• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W107 SLC

Guest tony

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SgLaKsa

Any old skool W107 SLC among our forumers? Did see a few on our roads...but seems like disappearing fast.

yah yah i have one, only last alphabet is different from SLC, its SLK. kekeke! :P

Guest millionmilebenz

Hi Tony! Welcome to the club and congrats on your first post!

I don't think we have any members with W107, although I wish that we do (I wish I have one!). There are certainly a few very well-kept examples on the road. I've seen one of them a number of times at a mechanic that specializes in AC and electrics of older cars - located at the Shell Station near Newton Circle.

Here's one that sold recently (at very high price) http://www.sgcarmart.com/main/info-2IQCjbBl-1059.html

Are you looking for one for yourself? ;)

Guest millionmilebenz

Hello again Tony! Didn't see your reply till now...

You're a lucky guy! Would love to take a close look at your ride sometime - I've seriously thought about getting one myself. In terms of coupe that are "within reach", my favourites are the W107 SLC and W126 SEC. Please do try to join us at the next Monthly GTG! ;D ;D ;D

Guest millionmilebenz

Wah, JGoh, I've been salivating over that same photo of the W111! It is a true beauty.

Tony, I'm not too optimistic about finding a W111 "fintail" convertible here. Even if there is one, whoever that lucky owner is will most likely never part with it! My best hope is to find a W108 coupe someday...

Thanks JGoh, lots of tender loving care went to restoring and maintaining this car though. But the returns r a beautiful ride and lots of heads turning to c. Guess some pple still appreciates classics.

Guest millionmilebenz

Hahaha, thanks guys! I see I'm not the only one checking the "Rare & Exotic" category on SGCarMart daily? ;D

I've seen this car listed a couple times before and I've tried calling the owner previously, but somehow never able to get him. It IS a beauty and the colour is almost a perfect match for my current W126! But what can I say, my spirit is willing but my other half is definitely not. If I go and get this set of car keys, I think I'll lose the house keys, hahahaha! :P

Anyway, I'll try to invite the owner of this rare beauty to join our group. Wish me luck!

P.S: Agree it's now an opportune time to have this new category on our forum! Thanks Leon!!

Guest millionmilebenz

Great choice and taste, JGoh!

I've also seen a navy blue 190SL parked at the Changi Sailing Club sometime last year. It was in immaculate condition. Left a SGMerc decal on his windscreen to invite him to join but I don't think he did.

Have any of you visited Autobahn near Newton Circle?

Such a dreamy looking '61! The colour combination screams period correct!

We only need a dose of cool evening temperatures of say 15 deg and this car would be perfect for a cruise.