• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Any good tire to recommend

Guest Mike

pc ]

Been using the CSC2 and it' wrote:

read that michellin primacy MV4+ is good and quiet. any bro has experience?

check this out http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=GT[/color] if you are refering to pilot primacy...

not pilot primacy

see this

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Primacy+MXV4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mekenics

try toyo trampio v-mode

was using on my w203 then.

better than T1R in wet but a bit more rolling road noise.

not an issue consider merc all come stock with v gd sound insulation o'redi! ;D

Guest millionmilebenz

btw where do you guys source dunlop & michelin tyres from?

Hi W208! Sorry to have missed you during the last meet-up. Saw your nice ride in the pics. Thanks for coming down!!

Any members can help W208 with his question??

Guest Cklasse

I will go Autobac for a price gauge, then ask around the rest of the shops.

For Conti, try Stamford Tyre...however, must bargain and you will be surprised the kind of discount they will give.

When I asked for a CSC2, the initial price quoted was $500 per piece. When I bargained and walked out to the door, the price had gone down to $300.

Guest millionmilebenz

Agree, bargaining always seem to work. I have not stuck to one specific tyre shop through the years. Have bought tyres from Stamford, shops in Joo Chiat, Sin Ming, etc. etc.

Guest phicho

Agree, bargaining always seem to work. I have not stuck to one specific tyre shop through the years. Have bought tyres from Stamford, shops in Joo Chiat, Sin Ming, etc. etc.

in your view which is so far the most comfortable and quiet tyre?

Guest Raskie

comfort not equal performance ... BS-GR80, Yoko DB and Mic MXV series ..

i had Hankook K104 (on 18") .. very comfy in the beginning but left rear went completely bald while other 3 were evenly 60%+- after 2 years !!! Went to alignment shop and said nothing wrong ith setup .. suspect that tire cld be from faulty batch !!!

:)

Guest RRRoaring

Love my Pirelli P Zero Rosso tyres. Had them on for 6 months now and they run really well in both wet and dry. Wonder why no one here recommends them ?? Certainly would change back to these again. !!

Guest millionmilebenz

For my W124, I'm pretty happy with the Bridgestone Turanza. It's quiet.

For the W126 (running on 17" AMG rims), so far I have only tried the Falken ZE522 and I find it "ok". Can't have too high expectation for that money. ;)

Guest phicho

Love my Pirelli P Zero Rosso tyres. Had them on for 6 months now and they run really well in both wet and dry. Wonder why no one here recommends them ?? Certainly would change back to these again. !!

is this a quiet tyre? how much would one piece cost?

Guest skipper

I am using Goodyear F1 GSD3. I won't recommend these if you are sensitive to noise, but they are probably the cheapest high performance tyres in the market.

I am definitely changing to Michelin Preceda 2 next. Anyone can recommend a Michelin tyre shop where they actually know how to mount the tyres (align the red/yellow dots) and use a torque wrench to tighten the wheel nuts? Sad to say many shops don't know what they are doing...

Guest Cklasse

I am using GY F1 too (German made) and it is indeed a good wet tyre, sticky on dry too (although have not push too much yet).

I have only seen Autobac using a torque wrench for tyre change many years back, not too sure if they are practicing now. I was impressed then and I personally like this practice.

Guest RRRoaring

is this a quiet tyre? how much would one piece cost?

Best Price was around SGD680 per piece.. very quiet tyre.

hai.... its time to change tyres for me!!

have to change it before going on Road trip up north possible next month!!

but mine only 15" rims(AMG monoblocks) wonder which tyre is good lei?

my mech told me go for conti.

present Yoko, is damn noisy!!

any recommendation for a 15"....

Guest milk15

Conti not bad but if i'm not wrong.... Conti tyres cannot be inter-changed inner to outer....

Tat's the only bad point if your tyres tempted to "eat" more on the inner side....

** Hope you guys understand what i'm trying to say... :P

Conti not bad but if i'm not wrong.... Conti tyres cannot be inter-changed inner to outer....

Tat's the only bad point if your tyres tempted to "eat" more on the inner side....

** Hope you guys understand what i'm trying to say... :P

if uneven wear on tire, shd take a look at wheel alignment ...

my mech told me go for conti.

that's wat the tire guy said when I changed.. conti too heavy for normal Jap tires .. changed to Hankook K104 (on18") and was quite ok with the tire ... but anyway me no spirited driver ...!!!

another friend changed to GR80 on his Volvo S60 and was very happy with the comfort and no complaint of quicker tire wear ...