• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

New Owner for B Class

Guest resol2000

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scottycoco wrote:

they will cover the light region and paint the rest

I have sprayed the rest, but not the buttons...cos my painter says he don't know how to cover the light region and still look good, as the rubber feeling materials will dis-integrate over time.....Can your painter do it?

Guest Scottycoco

george wrote:

I have sprayed the rest, but not the buttons...cos my painter says he don't know how to cover the light region and still look good, as the rubber feeling materials will dis-integrate over time.....Can your painter do it?

only the sign portion is not sprayed

• 9 months later...
Guest art60044

Used to own A170....when i rev to overtake, there is a smelly rotten egg smell from aircon. But when i started switching to 98 fuel, the smell was almost gone, but slight smoke smell. At least no rotten eggs smell anymore. Question is: Do Mercs really need 98fuel then?

Guest whitewanderer

Hi guys,

I booked my B160 two weeks ago. I have not seen any B160 on the roads yet and I believe this is the first time C&C bringing them in. Anyone knows how long do I need to wait for my ride? Cant tahan already man. heh.

Guest blackmercs

whitewanderer wrote:

Hi guys,

I booked my B160 two weeks ago. I have not seen any B160 on the roads yet and I believe this is the first time C&C bringing them in. Anyone knows how long do I need to wait for my ride? Cant tahan already man. heh.

Welcome!! Err yr SE didn't inform you the collection date? If ex stock 10 days or less, if fresh 3 to 4 months. If cannot tahan ask SE for poster so that you can carry with you wherever u go :).

B160, can share with us the specs & pricing etc? Newbie here!!

Guest desmondtoo

whitewanderer wrote:

Hi guys,

Welcome welcome...:welcome: Understand your feeling on the wait. Yes, your SE is the best person to advice on your ride's ETA.

B160 is new here...please share share your deal and specs ya! :becky:

Guest lightning

desmondtoo wrote:

Welcome welcome...:welcome: Understand your feeling on the wait. Yes, your SE is the best person to advice on your ride's ETA.

B160 is new here...please share share your deal and specs ya! :becky:

...potential owner of yet another Merc (B-class) in the making... :becky:

Guest whitewanderer

Hi guys,

Yup my SE said the estimated date of delivery is Jul/Aug. According to him, shipment is not in yet. Its a long wait man. I think everything is the same except for the engine which is an R4 model instead of the L4 which is used in the other B Class models. Its a 1498cc btw so the fuel consumption is quite good. Need that in these sky-high petrol prices.

I paid $141888 + $100 for number retention. There are other things that C&C gave but I had to use the credits to offset my top-up amount of my current ride.

I have a question. Lets say my car comes in late August, does that mean that I have to pay for 2 cars from now till August as my loan for the B160 is already approved?

Guest kepiting1sg

whitewanderer wrote:

Hi guys,

Yup my SE said the estimated date of delivery is Jul/Aug. According to him, shipment is not in yet. Its a long wait man. I think everything is the same except for the engine which is an R4 model instead of the L4 which is used in the other B Class models. Its a 1498cc btw so the fuel consumption is quite good. Need that in these sky-high petrol prices.

I paid $141888 + $100 for number retention. There are other things that C&C gave but I had to use the credits to offset my top-up amount of my current ride.

I have a question. Lets say my car comes in late August, does that mean that I have to pay for 2 cars from now till August as my loan for the B160 is already approved?

A warm :welcome: to the forum and congrats on your new ride!!!

IIRC your loan will start only when U take delivery of your new ride!

U can confirm this again with your SE.

Guest whitewanderer

kepiting1sg wrote:

A warm :welcome: to the forum and congrats on your new ride!!!

IIRC your loan will start only when U take delivery of your new ride!

U can confirm this again with your SE.

Hope so. Thanks dude!

Guest Yap ST

Welcome Bro whitewanderer,

My experience is u will only start you new ride installment upon received your ride. So no worry that u need to pay for two..

Two might not always be good right??

:becky:

Guest aspade

whitewanderer wrote:

Hi guys,

Owned and loved our B170 to bits for more than 3 years now (our family car). Hope you will like your too.

The economy of the car really depends on your style of driving and where you car's driven. Based on my experience of the B170 and driving my friend's B200, the fuel economy in town is about the same at about 11 litres for 100 km.

The difference is on the highway : B170 can achieve 6.5 - 7.0 litres per 100 km at about 80km/hr based on the car's display. B200 can achieve the same at 95km/hr. Try it (no iron foot, as smooth as you can on the PIE from Changi to Jurong).

Caveat is we have the K&N filter. Dunno if that makes a diff.

Guest desmondtoo

Hi Aspade, OT a bit here, since your and your friend driving B170 & B200 respectively...can ask you gurus a few questions? I'm eyeing the B180(2009).

Q1. Do you hv the Oven/Burning smell some claims to have when rev above 4k rpm?

Q2. Aircon gas leakage problems?

Btw, am glad that you're still enjoying your ride...:smile:

Guest aspade

desmondtoo wrote:

Hi Aspade, OT a bit here, since your and your friend driving B170 & B200 respectively...can ask you gurus a few questions? I'm eyeing the B180(2009).

Q1. Do you hv the Oven/Burning smell some claims to have when rev above 4k rpm?

Q2. Aircon gas leakage problems?

Btw, am glad that you're still enjoying your ride...:smile:

My car, luckily does not have the oven smell - maybe just a hint of brake wear smell especially if driven by my wife as she can drive the car pretty hard. There were many explanations to the oven smell, I think it could possibly be some quality problems at some seals or due to the catalytic convertor.

My air con became ineffective after about 2.5 years. It was sent to C&C and fixed under warranty. They should inject some radioactive gas into the car's air con system to locate the leak. So far so good but I think this will be a common problem as the car grows older.

Just changed my batteries. The original lasted 3.5 years and not gave a single problem. Replaced it as a cautionary maintenance with a Bosch 12V 74AH (similar to those used in the E-Class).

I would recommend K&N - it works - car will feel more alive compared to the paper filter. Just clean it after 3 years (should have recovered the cost). Inspected the buffer chamber and did not find any dust settlement.

I heard the economy of B180 in the city should be better than the older generation as it has auto stop/start feature when the car is idle in front of traffic light.

Guest desmondtoo

aspade wrote:

My car, luckily does not have the oven smell - maybe just a hint of brake wear smell especially if driven by my wife as she can drive the car pretty hard. There were many explanations to the oven smell, I think it could possibly be some quality problems at some seals or due to the catalytic convertor.

My air con became ineffective after about 2.5 years. It was sent to C&C and fixed under warranty. They should inject some radioactive gas into the car's air con system to locate the leak. So far so good but I think this will be a common problem as the car grows older.

Just changed my batteries. The original lasted 3.5 years and not gave a single problem. Replaced it as a cautionary maintenance with a Bosch 12V 74AH (similar to those used in the E-Class).

I would recommend K&N - it works - car will feel more alive compared to the paper filter. Just clean it after 3 years (should have recovered the cost). Inspected the buffer chamber and did not find any dust settlement.

I heard the economy of B180 in the city should be better than the older generation as it has auto stop/start feature when the car is idle in front of traffic light.

Appreciate your detail explanation...Its really helpful. Your ride can be considered as problem free for the early years...Really glad to see a Happy B owner...:thumb:

Join us on the coming lakopi session la...:becky:

Guest lightning

desmondtoo wrote:

Appreciate your detail explanation...Its really helpful. Your ride can be considered as problem free for the early years...Really glad to see a Happy B owner...:thumb:

Join us on the coming lakopi session la...:becky:

another happy new B owner in the making... :lol:

yes... aspade...do come and join us in the next la-kopi and mthly gtg :becky:

Guest aspade

For new buyers, my other advice is to get the best factory fitted sound system in the spec. The Audio20 gets drown out easily and fitting a good after market sound system is not easy without sacrificing some usability.

The only regrets I had with the car was not fitting the Logic7 available for my model.

Guest powebird

i am a very happy B170 owner, the car is now 2 yrs 2 mths with a mileage of 27200 km, since i bought the car at mileage 21500km, i have changed a new set of presently E class sports rims with goodyear asymettrical tyres, new front brake pads and rotors, new battery and waiting to go for the next servicing....the car is superb...took it for a drive to KL during the June holidays..... clocked 146 km/h and the car still wants to go but i refrain coz my family is with me...the consumption is 7.9l / 100km, filled up w malaysia's shell v power 97......

my bee bee can perform...thank God for making me able to drive this star...i appreciate it every moment.... hope u do to urs too.......