• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Mercedes Wheel Fitment Guide

Guest angela

• 4 months later...

Submitted by millionmilebenz :-

Hi all!

I recently changed my tyres and I think the following site is the most comprehensive guide ever on tyres (and rims). Everything that is possibly related to tyres seem to be covered.

Ever wondered what all those numbers on the tyres mean? (see page 1) How about camber/toe/caster adjustments?? (see page 2 for advanced topics). Read through it patiently and I guarantee you'll learn a lot... Enjoy!

http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest noelhon

To all Bros,

For W124 8v, what is the maximum rim size i can go without touching inside the wall when turning full circle??

Am thinking of either 16" or 17" width 205. I dont know how to use the AR.

Thanks in advance for advice :pray:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...
http://www.automobile-catalog.com/ will tell you what alternate tyre sizes you can run on your specific model, and www.tyrerack.com will let you try on various wheel combos that are known to fit, and you can see how they look on your car. It's a game I've spent many nights playing in the past lol

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.

Henry A. Kissinger

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Went to a tyre shop and kenna told off by the boss saying my current wheel offset profile doesnt match my model. Im driving an 07 w211 on 17inch rims, the type mostly seen on w204s. Tire profile size is 225/50/r17.

Is there anything wrong with this wheel profile? Im quite worried now.

Went to a tyre shop and kenna told off by the boss saying my current wheel offset profile doesnt match my model. Im driving an 07 w211 on 17inch rims, the type mostly seen on w204s. Tire profile size is 225/50/r17.

Is there anything wrong with this wheel profile? Im quite worried now.

Bro, did the tyre shop boss tell which is the correct size? IIRC, should be 225/45 R17 cos I have since changed to 18" shoes!

Should be absorbers or worn bushes!

I went for a 2nd opinion at another tyre shop at upper serangoon road. He mentioned that there should be no problem as my rims are original stock mercedes rims for c/e class. He did mentioned that my tyres should be 245/45/r17 instead of 225/50/r17, which is funny cause logically 245 is wider than 225. Wouldn't that make my tyres going more inward to the wheel bay? lol...

• 2 months later...

Better keep it simple n safe, also save money,,.upsize isn't as simple as u see. The mechanism inside hv to change accordingly to meet the bigger size too..German dun design a car which can fit mod to better the characteristics which they spent years to developed, test n test before going into mass production, if any Tom n jerry can enhance the performance with easy job, then merc technical team can retire early. Anyway, standard spec already outstanding amongst the norms.