• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Merc Driving Experience

Guest cisconet

Guest 9339

blackmercs wrote:

hmmm both feet??? Nope didnt try that and wouldnt wanna do it loz My greatest trick on braking that is by using one hand to depress the brake at a slow speed!!!

During bmw experience, we can do the reverse flick, can mercs with foot brake achieve this trick too? Will find out during the mercs experience.

Just do everything you wont do to your own car, Try everything and this should be the the main reason why you sign this up.

We had real fun during the driving exp in 2008.

Have fun......

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lightning

blackmercs wrote:

Went for e Merc driving experience. My comments is "wats experience" Lolz

a so so experience i suppose...:becky: we had almost a full day of WET experience...:whistle:

Guest notti

sounds like the same driving experience course i had in 2008 except you guys got amg to have fun with :)

lightning wrote:

a so so experience i suppose...:becky: we had almost a full day of WET experience...:whistle:

Guest cisconet

I think those who had went, will rest for 2 yrs or more before signing up again cos the models are around the same, unlike mobile phones where new models launched every 6 months or so.

But overall, i think it is quite an experience event. Really booast the branding.. haha

twisti wrote:

i signed up for tomorrow session. anybody going tmr? what are we supposed to do there?

45 mins of theory and brand affirmation exercise.

Morning sessions - Braking and swerving exercise to test/showcase Merc's ABS and ESP prowess.....

lunch

Afternoon ... slalom, braking and over steer control exercise.

then.... that's where the fun comes....

you are given 1 practice lap only on a C200CGI .... and then a timed hot lap.... fastest lap of the day of all participants wins a special prize from Merc.

The lap is round a makeshift circuit emphasizing on all that you've gone thru for that day. So, the more you get it right during the earlier session, the better you'll be for the timed lap.

Then you get to sit in the C63AMG driven by the chief instructor round that circuit on a lap.

We timed the instructor's lap on C63AMG .... about 49.x secs

Our timing on C200CGi was about 52.x secs (at least within 107% :P )

Spread of cars include SLK350, E350 coupe, E350 cabrio, S300, E350CGI, E250CGI E200CGI, C200CGI, C180CGI, R350, B180

Of course the C63AMG, E63AMG and SL63AMG were there,.. but not for the participants.

I wouldnt mind going for the driving experience again, if they let us have a few cars on 10 practice laps per car and 3 timed qualifying laps using whichever car we want....

and... if they include cars like SLS, CL, CLC, and SL for us to drive....

i had great fun.... :)

Guest lightning

mile wrote:

Then you get to sit in the C63AMG driven by the chief instructor round that circuit on a lap.

only C63AMG?...we also got to ride on E63AMG as well...good experience :whistle:

Guest lightning

mile wrote:

sadly.... yeah. only C63AMG was used. I think the E63 was low on fuel ....

:bounce:should send the instructor out with a jerrycan to tao pow some petrol...lol :whistle:

Guest twisti

just came back from the event. we only had a chance to ride on the C63AMG during the event. the E63AMG was not used.

however after the event, the chief instructor gave some participants a ride on the E63AMG and also demo the auto park system on the B class.

overall it was a fun day!

• 1 month later...

twisti wrote:

didnt know that mediacorp actors Elvin Ng and Zheng Geping got go to the mercedes driving experience!

Brand ambassadors at large perhaps ? Elvin's driving a CLC if I am not mistaken.