• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

E Cabrioans report here!

Guest vincemerz

Guest kepiting1sg

6008 wrote:

No choice Liao . Must borrow sardine can opener from unker again . Sigh......

hahahaha!!!!!....next time we meet - I give U a tiuna can opener lah & a big zip in case U want to close the top....:lol:

My MHA and me have sat in propeller cabrio, 4 rings cabrios and 3 star cabrio. Peeked into wowo cabrio and also diamond cabrio.

How I wish my MHA share the same interest with me on open top driving!...hiazzz!!!!! :tsk:

Guest vincemerz

E Cabrioans report here!

Pls give details of your ride. Any Cabrio questions, post here as well!

0. Blackmercs - ex E200 CGI Black on black :)

1. Vincemerz - E250 CGI Diamond white with flamenco red interior + 1 baby seat!

2. desmondtoo - E250 CGI Obisidian Black with Black proliferated seats and 19 inch multispoke Matt black AMG rims! Fitted with Lorinser Spoiler Lid( 'cos the lid warps) and SmartTop-no regrets, its a must hv!!!

3. E-cab - E200 CGI AMG kitted Black on Black. 1 booster seat and 1 baby seat (soon).

4. Karilaksa - E250 cabrio calcite white with flamenco red

5. Joeyttk - E (TBA cgi ) Cabriolet Tenorite Grey with TBA interior

Guest joeyttk

vincemerz wrote:

E Cabrioans report here!

2. desmondtoo - E250 CGI Obisidian Black with Black proliferated seats and 19 inch multispoke Matt black AMG rims! Fitted with Lorinser Spoiler Lid( 'cos the lid warps) and SmartTop-no regrets, its a must hv!!!

3. E-cab - E200 CGI AMG kitted Black on Black. 1 booster seat and 1 baby seat (soon).

4. Karilaksa - E250 cabrio calcite white with flamenco red

5. Joeyttk - E (TBA cgi ) Cabriolet Tenorite Grey with TBA interior

5. Joeyttk - E250 CGI Cabriolet Tenorite Grey with Flamenco Red interior

Guest vincemerz

E Cabrioans report here!

4. Karilaksa - E250 CGI cabrio calcite white with flamenco red

5. Joeyttk - E250 CGI Cabrio Tenorite Grey with Flamenco Red interior

Guest joeyttk

hi,

I saw the latest promo by C&C on their website, and so I called the SE (from C&C) who sold me my car to enquire about integrated GPS.

Is it true that it is not recommended for E250 to fix up integrated GPS ? according to him, the graphics not nice. any bro brought from C&C and has it done up ?

Guest vincemerz

joeyttk wrote:

hi,

I saw the latest promo by C&C on their website, and so I called the SE (from C&C) who sold me my car to enquire about integrated GPS.

Is it true that it is not recommended for E250 to fix up integrated GPS ? according to him, the graphics not nice. any bro brought from C&C and has it done up ?

Not too sure but I think all locally fitted gps I don't trust unless straight from factory?

Guest kepiting1sg

joeyttk wrote:

hi,

I m told this is an option from their $3000 enhancement package.

This is on top of Service credits $5k for eclass!

The option is worth $2,782 & the GPS is using Tom Tom Navigation.

Under the $3k enchancement package, U can also choose RC($1.605), portable Garmin GPS($699), Huber Optik($1,284)

For Tom Tom NAV to get future map updates could be a problem.

Guest joeyttk

kepiting1sg wrote:

I m told this is an option from their $3000 enhancement package.

This is on top of Service credits $5k for eclass!

The option is worth $2,782 & the GPS is using Tom Tom Navigation.

Under the $3k enchancement package, U can also choose RC($1.605), portable Garmin GPS($699), Huber Optik($1,284)

For Tom Tom NAV to get future map updates could be a problem.

sorry bro, didnt quite comprehend. are u saying that u can only choose one of those ? or all of the RC, Optik and Portable Gamin comes with the 3k ?

I am thinking whether to push for the integrated GPS or not. also I am asking for the ipod interface (media adaptor)

Guest kepiting1sg

joeyttk wrote:

sorry bro, didnt quite comprehend. are u saying that u can only choose one of those ? or all of the RC, Optik and Portable Gamin comes with the 3k ?

I am thinking whether to push for the integrated GPS or not. also I am asking for the ipod interface (media adaptor)

The integrated GPS option is listed as $2,782.

With the $3K enchancement package, U get to use up all the $3K.

Meaning U can combine Huber Optic, Garmin GPS, etc!

Off course if U chose the integrated GPS @ $2,782 - nothing much left of the $3K. :hand:

Guest joeyttk

kepiting1sg wrote:

The integrated GPS option is listed as $2,782.

With the $3K enchancement package, U get to use up all the $3K.

Meaning U can combine Huber Optic, Garmin GPS, etc!

Off course if U chose the integrated GPS @ $2,782 - nothing much left of the $3K. :hand:

ok, thanks bro.

I just called my SE again, the integrated GPS is not recommended according to him for E250 cab.

anyway, I think I will just stay with the portal gamin.

tks for the clarification

Guest kepiting1sg

joeyttk wrote:

ok, thanks bro.

I just called my SE again, the integrated GPS is not recommended according to him for E250 cab.

anyway, I think I will just stay with the portal gamin.

tks for the clarification

Can consider Garmin GVN53 going to your LCD screen with after mkt Multi Media Interface & can have more options such as reverse camera, Dig TV, DVD Player on your stock screen!

Or retrofit MB command ntg 4 with 7" bigger & higher resolution screen with original MB GPS, 40Gb Hard Disk, 6Gb Music Register, Memory Card, DVD, Voice Command!

Guest vincemerz

kepiting1sg wrote:

Can consider Garmin GVN53 going to your LCD screen with after mkt Multi Media Interface & can have more options such as reverse camera, Dig TV, DVD Player on your stock screen!

Or retrofit MB command ntg 4 with 7" bigger & higher resolution screen with original MB GPS, 40Gb Hard Disk, 6Gb Music Register, Memory Card, DVD, Voice Command!

just get garmin 1460, can just put on the LCD screen of E cabrio!! and dont use just chuck it in the compartment.

best fit!

Guest vincemerz

Getting kinda quiet here...

Mm... So let me start..

For your cabrios, u like driving it in which mode? E S or M? And why?

Any mode that u feel the take off acceleration is fastest and overtaking is fastest?

Guest desmondtoo
Getting kinda quiet here...

Mm... So let me start..

For your cabrios, u like driving it in which mode? E S or M? And why?

Normal in E, save fuel. S when press for time... M when wanna hv some fun...

Any mode that u feel the take off acceleration is fastest and overtaking is fastest?

M

Guest vincemerz

I need a shift guide me use M!

Don't really know how to change smoothly with M or how to play with M.

So far driving with S. Kinda sian on E.

Guest kepiting1sg

vincemerz wrote:

IIRC - When on S - Gear shifts @ higher RPM than E.

When on M - Hoot, Loot, Play with the paddle shifts.

RPM will not change till U up shift!!!!!

Guest 6008

vincemerz wrote:

Have you tried driving manual ride ? It's the same for M .

Guest vincemerz

6008 wrote:

Have you tried driving manual ride ? It's the same for M .

Long time no manual lo... Hahaha..

Although M , but if can't change gear also won't allow.. Plus if brake all the way also auto shift gear down ma... Haha so its Like auto M mode instead...

Guest vincemerz

desmondtoo wrote:

Hey Vincemerz, your :car: haven't show face yet leh...bring her down to GTG tmw ya!!!:eyebrows:

Ok ok should be there tomolo!