• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Mercs Driving Experience - 2011

Guest blackmercs

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest achuafc

so bad mei? I know that participants will not be allowed to handle the c63. What others thoughts on this event?.........I know there's been a past thread on last year's event.

Guest blackmercs

achuafc wrote:

so bad mei? I know that participants will not be allowed to handle the c63. What others thoughts on this event?.........I know there's been a past thread on last year's event.

My thoughts are "what's experience??"!!

Guest achuafc

blackmercs wrote:

My thoughts are "what's experience??"!!

mwhahahaaha

without a proper circuit here and with the make-shift open area, how to compare it with our brothers up north!!

check this out for the 2008 event in M'sia

and then check out ours

Guest lightning

it is definitely a good experience if you have not experienced the Merc Driving Experience...after you have experience that, then pls share with us your experience...hahaha :bounce:

Guest blackmercs

As Mentioned earlier, if u haven't experience anything Like these kind of setup is worth trying. But if u had then don't waste yr time & money. Go & catch a movie instead :).

Guest chiaster

Wha... The local leg really looks pathetic compared to Sepang! Or maybe we should all just book a half day session at Sepang so that we can take our rides there and unleash their full potentials! I've gone there a few times in the past when I was driving my swift! Haha. :)

achuafc wrote:

mwhahahaaha

without a proper circuit here and with the make-shift open area, how to compare it with our brothers up north!!

check this out for the 2008 event in M'sia

and then check out ours

Guest chiaster

Half day track session at Sepang with transponder is about 200sgd. The Malaysian gig will cost around 750sgd after conversion. Taking full day trvk session to cost 400sgd, the other 350sgd should be for the rest of the frills (instructors, food, jerseys, goodie bags, indemnity etc). Worth it?

achuafc wrote:

The Sepang Merc Experience will cost your MYR1800 for this year's July whilst the cost for SG's experience IIRC last year's was S$300.

http://www.mercedes-benz.com.my/content/malaysia/mpc/mpc_malaysia_website/myng/home_mpc/passengercars/home/passenger_cars_world/What_s_New_NG/events/MBDE_NG.0006.html

No wonder lah.....

Guest blackmercs

chiaster wrote:

Wha... The local leg really looks pathetic compared to Sepang! Or maybe we should all just book a half day session at Sepang so that we can take our rides there and unleash their full potentials! I've gone there a few times in the past when I was driving my swift! Haha. :)

yap the Sepang experience drive is the best ever organise by BMW. The instructor are local talents & on the ball too. They make sure u follows their instruction closely & no monkey business. But at that time our team style are "Rules are meant to be broken" & our team name are "initial D" :). We had so much fun back then & the rest is history.

As for the Mercs instructor from Australia, they like coming here to kill time & didn't really be bothered how you performance after each circuit or session.

Also, the Mercs experience during the starts of the training already gone wrong. They didn't emphaise on adjusting, sitting posture & driving techniques. These are basic requirements before driving.

Just to share with guys how effective is the training with BMW. I had had near-miss not once but twice & I adopt the training skill and it's works!!

Anyway just go there with an open mind & hv fun!!

• 1 month later...
Guest blackmercs

The experience drive will be from 28 July to 7 August 2011.

This year they hv half day package too. This half day package covers only 2,3 & 6 only. Damage is $200 instead of $300 (weekdays) & $500 (weekends) for full day.

Training infro

1) Salom

2) Braking (half day package)

3) Evasive ABS braking ( half day package)

4) Cornering

5) Braking on differing surfaces

6) Lane change ( half day package)

7) Final Excercise

enquiries 6866 1790.

Go with an open mind & enjoy yr experience drive & share with us yr experience if there is any :).

Guest lightning

camber53 wrote:

Bros how do I join the trip ?

The Cnc email can't send in ... Please advise

Greg...if your Merc is not from C&C then you have to tag along with someone whose ride is from C&C... at the present moment C&C only allow 1 owner (from C&C) to bring 1 guest

Guest Zack

lightning wrote:

Greg...if your Merc is not from C&C then you have to tag along with someone whose ride is from C&C... at the present moment C&C only allow 1 owner (from C&C) to bring 1 guest

If gotten the car 2nd hand is it counted?

Guest blackmercs

Zack wrote:

If gotten the car 2nd hand is it counted?

Yes, no worries but must not be a PI ya. Call the service center & furnish yr details to them. Then they update you whenever there is future event going on.

Strangely, for my case I m no longer driving a Mercs, they do keep in the loop.