• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

New Owner for B Class

Guest resol2000

Guest resol2000

Hi Guys,

Booked my B180 2 weeks ago during the promo where the unit is a Show car for road show.

Got my COE at 42K in yesterday's bidding.

Any issues that i should take note of?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

resol2000 wrote:

Hi Guys,

Booked my B180 2 weeks ago during the promo where the unit is a Show car for road show.

Gratz dude hope you'll enjoy your ownership experience. Come join us @ this Sunday's gathering Kallang Carpark F, 430pm onwards to meet other MBheads. :becky:

Guest resol2000

Thanks Guys,

will probably join in the next meeting.

Looking forward to the new car next week.

How's the fuel consumption for this car?

Was actually choosing between the Tiguan and the CRV. Just happened to pass by the showroom that day and saw that the space is actually comparable to the above mentioned and the fuel consumption was much better. The price was almost equivalent to the 2, lower road tax and it's a Mercedes.

Guest blackmercs

resol2000 wrote:

Thanks Guys,

will probably join in the next meeting.

Looking forward to the new car next week.

How's the fuel consumption for this car?

Was actually choosing between the Tiguan and the CRV. Just happened to pass by the showroom that day and saw that the space is actually comparable to the above mentioned and the fuel consumption was much better. The price was almost equivalent to the 2, lower road tax and it's a Mercedes.

Hv U test drive e tiguan & CRV? Care to share yr feedback?

Guest resol2000

Have test driven the CRV some time back. Ride is ok but heard that it is a drinker - my friend getting 7-8 km/ litre.

Actually Tiguan is much better in terms of drive.

Guest Mighty_Mike

Hi resol2000,

Welcome to the forum!!!

Got my ride in January and very happy with my ride other than the aircon which is not as powerful and also during crank starting of the car,undercarriage produce some kind of loose metal noise.

Well anyway hope to meet up with you on the next meetup with your new ride.

Meanwhile have a great week ahead and take care.

Guest resol2000

Hi Mike,

Thanks! Good to hear that you are enjoying your ride. How's the consumption? Getting good mileage for this car?

I like the space and after reading the forum, might be poisoned to mod the audio to include the GPS, reverse camera, TV etc.

Not sure if anyone has MOD their audio for the B class though.

Guest ACSLK

resol2000 wrote:

Hi Guys,

Hi resol,

congrats and welcome in........

vroom vroom

cheers

Guest resol2000

Thanks guys!

is it me or i have noticed more B class on the roads than ever?

How are your rides? Any major issues or complains?

Getting my car next week and looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ericyeow

Hi I am newly joined and will get my B180 tomorrow. This is a 2010 year of manufacture which I got also under the demo car scheme. It says that mileage will not be more than 250 km. I will see when collect car tomorrow. BTW I have also included a under hood insulation mat which was not in the original equipment. I read that it will not buffer sound to the car interior but probably will reduce noise to the outside of the car especially when standing in front of the bonnet.

Guest resol2000

got my car yesterday. quite happy with it and noise level not as bad as the test drive car.

Need some adjustments to the height as i was driving the 320 before.

Was reading the forum and there is a "mass order" for command installation. Have anyone of you done that and is it good?

Guest blackmercs

resol2000 wrote:

got my car yesterday. quite happy with it and noise level not as bad as the test drive car.

Need some adjustments to the height as i was driving the 320 before.

Was reading the forum and there is a "mass order" for command installation. Have anyone of you done that and is it good?

Welcum y u dump BMW for Mercs?

Guest ericyeow

hi, got my ride yesterday. although it was brought as a demo/trade car, the mileage was only 11 km. I am happy with it and was concern how CVT would perform after hearing all the adverse comments. In fact, it was smooth, relatively quiet and the ride was tight and bumps are well absorbed.

I noticed that there was no centre car mat at the rear seat i.e. hump between the two rear seats. What about you out there? Was your B class provided with any rear centre car mat?

Guest resol2000

i dump the BMW cos it's starting to give me some problems like the air-con and gear box and the car is coming to the 3 yr mark. sold off at quite a high price due to the COE and bought this for the family.

Eric, welcome to the club. my thoughts exactly. the ride is smooth and pleasant and not as noisy when i first test drove it.

Nope, no centre mat as well. i am looking to buy the 3M type of mat as the orginal mat seems to get dirty rather easily.

Family very happy with the car cos of the bigger leg room and height compared to the 3 series.

Got my car last thurs and still only 1/4 mark after almost 250km.

Guest 777kenny

All the new B-bros...congrats and enjoy the ride!

Mine is coming to the 3yrs mark and am still having fun.

In fact, the B meet my requirement so well that I'll probably upgrade to the new gen B (B/BLK/BLC) when it's out in 2012/2013 ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cisconet

Hi all B bros here..

Drove a B170 before. Not a bad ride. High sits as well.

Only con side is the limited boot space and the smell from Air-Con when you ram to overtake. Not sure if it happens to the new B180 :)

Hope to see you bros in the coming GTG.. Cheers!

cisconet wrote:

Hi all B bros here..

Drove a B170 before. Not a bad ride. High sits as well.

Only con side is the limited boot space and the smell from Air-Con when you ram to overtake. Not sure if it happens to the new B180 :)

Hope to see you bros in the coming GTG.. Cheers!

Limited boot space??? sorry bro, but this boot is so big that i can put myself in it....what kind of load are u putting in this car? For a hatch, this is the biggest i have seen so far, and my wife is using it for her shopping.....