• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

BKK Shopping for Accessories

Guest 9339

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in Bangkok for a week in December 2007. Had a lot of difficulty finding those 2 stores! I asked many people, got all sorts of wrong info. Some even claimed to know the shops but that the shops have closed down! Maybe it was the language barrier! Anyway it was fun, I think I walked in 5 days the distance I would normally walk in 2 months!

R-style Took me 3 or 4 attempts before I found the shop, kept thinking it was on level 5. MBK is huge and crowded! The info counter was useless, told me that there are no shops in MBK selling car accessories! However the small shop didnt impress me, maybe I should have asked for the catalogue? In my opinion, Auto-Bac in Bukit Batok Singapore has more things, no?

AutoMag - Again, took me 4 or 5 visits over 5 days! I even walked all the way to Pathuwan Shopping Complex! I asked the info counter and the girl told me that Bangkok Bazaar is no more but, undaunted, I kept searching. The info counter girl was sullen and unhelpful. "Bangkok Bazaar finit, not more, finit, closed, no more" :)

Finally found AutoMag by coincidence - actually I was looking for a toilet in Big C Shopping Centre! Go inside Big C Shopping Centre, walk to the back end of the 1st level, then exit at the left where you can see the Hi-Fi shopping centre (this shopping centre is very quiet with only a few hi-fi shops). Walk through this shopping centre and you will find AutoMag at the other side.

I was told that there are lots of car accessories shops in Bangkok Chinatown. Anyone explored that?

Fingers crossed I hope to visit AutoMag on my first try with your instructions! Been looking at the bloody website an hour before lunchtime and researching on different parts for the cars.