• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

GROUP BUY for COMMAND & OTHER MERCS RETROFIT - IPOD, FOLDING MIRRORS, NAVI DVD, ETC

Guest kepiting1sg

Guest kepiting1sg

Dear All,

Recently one of our Bro has been organizing a Command retrofit session by an Aussie guy BenzModz aka Miro - http://www.benzmodz.com/

Somehow it looks like not going to materialize with that arrangement.

I understand from Miro that there are a few interested parties but are pretty disappointed with the waiting. Please feel free to contact me.

[email protected]

Sg hp: +(65) 91777772 (Fri evenings to Sun)

Indon hp: +(62) 811 777772 (Mon to Fri)

For those who do not know me.

I am working for a German MNC for the last 26 years.

The last 19 years and still there has been running their factory in nearby Batam Island with > 1000 employees.

With the understanding from Miro, I will be helping him as a coordinator for a GROUP BUY for his possible visit to Singapore in late November this year to do the Command retrofit.

If time permits, Miro might take up retrofit of iPod integration especially for

W211 or PI W212 without Media Interface

I will be also getting him to instal Command NTG4 on my ride too and I like to reiterate that

a. I am organizing this GB solely for the interest of installing Command for my W212

b. participarting in this GB

c. coordinate this GB

d. I do look for any monetary gains from this GB

e. I 've no commercial interest from this GB

f. this GB is purely private and got nothing to do with SGMerc forum.

SGMerc shall not be responsible nor liable, directly or indirectly, for any fraud or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the GB. Caveat Emptor!!

g. As an organizer, I will best to my knowledge and ability protect my & the buyer interests.

h. I am a noob when comes to Merc retrofit but I will try to answer your Qs as accurately as possible if not Miro will answer them possibly here on this thread.

The expected cost of retrofitting Commands to your Merc I believe will cost between S$4000+ to S$6000+ depending on your ride model and parts.

Miro & myself will try to get the best price for your Command & parts for the retrofit.

We expect all Commands & parts to be new unless U have one yourself that need to be retrofitted but the charges maybe higher due to possible problems that might be encountered with used or unit from unknown origins.

You will still be charged the installation charges if your unit provided is faulty, and or not compatiable.

Once we closed the group buy and hopefully we can get 5 buyers or more to make the visit by Miro viable.

IMHO his charges are reasonable & transparent - i.e S$750 for his installation charges(travelling/accomodations/labor) + the Command & parts that you need to pay for the retrofit.

I might charge a small fees if there are expenses (eg. TT of money payment, Internet connections, place for installation) that has to be out from my pocket but I will refrain from this as much as possible.

Parts will be verified by Miro and likely to come from the following sources:-

a. MBENZNL - http://www.mbenznl.nl/

b. COMAND UK - http://www.comandonline.co.uk/

c or anyone Miro knows is offering a great deal on new parts.

For further information or Qs on Command, maybe you will like to visit this website.

http://www.mbguru.com/index.php

Once the GB closed, I shall forward the order list to Miro.

He shall scan the order list and forward the ordering of parts to the supplier.

We will need to let you know the actual cost as far as possible if not at least some near estimation of your order.

I will start collecting of money and I will pay the suppliers upon invoice.

Miro will plan for his visit once the parts are ordered.

With regards to Qs before U put down your name, you may PM BenzModz aka Miro for your enlightenment. i.e what model of Command, features, DVD single or changer.

I doubt Miro will have the time to run a reverse camera to the command unless you get an "appropriate one" from a local ICE installer to instal the camera at the back & run the cables to the front.

The above information are best to my knowledge and any additional information that I have, I will add them on here.

Only serious buyer apply and time waster shall be ignored totally.

C & C do not do retrofit & this original option is >S$10k and do not excpect a "cheap original solution" to this retrofit.

Please put your name now here for the GB

1. kepiting1sg - 2010 W212 VIN:WDD2120472A183297

Command NTG4 - Navi + DVD Changer with Std 40Gb HDD c/w Std 7" LCD screen + PCMCIA Adaptor Card + Linguatronic Voice Control + VIM (Video In Motion)

2. bac - 2003 W211 - VIN: ????

List updated: 28th Sep '10 2.05pm

Only serious buyer apply and time waster shall be ignored totally.

C & C do not do retrofit & this original option is >S$10k and do not excpect a "cheap original solution" to this retrofit.

1. kepiting1sg - W212 Command NTG4 - Navi + DVD Changer with Std 40Gb HDD c/w Std 7" LCD screen + PCMCIA Adaptor Card + Linguatronic Voice Control

2. bac - interested but don't know what is needed unker - Navi, DVD, ipod,.. please advise.

Guest kepiting1sg

As informed by Miro more retrofit options are now easily available.

- COMAND

- iPOD kit

- Navigation DVD

- folding mirrors

- dipping on reverse passenger side

- cupholders

- dimming mirrors

Guest kepiting1sg

bac wrote:

1. kepiting1sg - W212 Command NTG4 - Navi + DVD Changer with Std 40Gb HDD c/w Std 7" LCD screen + PCMCIA Adaptor Card + Linguatronic Voice Control - VIN : WDD2120472A183297

2. bac - 2003 W211 - VIN: ????

Hi Mr. Chua, I understand you want Command with iPod and do not need Linguatronic Voice Control.

Your Command will likely be NTG 2 or 2.5

Please provide your VIN for your 2003 Pre FL W211 and Miro will probably reply here what are your available options.

Regards

KP Seah

Guest kepiting1sg

rssid wrote:

Quote for iPod integration for w204 c200 pls thx

You want just iPod Integration or Media Interface (iPod/USB/Aux in) if that is possible?

I guess Media Interface may not be possible unless you have Command.

For just iPod Integration, you may wanna read here and the parts involved

W204 iPod Integration

Miro, if you are reading this thread, pls quote or comment here pls!

Guest Cklasse5

Up for you, Uncle Seah!

If you need help on how to use your existing gadgets (e.g. Digital TV) to the Comand NTG4, let me know I will share with you. Don't be fooled by others to add on costly modules + expensive labour costs!

Cheers! :)

Guest kepiting1sg

Cklasse5 wrote:

Up for you, Uncle Seah!

If you need help on how to use your existing gadgets (e.g. Digital TV) to the Comand NTG4, let me know I will share with you. Don't be fooled by others to add on costly modules + expensive labour costs!

Thank you Cklasse5,

Even though Unker has not installed the Command NTG4 in my ride, I am "pretty optimistic" that it will take place. I pray!....amithaba!!!!....image.php?u=29&dateline=1256875983

I have already made provisions to make use of my Dig TV, Garmin GVN53 GPS Blackbox & Reverse Camera when the NTG4 is in place.

It's a $300+ solution.

Should be arriving at my door steps this late afternoon from SingPost......hehehe:becky:

Unker like to trawl the net and have being on eBay for >10 yrs with about >600 buys from 500 sellers.....:wink:

Unker sometime pays more knowingly it cost less if I buy it myself & DIY but I do not have the luxury of time and fear of breaking up things as Unker get older & clumsier....hahahahaa!

Kum Xia for your thoughtfulness!

Guest kepiting1sg

blackmercs wrote:

Unker how abt deactivate the auto circulation thingy? I want it to be continously on mode. Hope I m not wasting anyone time by asking this question!!

If that's possible, I will get you to line up to pai loti when Miro eventually make it here. :whistle:

Guest blackmercs

kepiting1sg wrote:

If that's possible, I will get you to line up to pai loti when Miro eventually make it here. :whistle:

Ok unker hook up for me, lim peh long time didn't get to pai loti liao. Oops OT OT & wasting time here paisei!!

Guest Cklasse5

After being the 1st person to install the Comand NTG4 with no after-sales support, I have to rely on myself reading for months and indulge into MB genuine parts on EPC and WIS + manufacturer parts (inclusive restricted parts) + Telematics W204 workshop manual and many more. Even C&C was amazed with my findings that they've invited me to go drink kopi. :whistle:

Eventually my efforts paid off, my Comand NTG4 was connected using Original MB parts (same as Manufacturer parts; no difference) to accept my external video/audio source (i.e. Digistream DTV-2000M).

For those who die die that MUST have MB part number imprinted on a Manufacturer part, you have to pay a premium. :bounce:

$300- solution! Better cross your fingers! If it don't work, let me know, I shall assist you. FOC! My solution costs less than SGD$100 (using original MB parts). :whistle:

I took so many months to learn this thus it's time I contribute to SGMerc to benefit all fellow members.

Guest BenzModz

kepiting1sg wrote:

As informed by Miro more retrofit options are now easily available.

- COMAND

- iPOD kit

- Navigation DVD

- folding mirrors

- dipping on reverse passenger side

- cupholders

- dimming mirrors

We can add paddle shift to this list. :becky: These are the most requested options.

Please note that when you order NTG 2.5 for W169 / W245 / R171 / W164 ..... they always come with Voice Control parts and user manual in English.

Please note that when you order NTG 4.0 for W204 / W207 / W212 ..... they require a specific airbag for voice control and a specific cluster which most cars normally have and user manual in English.

Always provide your chassis numberfor best possible results. I only use original Mercedes parts.

Ordering deadline in this group buy is close to October 15, 2010. Unless the parts are in stock orders made after this date may not arrive in time for installation.

Guest BenzModz

kepiting1sg wrote:

You want just iPod Integration or Media Interface (iPod/USB/Aux in) if that is possible?

I guess Media Interface may not be possible unless you have Command.

For just iPod Integration, you may wanna read here and the parts involved

W204 iPod Integration

Miro, if you are reading this thread, pls quote or comment here pls!

I can only comment on Mercedes solution. Since I dont know other brands. Yes Mercedes offers reversing camera on COMAND but they do not offer reversing camera + iPOD video. If you have reversing camera then your iPOD is only audio and not video. This is because it uses the same port.

Similar, if you have TV then there is no IPOD video. But at least you can connect iPOD kit into TV AUX.

Media interface always possible so long as you are aware of limitations of Mercedes product regarding iPOD video.

Guest BenzModz

Cklasse5 wrote:

After being the 1st person to install the Comand NTG4 with no after-sales support, I have to rely on myself reading for months and indulge into MB genuine parts on EPC and WIS + manufacturer parts (inclusive restricted parts) + Telematics W204 workshop manual and many more. Even C&C was amazed with my findings that they've invited me to go drink kopi. :whistle:

Eventually my efforts paid off, my Comand NTG4 was connected using Original MB parts (same as Manufacturer parts; no difference) to accept my external video/audio source (i.e. Digistream DTV-2000M).

For those who die die that MUST have MB part number imprinted on a Manufacturer part, you have to pay a premium. :bounce:

$300- solution! Better cross your fingers! If it don't work, let me know, I shall assist you. FOC! My solution costs less than SGD$100 (using original MB parts). :whistle:

I took so many months to learn this thus it's time I contribute to SGMerc to benefit all fellow members.

The main reason a person can like original parts .... comes with quality parts and works very well. Comes with wiring harness of high quality. Eveything fits together 100%. Easy to diagnose fault condition with factory software. Does not raise anger from dealer.

One time I installed rear seat monitors in C55 and the customer complained that it made his battery flat. So I disconnected the system and the battery was flat again. He complained that the dealer said it was my system but the customer leaves the key in the ignition overnight. The car never sleeps. Easy to blame non-Mercedes product !

Guest kepiting1sg

bbwannabe wrote:

lol... fyi, both miro (benzmodz) and steve (mbenznl) are very reliable sources. i bought over 15k of stuff from both of them combined. no worries. after-sale support is awesome too.

Thank U for the reference!

I believe we are dealing with the right & legitimate people for this GB.

Parts & Commands will be likely from MBENZNL(Steve) or Commandonline UK (Richard).

Guest Cklasse5

BenzModz wrote:

The main reason a person can like original parts .... comes with quality parts and works very well. Comes with wiring harness of high quality. Eveything fits together 100%. Easy to diagnose fault condition with factory software. Does not raise anger from dealer.

One time I installed rear seat monitors in C55 and the customer complained that it made his battery flat. So I disconnected the system and the battery was flat again. He complained that the dealer said it was my system but the customer leaves the key in the ignition overnight. The car never sleeps. Easy to blame non-Mercedes product !

Hehehe... That's why I take pain to study this thingy 'cos I only want Original Genuine MB parts to be connected to 'talk' to external source! I believe you too have receive my email consulting you previously but no response (I know your position thus it may not be appropriate to reply me the other time. No worries, pal!).

Guest Cklasse5

kepiting1sg wrote:

Thank U for the reference!

I believe we are dealing with the right & legitimate people for this GB.

Parts & Commands will be likely from MBENZNL(Steve) or Commandonline UK (Richard).

I second these people including Miro. They're the GURUs aka consultants to many established MB forums around the World. :thumb:

Ah yes, please include me in this GB, but need plenty of help on what to get (absolute noob on this things...)

1. W212 came with:

- Audio 20

- Media Interface Cables (iPOD/USB/MP3 3.5mm)

- Bluetooth connectivity for phone

- Reverse Camera

2. Would like

- Navigation (SEA maps)

- DVD Player

- Digital TV

- View in Motion

Am open to whatever solution/configuration that is most compatible, and cost efficient.

Thanks so much!

Guest kepiting1sg

knighthunter wrote:

I am interested to joint the GB for my 2009 W245 with Audio 20 (LCD version): I need only for Ipod integration is it possible?

Yes! Possible!

Will let U know once I've the estimate, I will PM U the estd. cost!

Thank U for your interest! :hand: