• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

GROUP BUY for COMMAND & OTHER MERCS RETROFIT - IPOD, FOLDING MIRRORS, NAVI DVD, ETC

Guest kepiting1sg

kepiting1sg wrote:

If there are more cars wanting to do iPod Integration GB, we might be able to provide a competitive price than C&C.

Unker,

08 FL W211 with Audio 20(non-LCD), interested in the iPod integration,but need est. costs. Thanks Unker! good on you for organising the GB! :)

Guest kepiting1sg

funng wrote:

Unker,

08 FL W211 with Audio 20(non-LCD), interested in the iPod integration,but need est. costs. Thanks Unker! good on you for organising the GB! :)

Hi Fungg,

No choice to hold the GB cos I want to instal Command!

Like I said, there're no monetary gains or commercial interests for me.

I am checking with Miro how much he will quote!

I did told him that if the quote is not far from C & C, then the interests may not be there.

Like I said, the more people joining the GB for iPod integration & or Command, the lower will be the price.

Parts prices are std + 7% GST whereas the cost of installation charges (Instal cost + Travelling) will depend on the number of people in the GB.

Will keep U inform!

Thank U for your interest!

Unker, let me know the cost for parts & installation for the passenger side mirror reverse tilt down function for W204. Please let Miro know that my car does not come with memory package. Kum sia!

Guest kepiting1sg

NewC180 wrote:

Unker, let me know the cost for parts & installation for the passenger side mirror reverse tilt down function for W204. Please let Miro know that my car does not come with memory package. Kum sia!

Will let U know Bro Heng!

U want memory seats too?

kepiting1sg wrote:

Will let U know Bro Heng!

U want memory seats too?

No thank you, that will cost too much for this base model. Wife only wants the tilt down function so check cheap or not lor, if cheap cheap then just do it.

Guest kepiting1sg

JGoh wrote:

Ah yes, please include me in this GB, but need plenty of help on what to get (absolute noob on this things...)

1. W212 came with:

- Audio 20

- Media Interface Cables (iPOD/USB/MP3 3.5mm)

- Bluetooth connectivity for phone

- Reverse Camera

2. Would like

- Navigation (SEA maps)

- DVD Player

- Digital TV

- View in Motion

Am open to whatever solution/configuration that is most compatible, and cost efficient.

Thanks so much!

Hi Joshua Kor Kor,

Pls go check my PM to U! :hand:

Waiting for your reply! Thks!

Guest kepiting1sg

JGoh wrote:

Sorry to keep you waiting... am on work trip and been kept occupied.

Have replied your PM.

Thanks, again.

Hi Joshua,

Pls check your PM again,

I need your VIN pls!

TIA

Guest kepiting1sg

NewC180 wrote:

The good news is that your W204 can do dipping mirror without memory package.

Miro told me that only W169 A Class & W245 B Class not possible nia.

Will let U know how muchee once I've the quote from Miro.

Kum Xia for your interest in this GB! :hand:

Guest NewC180

kepiting1sg wrote:

The good news is that your W204 can do dipping mirror without memory package.

Miro told me that only W169 A Class & W245 B Class not possible nia.

Will let U know how muchee once I've the quote from Miro.

Kum Xia for your interest in this GB! :hand:

Kum xia unker, waiting for your prices then...

Guest kepiting1sg

NewC180 wrote:

Kum xia unker, waiting for your prices then...

We might get another Bro W204 doing dipping mirrors & memory seats too!

The more people in the GB, the lesser we have to pay for the instal charges which includes travelling & accomodation costs. :becky:

Guest NewC180

kepiting1sg wrote:

We might get another Bro W204 doing dipping mirrors & memory seats too!

The more people in the GB, the lesser we have to pay for the instal charges which includes travelling & accomodation costs. :becky:

Hmmm, since got ppl doing mirrors + memory seats, let me know the costs as well. Will consider if it's not too expensive. Thanks again.

Guest kepiting1sg

blackmercs wrote:

Unker any replies on the auto circulation from our foreign talents?

Have not get him to quote cos this if possible is just coding nia and should not cos an arm or leg.

Guest kepiting1sg

NewC180 wrote:

Hmmm, since got ppl doing mirrors + memory seats, let me know the costs as well. Will consider if it's not too expensive. Thanks again.

The Bro who wanted memory seats & dipping mirror has not come back to me whether he got his car or not.

If he cannot get it in time for the visit, then Miro can't do for him.

Currently Miro is trying to get the best quotes for the parts mainly from COMMAND UK & MBENZNL.

I will check with him also cost of retrofit for memory seats.

We have to "act timely and cannot procastinate longer or else it's like "Paralysis thru Analysis" :becky:

I may have to close the GB soon once I've "accurate quotes for parts & shipment" also taking into account Forex, Bank TT charges & miscellaneous charges if any.

Price GB participant confirmed OK --> GB viable --> I start collecting money for parts, shipping & gst --> I make payment --> parts shipped --> Miro make travel arrangement for visit --> I confirm dates & place for instal --> Parts here I collect & pay GST --> Miro here --> KABOOMZZ!--> Retrofit successful --> each participant pay instal charges--> THE END of GB 1

Like to reiterate again: I m organizing this GB without any monetary gains or commercial interests. I m doing it cos I want to retrofit my Merc and since no one is willing or can work with Miro, I've to take this lead for the GB! So whoever has interest in this GB, please come forward quickly cos we dun have much time left to time for Miro possible visit in late November.

I hope this GB will be eventually materialized! AMITHABA!!!!!

P.S I will still proceed for the retrofit of 3 confirmed rides for COMMAND even though if the interest for retrofit of iPod integration & or other miscellaneous retrofit do not take place becos of prices.

Menwhile we are trying to get the best prices for you!

I plan to close the GB by next Sunday 10-10-2010 11.59pm

Guest kepiting1sg

blackmercs wrote:

Push him deep deep ya!!

Bro P,

Reply from Miro:-

"You cannot recirculate air inside a car all the time because the CO2 levels trigger ventilation. Usually a car only has 15 min of fresh air"

Guest blackmercs

kepiting1sg wrote:

Bro P,

Reply from Miro:-

"You cannot recirculate air inside a car all the time because the CO2 levels trigger ventilation. Usually a car only has 15 min of fresh air"

This kinda of answer P1 also knows!! I m asking to mod it not for an answer!! I guess I hv to drive top down throughout!! Kum sia unker, u r a gd man for arranging this group buy hope u strike 4D.

Guest kepiting1sg

blackmercs wrote:

This kinda of answer P1 also knows!! I m asking to mod it not for an answer!! I guess I hv to drive top down throughout!! Kum sia unker, u r a gd man for arranging this group buy hope u strike 4D.

HK lah!

Could have given U a simple answer "not possible" to overide!

Maybe the safety feature is to prevent couple from dying when they parked at secluded places with the air-con turn on at nite.:becky:

Go buy Audi lah!

Audi can overide this function to be set permanently or revert back by simple settings.

Maybe U go try the Audi steps to see if it works on MB or not!

1. With engine/aircon on - turn on the Internal Air circulation - button lighted up.

2. Switched off the engine!

3. The next time whenever U switch on your engine, the Internal Air Circulation is turn on permanently.

Wanted to try it last week but forget!

Now in Pleasure Island - Prado can turn on or off at your time own target!

Huat ARH!!!!

Guest blackmercs

HK lah! Pls refrain fm using vulgarities or I banned u!! Oops u r the moderator not me.

I doubt can be done by using audi method coz Mercs is different class not so simple :).

Guest kepiting1sg

Hi Guys,

GB for this COMMAND Installation & possible iPod Integration for your rides will be ending soon.

Dipping left side mirror when reversing is not cheap cos it involve parts & coding.

It's estd to be around $900 but at least that will assist you not only in parking but not to kerb your nice & expensive rims.

I intend to close this GB next week Wed 13th Oct 12.00 midnite.

Dun hesitate to PM me privately if U have Qs!

I like to reiterate that I have no monetary gains or Commercial interests in this GB. IMHO This is a chance not to be missed as C&C do not do retrofit for after purchase.

[email protected]

Guest skoder

Hi, just a ballpark price of the following for my 2010 w204 with Audio 20 and integrated rev.cam.

Interested in

Command NTG4 - Navi + DVD Changer with Std 40Gb HDD c/w Std 7" LCD screen Linguatronic Voice Control + VIM (Video In Motion) USB or SD port?

Iphone integration instead of ipod? and window tilt.

passenger memory seat if its not to exy.

great to have the break down in pricing TIA.

Hello all,I am new to this forum and just bought a used w220.was driving markxforum n sold it for a better comfortable ride. I know that I will be keeping this car for a while and look forward to meeting u guyz