can here:

1. this event is organized by BLACK Magazine.

2. it is really not as simple as $10 for refreshments. we all know we can get good deals at coffee shops at a fraction of that price. there are goodie bags, gift vouchers, joy-ride opportunities, but most importantly, we are not creating another 'get together' event. we are trying to pull together like-minded friends who have a passion for tuning. the event is aimed at brand managers and technicians sharing knowledge, such as "how does a simple chip increase power to my car?" and "what is the difference between forged wheels and not?"

3. to all friends who have spared us that extra 15 seconds to register, a sincere thank you. please do come on the event-date, and experience for yourself what it really is all about. we will be updating registered parties via email closer to the event date.

:-)

please do not hesitate to leave us messages, and we will respond as soon as possible.

cheers`

jtang wrote:

And they even got the gall to charge $10....for refreshment ( aww come on!)?

hi 'jtang',

why not drop by on the event day itself? we are most certainly willing and wanting to learn as to how possible future events can be improved, and to ensure we provide the best quality and value to our friends and readers.

Sanjay wrote:

Hi, i read your posting but since $10 is nothing and in all fairness, i believe that people commit and honour their time when they pay ... just my 2 cents worth

hi 'Sanjay',

thank you for your kind words of support. we will do all within our means to ensure that your time is not wasted, and that you will leave with a smile`

subaru67 wrote:

registered liao but no news:shocked:

hi 'subaru67',

chill bro` we will be emailing out details closer to the event-date. we did receive your registration. many thanks!

;-)

arsenal wrote:

caveat emptor! whahahahaha

hi 'arsenal',

at stake is the reputation of 'BLACK Magazine' as a whole, and if we want to stay in the business and game for the long-haul, we will most certainly NOT be attempting to cheat anyone, let alone a $10/person plan.

while it is our first attempt, and if we look fairly into our individual lives, no one is perfect, and never 101% spot-on during his/her/their first attempt. the key is to continue on with improvements each step of the way.

we promise no stars, we promise hard work.

Guest subaru67

9tro wrote:

hi 'arsenal',

at stake is the reputation of 'BLACK Magazine' as a whole, and if we want to stay in the business and game for the long-haul, we will most certainly NOT be attempting to cheat anyone, let alone a $10/person plan.

while it is our first attempt, and if we look fairly into our individual lives, no one is perfect, and never 101% spot-on during his/her/their first attempt. the key is to continue on with improvements each step of the way.

well said :becky: cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest arsenal

9tro wrote:

hi 'arsenal',

Good day 9tro,

Its not you, I trusted you with good intention to do the best for sgmerc and $10/- is never an issue to many forumers here (me inclusive).

Please go other car forums and find out more about Autovox, also initially I do not believe what they said and it could be one sided story. Unfortunately, I had an unpleasant buying experience from them and that will the first also the last one, enough said.

Good luck! hahahaha

Guest blackmercs

arsenal wrote:

Good day 9tro,

Its not you, I trusted you with good intention to do the best for sgmerc and $10/- is never an issue to many forumers here (me inclusive).

Please go other car forums and find out more about Autovox, also initially I do not believe what they said and it could be one sided story. Unfortunately, I had an unpleasant buying experience from them and that will the first also the last one, enough said.

Good luck! hahahaha

Yap heard abt this admin coordination mess up big time issue. Is there any other juicy stories to share??

9tro care to share yr role & objective for orgainsing this event?? Are you part of Autovox or yr core business is only on magazine?? Black magazine is it easy available in retail stores?

Thanks

@arsenal:

hello!

Sorry to hear about your past experiences. truth be told, as passionate car lovers (most of us who go onto forums, usually are), nothing annoys us more than unfortunate situations.

While we cannot speak on behalf of autovox, we (as media) have developed a good and healthy working relationship with them, and are confident of their abilities and attitude.

That said, it is my personal opinion (Hong here) that if there were any misunderstandings or unfortunate situations that occurred before, the best thing to do is to meet up with the people and 'demand' for a cup of coffee! That way, lessons could be shared, thus improving the tuning community and industry as a whole!

Why not join us this weekend? We have decided to waive the $10/person cost, and I will personally buy you a cup of coffee (or tea, if you prefer.)

cheers`

Hong (Team 9tro)

- www.9tro.com

>

Good day 9tro,

Good luck! hahahaha

@blackmercs:

hello!

We am not too sure which/what event you are referring to. This is our first attempt as a 'get together' event, and are also eager to have this event based on an 'educational' format, where the experts at autovox can share with everyone what they are all about. Also, to learn from the brands they represent.

Our magazines are available monthly, at all petrol stations, most convenient stores and major bookshops! We are wrapped together with '9tro Magazine'. Both magazines sold together at S$5.

>

Yap heard abt this admin coordination mess up big time issue. Is there any other juicy stories to share??

9tro care to share yr role & objective for orgainsing this event?? Are you part of Autovox or yr core business is only on magazine?? Black magazine is it easy available in retail stores?

Thanks

Guest Sanjay

9tro wrote:

hi blackmerc:

we might extend the complimentary guest-list to more, depending on the number to registered participants.

cheers`

i have registered and still not got my email confirmation.. regards

Guest hkhamateur

9tro wrote:

Hi everyone,

We (BLACK Magazine) will be hosting an event at 'autovox' on the 13th of August 2011 (Saturday).

Join us as we spend an afternoon with the engineers, mechanics and brand managers for an educational tour of the facilities, the true meaning behind tuning, what some misconceptions are, and how tuning should be applied properly as a form of automotive art.

For Mercedes-Benz owners: BRABUS is distributed by 'autovox' in this part of the world.

*event ticket priced at S$10/person.

**the first FIVE registered guests will receive the invitation for free!

For more information, click --> here

Hi hong (9tro), I've since signed up on 21st July bt yet to received a cfmatn abt whether I'm e first 5 applicant? If needed to fork up e event $10, kindy let me knw.Tx :hand:

Guest arsenal

9tro wrote:

@arsenal:

hello!

Sorry to hear about your past experiences. truth be told, as passionate car lovers (most of us who go onto forums, usually are), nothing annoys us more than unfortunate situations.

While we cannot speak on behalf of autovox, we (as media) have developed a good and healthy working relationship with them, and are confident of their abilities and attitude.

That said, it is my personal opinion (Hong here) that if there were any misunderstandings or unfortunate situations that occurred before, the best thing to do is to meet up with the people and 'demand' for a cup of coffee! That way, lessons could be shared, thus improving the tuning community and industry as a whole!

Why not join us this weekend? We have decided to waive the $10/person cost, and I will personally buy you a cup of coffee (or tea, if you prefer.)

cheers`

Hong (Team 9tro)

- www.9tro.com

Hi Hong,

Thanks for the invite but sorry to say that I gonna give it a miss.

I can tell that you are trying the uttermost to promote this event in many other forums.....all the best

Rdgs