• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

GROUP BUY for COMMAND & OTHER MERCS RETROFIT - IPOD, FOLDING MIRRORS, NAVI DVD, ETC

Guest kepiting1sg

Guest kepiting1sg

rssid wrote:

Any luck in getting the iPhone/iPod integration costs down ?

Up to now, I've a list of 5 cars maybe more interested in iPod/iPhone integration.

U are not forgotten and your name is on that list! :becky:

Miro has been busy and has not come back to me with the final quotes!

Will definitely update all the interested Bros once I've figures from him!

Guest kepiting1sg

rssid wrote:

Thx bro gottansay we appreciate all the co ordination you're doing to get this gb going !

U are welcome!

I am hoping one day Miro or some others can setup shop here whether by themself or JV with a local to do MB retrofits.

Knowing that C&C dun do retrofit, I hope this way we will have more alternatives or options for MB owners in the future.

I hope this GB will eventually materialize!

Guest kepiting1sg

For those who are still enquiring!

Here are some information and pictures

W204, W212, C207, A207 - NTG4

COMMAND NTG4

7" Higher Resolution LCD screen

40 Gb Hard Disk

DVD Single Disc/Changer

Navigation - 2010 S.E.A Maps

PCMCIA Slot for SD Card Adaptor

VIM (Video In Motion)

Linguatronic Voice Control

Blue Tooth

AM/FM Radio

inclusive all parts for the retrofit especially W204

W212, C207, A207

commandntg4b.jpg?t=1286446328

W212NTG4.jpg?t=1286445541

W204

W204NTG4.jpg?t=1286445606

W211, W220, R171 - NTG2.5

COMMAND NTG2.5

DVD Changer

VIM (Video In Motion)

Navigation 2010 S.E.A Maps

Blue Tooth

AM/FM Radio

iPod Integration

SD Card

Voice Recognition Control

NTG2.5

NTG25.jpg?t=1286446266

Guest BenzModz

I have decided to give a one time special discount for UCI / iPOD / Dipping mirror installations. This is because I want the Group Buy to be popular for small customer as well as large customer.

In 2-3 days I will be announcing final pricing and final price offers. This will apply only to those people who are listed as interested.

Naturally we must always consider currency exchange. We must consider freight. When you have items shipping together the price will be better than shipping alone.

CAVEAT: I do not know anything about Singaporean taxes. so if you are importing items please be aware that you must check locally for all your taxes and importation charges. I can not quote a price with importation taxes. This is only something the local government can do.

The group buy is certainly going ahead.

If you want to know the reason for the delay. I was looking at more than one supplier.

Guest kepiting1sg

BenzModz wrote:

I now have all the prices. Official updates to follow.

Hi Miro,

I've checked on the Singapore Custom website.

As an individual (me) for importing these parts - they are not under "Controlled Items" and no special custom duties other than the local 7%

GST (Goods & Service Tax).

Guys who are interested in iPod/iPhone Integration,

What I understand C&C maybe able to do a retrofit for iPod/iPhone with the older kit.

The newer kit as mentioned by Miro is the current one which is known as the UCI Media Interface. The same one found on my W212

The cabling will terminated into a socket in your globe compartment.

3 cables i.e iPod/iPhone, USB & Aux In will be provided.

For iPod/iPhone & USB, you will have the folders & song display in your screen (W204) and your DIS (Driver Information System) aka your dash meter readout with steering controls for song selection & volume.

So U guys might want to consider having the newer UCI MI or the "cheaper "older iPod/iPhone kit integration.

How much, we will know later when we sought out the part costs, shipping, insurance, gst, instal charges (depending on the number of cars including Miro travelling costs).

P.S I will not charge U for my time! :becky:

For iPod I've the unconfirmed listing here

1. rssid - 2010 W204

2. knighthunter - 2009 W245

3. funng - 2008 FL W211

4. nouyah - 2006 Pre FL W211 E280

I will be closing the GB by this Sunday nite 10-10-10 @ 23.59.....hahahaha! army days!Pls come forward if U are interested so that we can work out the whole "project" costing.

Pls note we can only give U an initial estimate of cost based on the number of interested parties.

Final costs can only be worked out after everyone has confirmed what they want to do.

Guest BenzModz

There are some elements which become cheaper as more people get involved.

Estimates based on smaller numbers tend to be higher. Buy anyone who joins early can enjoy a reduction as more people come later into the same GB.

Unker, not sure if you got my PM.

Anyways, when i bought the car, I asked my C&C SE, she did mention that ipod integration was not available for my FL W211 with the non-LCD Audio 20, if I wanted, I have to upgrade to Audio with GPS/Navi (Audio 50 I think), which was a $14k upgrade.

The FL W211 with Non-LCD(Analog screen) Audio 20 would be going for the older ipod integration kit?

Looking forward to good news!

kepiting1sg wrote:

Hi Miro,

I've checked on the Singapore Custom website.

As an individual (me) for importing these parts - they are not under "Controlled Items" and no special custom duties other than the local 7%

GST (Goods & Service Tax).

Guys who are interested in iPod/iPhone Integration,

What I understand C&C maybe able to do a retrofit for iPod/iPhone with the older kit.

The newer kit as mentioned by Miro is the current one which is known as the UCI Media Interface. The same one found on my W212

The cabling will terminated into a socket in your globe compartment.

3 cables i.e iPod/iPhone, USB & Aux In will be provided.

For iPod/iPhone & USB, you will have the folders & song display in your screen (W204) and your DIS (Driver Information System) aka your dash meter readout with steering controls for song selection & volume.

So U guys might want to consider having the newer UCI MI or the "cheaper "older iPod/iPhone kit integration.

How much, we will know later when we sought out the part costs, shipping, insurance, gst, instal charges (depending on the number of cars including Miro travelling costs).

P.S I will not charge U for my time! :becky:

For iPod I've the unconfirmed listing here

1. rssid - 2010 W204

2. knighthunter - 2009 W245

3. funng - 2008 FL W211

4. nouyah - 2006 Pre FL W211 E280

I will be closing the GB by this Sunday nite 10-10-10 @ 23.59.....hahahaha! army days!Pls come forward if U are interested so that we can work out the whole "project" costing.

Pls note we can only give U an initial estimate of cost based on the number of interested parties.

Final costs can only be worked out after everyone has confirmed what they want to do.

Guest kepiting1sg

newmerc wrote:

hi bro, im keen.

2010 w204.

Hi,

U keen in the W204 iPod/iPhone UCI Media Interface or COMMAND NTG4?

The iPod/iPhone UCI Media Interface as described earlier will have capability for iPod/iPhone, USD Flash Drive, Aux In.

The initial quote is £365 for parts + shipping + 7% GST + S$150 instal

This is only with 1 iPod/iPhone cable.

If U need the other 2 cables i.e the USB & Aux in Cable another £50

So which item are U interested in pls & I will add your name!

Guest kepiting1sg

Dear All Interested Parties in this GB,

I have to disappoint everyone that this GB is being called off.

The GB was based on at least 5 cars wanting to instal COMMAND and we do not have the numbers.

Thus at the same time we have to disappoint those wanting to do iPod & other MB retrofits.

Please accept my sincere apologies!!!!!!